Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-15-08, 04:37 AM   #1
evox
:3

Default Dante's Inferno Announced!

Quote:
An abducted soul, a lifetime of sins, a journey to the depths of despair. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that EA Redwood Shores, the studio behind hit horror game Dead Space™, is making Dante’s Inferno™ – a third-person action adventure adaptation of the medieval epic poem The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. The dark fiction gave birth to the Tuscan Italian dialect and is widely considered to have defined the western world’s contemporary conception of hell and purgatory. The poem tells the tale of Dante who journeys through the twisted, menacing nine circles of hell in pursuit of his beloved Beatrice.

Written in the 14th Century, The Divine Comedy was published and read aloud in Italian (unlike the Bible), thereby making the poem accessible to the mass public. The poem delivers a striking and allegorical vision of the Christian afterlife and the punishments of hell. In part one, known as Dante’s Inferno, Dante traverses all nine circles of hell; limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, wrath, heresy, violence, fraud and treachery.

“The time is right for the world of interactive entertainment to adapt this literary masterpiece, and to re-introduce Dante to an audience that, until now, may have been unfamiliar with the remarkable details of this great work of art,” said Jonathan Knight, executive producer for Dante’s Inferno. “It’s the perfect opportunity to fuse great gameplay with great story.”

For more information on Dante’s Inferno, please visit www.dantesinferno.com and sign up for the newsletter and bookmark for news, features and upcoming events.
Trailer: http://www.dantesinferno.com/home.action

Sounds really interesting.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 06:45 AM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Dante's Inferno Announced!

Meh, I'll wait till we find out more and see more about the game before getting excited.
Old 12-15-08, 06:47 AM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Dante, Beatrice is this some Devil May Cry rip-off?
Old 12-15-08, 06:54 AM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Dante, Beatrice is this some Devil May Cry rip-off?
eeer what?

Dante's Inferno is older then Devil May Cry... and other then sharing the name Dante really have nothing in common.
Old 12-15-08, 06:59 AM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i admit i don't know much about devil may cry
Old 12-15-08, 07:05 AM   #6
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
i admit i don't know much about devil may cry
umm what? Dante's Divine comedy has nothing whatsoever to do with devil may cry..

Wikipedia to the rescue!
Old 12-15-08, 07:09 AM   #7
|MaguS|

I read the Dante's Divine stories back in High School, loved them. Some of the best lit that school has exposed me to.
Old 12-15-08, 07:16 AM   #8
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I read the Dante's Divine stories back in High School, loved them. Some of the best lit that school has exposed me to.
Me too and I remember it being kind of freaky. Can't imagine the people's reaction back in the day when it was written. This book must have doubled the amount of church attendees!

Old 12-15-08, 07:52 PM   #9
Sobbsy

Dante's Inferno... This is a sequel to the movie Dante's Peak, right? And you have to play James Bond riding a pyroclastic flow down from outer space and into the ocean to battle Poseidon?

This does sound really really cool though. I'm interested in how they'll portray the nine circles of hell...
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 07:57 PM   #10
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that EA Redwood Shores, the studio behind hit horror game Dead Space™, is making Dante’s Inferno™ – a third-person action adventure adaptation of the medieval epic poem The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.
loved dead space
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-08, 08:02 PM   #11
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yeah, this being from the Dead Space team makes me excited all on its own.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 10:52 AM   #12
sahilmalhotra17

Actually all nomenclature in Devil may cry is derived from the Divine Comedy.... Dante, Vergil, Cerebrus, arkham, echidna, berial ... are some references that come to mind that are instant matches.
sahilmalhotra17 is offline   Reply With Quote