Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-29-08, 11:33 AM   #13
evox
:3

Default Re: nvnews steam group

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Because we don't want random people joining... only nvnews members...
Random people won't be ****ed to join. Get over yourselves already. Everyone from Digg to XtremeSystems has a public Steam group.

If random people do join, what can possibly happen? nVnews getting more traffic? We sure don't want that to happen....
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 11:50 AM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Truth is we only want nvnews members who love Persona to join.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 01:46 PM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Truth is we only want nvnews members who love Persona to join.
If that were the case then I would boot you all, theres not enough Persona love going around.

Evox, yes we would get more people to join by making it public but then like I said anyone could join and I am sure we don't want some tool joining just so he can go around griefing and using the nvnews name. If someone wants to join the group they can ask a member to invite them or join the website to gain access, not like we have any other restrictions other then being a member of the site...
Old 12-29-08, 02:16 PM   #16
evox

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
If that were the case then I would boot you all, theres not enough Persona love going around.

Evox, yes we would get more people to join by making it public but then like I said anyone could join and I am sure we don't want some tool joining just so he can go around griefing and using the nvnews name. If someone wants to join the group they can ask a member to invite them or join the website to gain access, not like we have any other restrictions other then being a member of the site...
I think you misunderstood. I mean who has the time to join a Steam group about a forum and then crap on it? That would pathetically sad. My point is it should be accessible to more users. One shouldn't have to post and request an invite. That would make sense if it was a dedicated clan/guild, which it clearly isn't.
Old 12-29-08, 02:25 PM   #17
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

another vote for keeping it private
Old 12-29-08, 02:26 PM   #18
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
I think you misunderstood. I mean who has the time to join a Steam group about a forum and then crap on it? That would pathetically sad. My point is it should be accessible to more users. One shouldn't have to post and request an invite. That would make sense if it was a dedicated clan/guild, which it clearly isn't.
hmm, rob
Old 12-29-08, 02:34 PM   #19
Gorion
Papahs Pleez

Steam ID: StSimeon

I was in the group and got kicked by a hacker. Would someone please send an invite?
Old 12-29-08, 02:42 PM   #20
Revs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorion View Post
I was in the group and got kicked by a hacker. Would someone please send an invite?
Me too

Nickname: Revs
Acc. name: bonbevitt

Revs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-08, 02:57 PM   #21
|MaguS|

Quote:
If people have the time to create multple logins here and just post nonsense or join a game just to grief people they will have the time to ruin a communities reputation.

Were not a dedicated clan or guild but we are a dedicated community... and no one has to post here, they can easily send pms to people here or on steam for an invite. I usually leave my steam running all the time so if I see a msg asking for an invite, you will get it.
Old 12-29-08, 02:59 PM   #22
evox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
hmm, rob
Get over yourself already....

Don't want to make it pub, then don't. Its likely to get more members if its pub but whatever.
Old 12-29-08, 03:03 PM   #23
|MaguS|

Quote:
Get over yourself already....

Don't want to make it pub, then don't. Its likely to get more members if its pub but whatever.
We don't care about having a massive amount of members, the group was designed for members of this forum to be able to game and communicate with steam better...

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT SOME RANDOM STEAM USER, ONLY NVNEWS MEMBERS.
Old 12-29-08, 03:08 PM   #24
evox

Guess PS3 is no longer helping you masturbate. Gotta hump the laptop too? Good luck with that I guess.