Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-09, 12:22 PM   #721
H4yd3n
Embrace the plague!

Default Re: Screenshot Thread 2009

Okay, that's a great screenshot, but wtf was the point of posting it 20+ times?
Screens from DOWII opening movie, not great quality because it's going so fast, but still good.

- Q6600 @ 3.06GHz @ 1.2V - EVGA GTX 260 216 801/1338/1727 - ABIT IP35 Pro -
- ZALMAN 9700 - CM Stacker 830 - BENQ 24" LCD - 500 GB Seagate HDD -
- G.Skill 4GB 2 x 2 DDR2 - CM 1000W PSU -
- Logitech G500 - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - Razer eXactMat -
- Logitech G35 - ASUS Black DVD/CD drive - Windows Vista Home Premium x64 -

Quote:
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill
Old 02-26-09, 12:23 PM   #722
gimma
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
I think someone needs to take out the banhammer.
Oh please do!
Old 02-26-09, 12:24 PM   #723
gimma
*BANNED*

nm
Old 02-26-09, 01:45 PM   #724
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
go back to page 1 please, and read through...i havent whined about anything i have simply asked soet to reduce the amount of spam he posts in the screenshot thread...in a bid to get up my nose he then followed with a torrent of crysis screenshots. Very immature of him. He has since then started to brand me a 'cod4 fanboy' hence the reason he brought the argument of another game into it...i have never compared the graphics of cod4 to crysis that would be just stupidity but when he continued to make comparisons i thought it wise to show him facts and figures. He obviously didnt like that. His attitude and behaviour on the forum is not to most peoples taste and sure enough after this post i make i will be shoving him back onto my ignore list before i stoop as low as the little cretin and say something i shouldnt.

Glad you liked you pic soet, maybe you should actually pick it up one day and give it a try.... you might like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
I dont hate crysis...i hate the constant screenshots of it taking up page after page in the screenshot thread when all i want to do is browse through screenshots of different games wether they be really bad or awesome. Its so refreshing when other people post games such as GTA IV, Burnout, FSX which looks awesome i might add and anything new. Page after page of screenshots that have have been messed with one way or another gets boring.
Of course, I do agree with you about spamming of SSs, by SJ and can see how you could get aggravated by it, as I said earlier - he can sure be an "a-hole" but I don't know what exactly he is trying to do... troll or being sincere... whatever. The thing about "not my argument" - I'm just intervening to point out things that you might have said while being "pissed off"/involved in the argument.

These game vs game things can surely start due to more or less nothing and escalate quickly for no "real" reasons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4yd3n View Post
Okay, that's a great screenshot, but wtf was the point of posting it 20+ times?
Screens from DOWII opening movie, not great quality because it's going so fast, but still good.

That is good dawg!

In bold - for sure, though SJ appears to have taken the "feedback" on board and reduced the spamming at least to some extent. Still can be an a-hole for sure though...
Old 02-26-09, 04:58 PM   #725
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Trix you're a pathetic figure, stop harassing and whining. I don't spam crysis shots anymore if you havn't noticed. You're a pure good example of an ignorant selfgood idiot. Just leave it man. There's nothing more to discuss. The ppl here likes the few high quality crysis shots i post. And if you didn't hate crysis u wouldn't mind at all that i post some screens. Your age is a mistery to me but you act childish and try to convince us otherwise. Stop with what you're doing, it doesn't make the atmosphere here good. If i was the owner of this board, hell even a moderator i'd not hesitate to ban you for a week or 3 to make you figure out not to bring trouble and dumb pointless discussion in a SCREENSHOT THREAD where it's purpose is to post screenshots of games. I post a few screens, a few more and you start open your dumb mouth. Just Quit It Please!
Old 02-26-09, 05:59 PM   #726
slivski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Trix you're a pathetic figure, stop harassing and whining. I don't spam crysis shots anymore if you havn't noticed. You're a pure good example of an ignorant selfgood idiot. Just leave it man. There's nothing more to discuss. The ppl here likes the few high quality crysis shots i post. And if you didn't hate crysis u wouldn't mind at all that i post some screens. Your age is a mistery to me but you act childish and try to convince us otherwise. Stop with what you're doing, it doesn't make the atmosphere here good. If i was the owner of this board, hell even a moderator i'd not hesitate to ban you for a week or 3 to make you figure out not to bring trouble and dumb pointless discussion in a SCREENSHOT THREAD where it's purpose is to post screenshots of games. I post a few screens, a few more and you start open your dumb mouth. Just Quit It Please!
Shutup and post some screenshots!

Endwar

Old 02-26-09, 06:06 PM   #727
Bokishi
NV THIS

endwar any good?
EVGA GTX 680
X-Fi Titanium HD
Intel 40GB SSD (SRT Cache)
Hitachi 1TB Boot HDD
7TB Storage HDDs
Coolermaster 750w
Old 02-26-09, 06:07 PM   #728
Hercules

Old 02-26-09, 06:17 PM   #729
slivski

The story actually seems pretty good so far, and the gameplay and graphics are great.

You don't get to control all the units on the filed, only certain ones, but this way the games feels more relaxing and less stressful. I like it :')
Old 02-26-09, 06:44 PM   #730
Sobbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Yup, but I can't remember which.
I just...kinda... Remembered! It's that game where you start off choosing your character out of a bunch of random people / monsters, and you can be good or evil or whatever, but the starting area is really well covered in thick purple fog. Sound right? I've actually got the bloody game at home but never played it... I gave it to a friend of mine and he really enjoyed it, but I only ever saw him play it just a little bit.

Also, admins who may be reading this Crysis debate. I urge you, don't do what Guru3d (read; Fail3d) did and instate a 'zero tolerance' policy on the screenshot thread. That is just about the most downright stupid thing anyone could do, and it'd bite you in the ass. These arguments are great, and regardless of how personal they get (as personal as can be sitting in front of your computer typing harsh words to someone thousands of miles away), it's actually quite enlightening. I've learnt more about Crysis and CoD4 in these last 5 pages than I ever would had the arguments not been there.

No one can get along perfectly forever, that's a given. Just don't punish anyone else over it, and most certainly, do not destroy these great threads because of it.
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Old 02-26-09, 08:03 PM   #731
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Didn't know what the hell I was doing but it looked pretty.
Old 02-26-09, 09:06 PM   #732
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Here is the first pic in 1600x res... better for smaller monitors:
Love that Cryscape, in all regards. The border really brings it out.

@ Koko56, thanks for all the comments on the FSX shots!

Here's more FSXscapes of NSW Australia, west of Coffs Harbour. The elevation mesh comes from the Shuttle Radar Topology Mission(SRTM) data, so every hill that you see is there in real life, and the landclass data is all placed by hand, which tells FSX which terrain textures to use for a given area.

EVGA Intel X58