Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-03, 10:05 AM   #25
muzz

Quote:
Originally posted by Behemoth
fx5800 ultra is the best nvidia gaming card you can buy on the market now.
9800pro is supposed to be in the same class of fx5900 ultra.
under dx9 specification, 9800pro beats fx cards horribly, unfortunely, there is no dx9 game yet. nvidia prepared Doom3 benchmark shows that fx cards may do very well against 9700/9800 pro with proprietary opengl extension, since neither Doom3 nor dx9 games are out, its hard to tell how much better 9800pro really is in real dx9 games, its hard to tell how good fx really is in their proprietary opengl extension.
comparing 9800pro to fx5800 ultra is like comparing fx5800 ultra to 9500pro in my eyes. So 9800pro is overall better if you dont have any special reason to stay with nvidia, like linux or cg applications.
Holy Cow Behemoth... that is the BEST post I have EVER seen come out of your fingertips!!!

I had to go back 3x to make sure it was even you....... are you sure someone didn't log in under your name?
Old 05-31-03, 10:13 AM   #26
indio

holy **** you need a reading comprehension class.

"The Nvidia card will be fastest with "r_renderer nv30

That means the Nv30 will be fastest when using that path to render

and if it means what you think , then this

while the ATI will be a tiny bit faster in the "r_renderer R200" mode instead of the "r_renderer ARB2" mode that it defaults to

means that ATI is faster in R200 than Nv30 path.

get a clue . You just pwned yourself.
Old 05-31-03, 10:13 AM   #27
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by muzz
Holy Cow Behemoth... that is the BEST post I have EVER seen come out of your fingertips!!!

I had to go back 3x to make sure it was even you....... are you sure someone didn't log in under your name?
thanks
yeah i would recommend 9800pro to my friends, but i would also warn them, if this card doesnt eat 5800ultra for lunch in Doom3, its not my fault
Old 05-31-03, 10:20 AM   #28
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by indio
holy **** you need a reading comprehension class.

"The Nvidia card will be fastest with "r_renderer nv30

That means the Nv30 will be fastest when using that path to render

and if it means what you think , then this

while the ATI will be a tiny bit faster in the "r_renderer R200" mode instead of the "r_renderer ARB2" mode that it defaults to

means that ATI is faster in R200 than Nv30 path.

get a clue . You just pwned yourself.
lol it seems you need a reading comprehension class more badly than i do.
anyway did i just say
Quote:
JC said nv30 path is fastest, but running r200 path is certainly a right step in the right direction for you

and read this sentence repeatedly until you understand it

Last edited by Behemoth; 05-31-03 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-31-03, 11:00 AM   #29
indio

The fatal flaw in your logic is they are not seperate sentences.
Please take the quote to your high school english teacher or professor and have it deciphered for you .

Quote:
and read this sentence repeatedly until you understand it

The above is not a sentence, it is part of a sentence . The complete sentence is

The Nvidia card will be fastest with "r_renderer nv30", while the ATI will be a tiny bit faster in the "r_renderer R200" mode instead of the "r_renderer ARB2" mode that it defaults to (which gives some minor quality improvements).

By transposing the 2 halves of the sentence

ATI will be a tiny bit faster in the "r_renderer R200" mode instead of the "r_renderer ARB2" mode that it defaults to (which gives some minor quality improvements) , while The Nvidia card will be fastest with "r_renderer nv30".

This sentence means the exact same thing as the initial sentence.
Please come back when you are functionally literate.
Old 05-31-03, 11:23 AM   #30
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
The fatal flaw in your logic is they are not seperate sentences.
Please take the quote to your high school english teacher or professor and have it deciphered for you .

The above is not a sentence, it is part of a sentence . The complete sentence is

The Nvidia card will be fastest with "r_renderer nv30", while the ATI will be a tiny bit faster in the "r_renderer R200" mode instead of the "r_renderer ARB2" mode that it defaults to (which gives some minor quality improvements).

By transposing the 2 halves of the sentence

ATI will be a tiny bit faster in the "r_renderer R200" mode instead of the "r_renderer ARB2" mode that it defaults to (which gives some minor quality improvements) , while The Nvidia card will be fastest with "r_renderer nv30".

This sentence means the exact same thing as the initial sentence.
Please come back when you are functionally literate.
a partial sentence is still a sentence, its just partial.
since you still dont get it, let me educate you again, nv30 path is fastest, faster than arb2, r200, try understand it as much as you can.
when you have more question, come back with more educated attitude if you can. you are the one who dont understand the sentences here not me
Old 05-31-03, 11:28 AM   #31
digitalwanderer

Angry Ok, that is ENOUGH!

The next person who starts playing anal-nazi-semantics-lawyer I am going to kick right in the nutsack!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-31-03, 11:36 AM   #32
indio

Quote:
Originally posted by Behemoth
a partial sentence is still a sentence, its just partial.
since you still dont get it, let me educate you again, nv30 path is fastest, faster than arb2, r200, try understand it as much as you can.
when you have more question, come back with more educated attitude if you can. you are the one who dont understand the sentences here not me

Quote:
I guess if you just keep saying it enough it will be true
the word while is not comparative
You however are asserting the sentence is comparing Nv30 vs R300. Your dead wrong. One describes itself ,WHILE the other half decribes itself

while n.
conj.
As long as; during the time that: It was lovely while it lasted.
At the same time that; although: While the grandparents love the children, they are strict with them.
Whereas; and: The soles are leather, while the uppers are canvas

Quote:
A partial sentence is stiill a sentence, its just partial
That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.
if that's the case wanna do a business transaction? I have some partial dollars . Wanna trade them for dollars?
Keep digging the hole , it's fun watching you make a complete buffoon out of yourself.

Old 05-31-03, 11:37 AM   #33
DivotMaker

Default Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
The next person who starts playing anal-nazi-semantics-lawyer I am going to kick right in the nutsack!
Don't fall over, but I agree 100%....
Old 05-31-03, 11:41 AM   #34
indio

Default Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
It has nothing to do with semantics . Behemoth is reading what he wants to read. All it takes is an understanding what the word WHILE means . He thinks while means versus
Old 05-31-03, 11:48 AM   #35
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
It has nothing to do with semantics . Behemoth is reading what he wants to read. All it takes is an understanding what the word WHILE means . He thinks while means versus
I certainly don't mean to butt in, but I think the sentence is open to interpretation depending on your own personal perspective. All of this is a moot point today...when the game IS released and people ARE playing it, then I am sure the opinions and facts will be flying fast and furious and won't be merely speculative...
Old 05-31-03, 11:54 AM   #36
digitalwanderer

The Dig runs up and kicks indio in the nutsack hard!

"Let's all play nice and quit fighting until Doom3 actually comes out, shall we?", asks the Dig pleasantly to indio as he writhers around on the ground in agony trying to breath clutching his genitalia.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Closed Thread