Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-03, 11:55 AM   #37
cowboy be-bop

the 5800 ultra is the best card out right now. It owns all the ati cards. If i had the money i would buy two of those cards.
nvidia 4200
Old 05-31-03, 11:57 AM   #38
solofly

Default Re: Re: Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
I certainly don't mean to butt in, but I think the sentence is open to interpretation depending on your own personal perspective. All of this is a moot point today...when the game IS released and people ARE playing it, then I am sure the opinions and facts will be flying fast and furious and won't be merely speculative...
What do you expect.... Itís a weekend and no new rumors/news to discuss/bash... (lets beat on one another instead)
Old 05-31-03, 11:59 AM   #39
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by cowboy be-bop
the 5800 ultra is the best card out right now. It owns all the ati cards. If i had the money i would buy two of those cards.
Old 05-31-03, 12:01 PM   #40
solofly

Quote:
Originally posted by cowboy be-bop
This must be "I'm right now", eh? You got me before but you won't get me again...
Old 05-31-03, 12:01 PM   #41
indio

The point is this . NOWHERE does it say NV30 is the fastest Doom 3 path , period. Behemoth is misinterpreting the quote for his own Nvidiot purpose. We can take the sentence in the context of the paragraph . The next sentences are ---

The "gfxinfo" command will dump relevant information about the functioning renderer modes and optimizations. At some point, after we have documented all of the options and provided multiple datasets, Doom is going to be an excellent benchmarking tool, but for now you can still make some rough assessments with it

The email was directed to ppl. benchmarking Doom 3 not the general public. Why would he need to tell them NV30 is the fastest card when they are in the process of benchmarking with it??????????? The answer is they don't . He was telling benchmarkers what path are fastest on what card , the order paths are chosen , how to find out which path is running and that there will be more information on the subject in future releases.

It's so sad that ppl. even need to be told this.
Old 05-31-03, 12:06 PM   #42
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by indio
The point is this . NOWHERE does it say NV30 is the fastest Doom 3 path , period. Behemoth is misinterpreting the quote for his own Nvidiot purpose. We can take the sentence in the context of the paragraph . The next sentences are ---

The "gfxinfo" command will dump relevant information about the functioning renderer modes and optimizations. At some point, after we have documented all of the options and provided multiple datasets, Doom is going to be an excellent benchmarking tool, but for now you can still make some rough assessments with it

The email was directed to ppl. benchmarking Doom 3 not the general public. Why would he need to tell them NV30 is the fastest card when they are in the process of benchmarking with it??????????? The answer is they don't . He was telling benchmarkers what path are fastest on what card , the order paths are chosen , how to find out which path is running and that there will be more information on the subject in future releases.

It's so sad that ppl. even need to be told this.
the real problem is you still dont understand what that sentence means, that just makes you look like a... hmm , ok play nice
try harder indio!!!
Old 05-31-03, 12:09 PM   #43
indio

Default Re: Re: Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
I certainly don't mean to butt in, but I think the sentence is open to interpretation depending on your own personal perspective. All of this is a moot point today...when the game IS released and people ARE playing it, then I am sure the opinions and facts will be flying fast and furious and won't be merely speculative...

I wasn't aware that the word "while" had alternate meanings that were open to interpretation. Stop perpetuating the BS.
This is straight out of the Nvidia play book .
" ON THREE , MUDDY THE WATER , BACKSTAB RIGHT 12 , READDDDYYYY..... Break!
Old 05-31-03, 12:13 PM   #44
DivotMaker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
Stop perpetuating the BS.
Excuse me for attempting to be a voice of reason. You might want to take a look in the mirror if you want the BS to stop. The only two I see perpetuating this are you and Behemoth...

Old 05-31-03, 12:13 PM   #45
indio

Quote:
Originally posted by Behemoth
the real problem is you still dont understand what that sentence means, that just makes you look like a... hmm , ok play nice
try harder indio!!!

I have yet to see you mount a sensible argument other than the Oh so childish,
"I'm right your wrong" over and over and over.. not mention silly avatars.
Old 05-31-03, 12:18 PM   #46
cowboy be-bop

Quote:
This must be "I'm right now", eh? You got me before but you won't get me again...
who is "i'm right now"?

and what is so funny about likeing the 5800ultra? Its a great card and i wish i could get one. It just cost so much money
nvidia 4200
Old 05-31-03, 12:19 PM   #47
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok, that is ENOUGH!

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
Itís a weekend and no new rumors/news to discuss/bash... (lets beat on one another instead)
If you want something else to do, www.warp2search.net is back up as of about 20 minutes ago and has about 4-5 days of news that needs some good fighting over.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 05-31-03, 12:21 PM   #48
digitalwanderer

Quote:
not mention silly avatars.
Hey! What's wrong with me silly avatar?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Closed Thread