Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-09, 06:45 PM   #37
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Default Re: Activision announces Prototype game at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So what? If the story is over then the game should be over... just like in a movie. I don't play games just to play them. I prefer a strong story that gives me the satisfaction of a complete experiance. I thought Bioshock was amazing and well worth the money.
+1 exactly what i feel to. when its over its over and then one move over to the next game.
Cant understand ppl who like to play the same game over and over, okey their is some games that I have played through 2 times but I can count them one one hand

But I can see Buios point as say an clean acion shooter like Painkiller. such games can one easially play again e.x when you got new shiny hardware and like to max it all out but I rarely do that as theirs allways some new game to try out anyway. what do you say when I say I have never played HL2 more then one time. and some ppl have played it like 20 times that I think is crazy LOL.

You play one game then it's over to the next when your finish!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 06:46 PM   #38
Buio

I for one prefer games that offer something else than just being similar to a movie in terms of story and gaming time.

So its just a matter of opinion and in this case ours differ. Nothing to continue to clash over I guess, and I respect your points fully.

Edit: I can for example say that I love action rpg's like D2 and many many more, where you hack and slash your way through enemies and upgrade your character. Some call them brainless, but I find them relaxing and fun. =)
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 06:54 PM   #39
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
Edit: I can for example say that I love action rpg's like D2 and many many more, where you hack and slash your way through enemies and upgrade your character. Some call them brainless, but I find them relaxing and fun. =)
But Diablo 2 has a rich deep story. Its never mindless gameplay. Theirs always an end goal and when the game it ends. Yeah on bnet once you beat it you can run through the game again on the same difficulty without worry of teh story but thats to help the reply after you beat it... not the initial gameplay.
Old 04-04-09, 06:55 PM   #40
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
But Diablo 2 has a rich deep story.
Story? Oh you mean the text dialog parts I click through
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 06:57 PM   #41
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
Story? Oh you mean the text dialog parts I click through
lol

yes... the filler while you take your bathroom breaks.