Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-10-09, 06:26 PM   #1
Pixelsmack

Question Win7 64b installed all is well except RAID speed.

My INTEL motherboard based RAID is getting a Windows score of 2.9. Down from 6.5 under Vista.

Everything's fine, seems speedy just odd that the score got raped. Everything else under the Win7 score index is right where it should be. 6.5 to the max of 7.9.

I setup a 20GB partition and after install I have 5gb left. Only update needed after install was NVIDIA and LAN which Windows Update did itself.

I do like that network services start instantly and I go online as soon as I see my desktop. This unlike Vista where it can take 1 to 2 mins. I also like that it can playe DIVX, AVC and H.264 out of the box. And yes, they finally redid MSPAINT!

Coolermaster 690 case, i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, 2xEVGA GTX260-216 SC in SLI, EVGA X58 SLI, Tagan 700w PSU, 2TB RAID0 Seagate SATAIIs, Win7 Ult. 64bit.
Pixelsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:11 PM   #2
GravY

Default Re: Win7 64b installed all is well except RAID speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelsmack View Post
My INTEL motherboard based RAID is getting a Windows score of 2.9. Down from 6.5 under Vista.

Everything's fine, seems speedy just odd that the score got raped. Everything else under the Win7 score index is right where it should be. 6.5 to the max of 7.9.

I setup a 20GB partition and after install I have 5gb left. Only update needed after install was NVIDIA and LAN which Windows Update did itself.

I do like that network services start instantly and I go online as soon as I see my desktop. This unlike Vista where it can take 1 to 2 mins. I also like that it can playe DIVX, AVC and H.264 out of the box. And yes, they finally redid MSPAINT!
Its a bug, if you bench your drive you'll find that its running just fine.. just being read incorrectly by the index..
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:46 PM   #3
JasonPC

Default Re: Win7 64b installed all is well except RAID speed.

I think they are still working on the WEI test for harddrives.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote