Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-09, 08:44 PM   #1
hougstar
Woot

Send a message via Yahoo to hougstar
Default Tv out configuration doesn't exist?

-Edited-

OK, so I had to force the card to detect the TV upon start, that seemed to fix the problem on my test TV.

HOWEVER

I switch over back to my own tv (Philips 27" flat screen) and use the same component connections, and have the distortion problem. Everything looks fine starting up (POST, Windows loading screen), but the second it gets to the login screen the picture is heavily distorted. I ran Ubuntu with the same connection and TV, and it runs fine; so that tells me it has to be some setting in Windows I need to adjust. I have reduced the resolution to 1024x768 @ 60 Hz (TV specification) but I still get no real picture.

Any advice?

Last edited by hougstar; 01-07-09 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Eliminated Nvidia card, TV factors
hougstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 01:28 AM   #2
Bman212121

Default Re: Tv out configuration doesn't exist?

Not sure what driver you are using, but I would suggest getting the latest one if you don't have it. I used to have a problem on my sammy monitor with blurry textures. What fixed that was by creating a custom resolution.

Open up the Nvidia control panel. under Display, click on manage custom resolutions. On the right side you need to click create. For a component connection I would use 720p, or 1280 x 720. Click advanced, then change the timing standard from auto to "CVT reduced blank". This may or may not help. You could also try the Force HD resolutions, or create a custom resolution for 1366 x 768. It's a common resolution used for vga connections to a flat panel HDTV.

If that still doesn't work do you have any other methods to connect to the tv with? vga is basically the same as using component, both are analog RGB connections. If you have an HDMI port I would suggest trying a DVI to HDMI cable and connecting it that way.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote