- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Quadro FX 2700M
- GeForce 9400M G
- GeForce 9400M
- GeForce 9800 GT
- GeForce 8200M G
- GeForce Go 7700
- GeForce 9800M GTX
- GeForce 9800M GT
- GeForce 9800M GS
- GeForce 9500 GT
- GeForce 9700M GT
- GeForce 9650M GT
- GeForce 9500 GT
- Added initial support for PureVideo-like features via the new VDPAU API (see the vdpau.h header file installed with the driver).
- Added preliminary support for OpenGL 3.0.
- Added new OpenGL workstation performance optimizations.
- Enabled the glyph cache by default and extended its support to all supported GPUs.
- Disabled shared memory X pixmaps by default; see the "AllowSHMPixmaps" option.
- Improved X pixmap placement on GeForce 8 series and later GPUs.
- Improved stability on some GeForce 8 series and newer GPUs.
- Fixed a regression that could result in window decoration corruption when running Compiz using Geforce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed an nvidia-settings crash when xorg.conf contains Device and Screen sections but no ServerLayout section.
- Fixed a problem parsing the monitor sync range X config file options.
- Fixed a problem with the SDI sync skew controls in nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a problem that caused some SDI applications to hang or crash.
- Added support for SDI full-range color.
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 180.22
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-180.22.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-180.22.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the [b]180.22/b] NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678