Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-21-09, 08:37 AM   #445
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Default Re: Mirror's Edge out today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Not every game has mouse lag in v-synch you know.

Mirror's Edge does have terrible tearing though.
Yeah I know and agree the tearing is terrible in this game.

To bad I cant use V-Sync in FEAR2 as as got extremely good fps. but I noticed the frikking mouselag instant when I set it on
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 09:06 PM   #446
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

I bought this game last week and been playing it for the last few days. I think this game is absolutely incredible. The last time I enjoyed a game so much in terms of pacing, game world, music and graphics was Half-Life 2 and its expansions (Episode 1, Episode 2). This game is REALLY good in my opinion. I honestly cannot wait for the sequel.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-09, 11:21 PM   #447
Redeemed

Okay, couldn't find an "official Mirror's Edge" thread, so I figured I'd use this one.

I'm at the part where you have to get to the roof top where the helocopter is- and that one dude and the ex-wrestler are up there. You get to the top but the wrestler punches you just as you walk through the door lead to the helipad on the roof.

He then picks you up and throws you onto a lower roof. You're laying on your back, he jumps down and runs through some wooden wall shattering it. He has what looks like a pipe in his hand. Soon as he breaks through that wooden wall, you slowly stand up. As soon as you're standing he charges you. I can't run, I can't fight him- no matter what I do he gets to me and throws me off the roof where I fall to my death.

I'm at a loss- what do I do? There's an opening in a fence off to my left- but he's too fast. How can I run to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And aside from this setback, I'm really enjoying this game.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-09, 11:55 PM   #448
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Okay, couldn't find an "official Mirror's Edge" thread, so I figured I'd use this one.
this is the official thread, just sometimes people don't add "official" to the tittle

when in doubt check here
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96297
Old 12-05-09, 12:08 AM   #449
Albo

Quote:

I'm at the part where you have to get to the roof top where the helocopter is- and that one dude and the ex-wrestler are up there. You get to the top but the wrestler punches you just as you walk through the door lead to the helipad on the roof.

He then picks you up and throws you onto a lower roof. You're laying on your back, he jumps down and runs through some wooden wall shattering it. He has what looks like a pipe in his hand. Soon as he breaks through that wooden wall, you slowly stand up. As soon as you're standing he charges you. I can't run, I can't fight him- no matter what I do he gets to me and throws me off the roof where I fall to my death.

I'm at a loss- what do I do? There's an opening in a fence off to my left- but he's too fast. How can I run to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And aside from this setback, I'm really enjoying this game.

Gee thanks for not spoiling anything : )

Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 12:14 AM   #450
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:

You know when people are swinging guns and stuff around and they turn red?

Remember what you're supposed to do when they turn red

Timing is imperative. Once you get the timing down, you'll be fine

I actually had several moments where I was like well, wtf do I do now I would step away and come back to the game after a few minutes and it would be clear as day.

I actually FORGOT that you could pick up weapons that had been dropped and shoot enemies back Figured that out on the last levels
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 08:17 AM   #451
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Yeah, if you have runner vision off that is the one enemy weapon that does not glow red, so if you turned off runner vision that might be your problem... had that issue on my first playthrough. Just hit grab right as he raises the club and you'll be good.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 09:52 AM   #452
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yeah, if you have runner vision off that is the one enemy weapon that does not glow red, so if you turned off runner vision that might be your problem... had that issue on my first playthrough. Just hit grab right as he raises the club and you'll be good.
It doesn't glow red? My bad

Old 12-05-09, 12:11 PM   #453
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Only if you have runner vision off.
Old 12-05-09, 01:07 PM   #454
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
This game is REALLY good in my opinion. I honestly cannot wait for the sequel.
What sequel?
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 01:40 PM   #455
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
Only if you have runner vision off.
I'm slightly color blind so I don't see red's too good
Old 06-04-10, 10:23 PM   #456
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Well, I just beat this game. It only took me a few days, but overall I'm quite pleased with it.

The graphics are fantastic, and the game runs extremely smooth on my system. I ran it at 1920x1200 with all settings maxed, 4xAA (with 4x transparency super sampling) and ambient occlusion enabled. The only time the game ever slowed down below 60fps (that I noticed) was when there was a ton of smoke or fog. The lighting is very realistic, and the use of brightly contrasting colors made the game look very unique while still having a realistic feel. Even the shader effects are used tastefully and actually add to the immersion. Physx isn't anywhere near as noticeable as it was in Cryostasis, and I think most of the effects in the game could have been done without it. The game is just too fast paced to really appreciate realistic physics interactions over canned animations and non-interactive particles.

The sound effects are very good, though you'll mostly just be hearing your own feet most of the time. The voice acting is also good for the kind of game that it is.

The gameplay really surprised me. It stayed quite interesting from start to finish. I don't feel that I'm even remotely close to mastering the game because there are so many nuances in the acrobatics and combat that are difficult to master. I died SO much toward the end that I was getting quite frustrated. The scene where you have the enemy "runners" chasing you and tazing you is really really irritating because there isn't any time to stop and assess the situation.

Its also quite frustrating when you attempt to do something and she just fails to do it. Like, jumping and grabbing onto ledges. When you don't have time to 100% perfectly line things up (mostly later in the game) you'll find yourself redoing jumps several times because it needs to be done just right or she won't try to grab a ledge. Scaffolding also seemed to create some strange occurrences of accidental vaulting off of ledges and dying. Still, for such a complex system of animation and movement its extremely well executed and it works very well most of the time. Its actually quite fun and quite fluid as long as you get your timing down properly. Also, its worth noting that I totally did not realize that I could slow the game down in "bullet time" until the second to last level of the game, so that probably helps immensely with the areas that are extremely frantic and complicated.

The atmosphere of the game is also very cool. The ambiance and the openness of the levels gave me definite Half-Life 2 feel. The setting of the game could easily have been City 17 with Combine soldiers chasing you instead and it wouldn't have felt much different. The story was decent though not really all that interesting or original. It seemed like a Saturday morning cartoon plot. The predictable characters and animated cutscenes just added to that feeling. Still, it wasn't annoying or anything.

I haven't really messed with any of the other game modes or the time trial stuff. It seems like there's quite a bit to it, and I may get to it some time, but I have such a huge back log of games to play that I doubt I'll do it any time soon. I never did get around to doing the challenges in Portal or Zeno Clash...

Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone with decent reflexes and coordination who doesn't get motion sickness from video games. If you also like semi-realistic platforming games and always thought it'd be cool to play one in first person, this is about as good as I can imagine it getting for quite a while. Seriously, they did a great job at making a very complex style of game work well in first person, and they built a damned fine game around it.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote