Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-29-03, 07:03 PM   #1
Mortrek

Default Who really owns this site? hmmmmm

Everyone should keep in mind that the more popular a publically available service/establishment is, the more it is considered owned by the general population.

Its a sad fact of life in this country that you lose control of a creation on the eve of its greatness.

Just please don't act like gods. You may have admin status, but its not your site anymore. You have a responsibility to the public.

Thanks
Mortrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 07:18 PM   #2
deejaya
Monster 3d

WTF?

This is not our site, it belongs to whoever owns the box it is on, the guys who post news, and the ones who spend their free time managing the forums. We are merely guests, in their house.
deejaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 07:22 PM   #3
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Who really owns this site? hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Mortrek
Everyone should keep in mind that the more popular a publically available service/establishment is, the more it is considered owned by the general population.

Its a sad fact of life in this country that you lose control of a creation on the eve of its greatness.

Just please don't act like gods. You may have admin status, but its not your site anymore. You have a responsibility to the public.

Thanks
eh.. this is a privately owned website m8...

ergo... WE are lucky to be allowed to register and use this facility PROVIDED to us free of cost...

therefore... this whole public thing as long as we abide by the rules and don't question the powers that be (basically mike )... we are fine...

undoubtedly a system of checks and balances is there... and we can question certain actions by the non-admins... but to question the admin and tell him he has a responsibility to us when HE is paying the bills... I dunno bout that one...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 07:35 PM   #4
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
We are merely guests, in their house
Nail on the head

Until you start paying the bills for this site instead of Mike this is his house. I am proud to have the privildege of been here and so should you.

As for the acting like gods bit, what on earth?
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 07:37 PM   #5
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up ROFLMFAO~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally posted by Mortrek

Thanks
Don't feel bad about everyone who's going to start laughing at ya, but you got it coming. It's a common misconception that on forums you have "freedom of speech" or that "the people have the REAL power", but it just ain't so.

You're being here is a privelage, not a right; you're here by the mods sufferance, not because they HAVE to let you be here. This is a private forum and NOTHING pisses off mods/admins more than having someone come in and tell them otherwise.

You're wrong me friend, pure and simple...live and learn.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 07:40 PM   #6
poursoul
i eat people

damn it! cats outa the bag, where'd my powers go! no more lightning from the fingertips DAMN!!!
poursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 10:20 PM   #7
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Nail on the head

Until you start paying the bills for this site instead of Mike this is his house. I am proud to have the privildege of been here and so should you.

you didn't know you were a god...

geez vamps... where ya bin already
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-03, 10:48 PM   #8
intercede007
American

Send a message via ICQ to intercede007 Send a message via AIM to intercede007 Send a message via MSN to intercede007 Send a message via Yahoo to intercede007

Mike Chambers owns the site. Geez..that was easy.

Next question?
intercede007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-03, 12:25 AM   #9
ChrisW
"I was wrong", said Chris

I must agree with everyone else here. It's a private site and the owners can do whatever they want. Read the rules you agreed to when you signed up here. If you break the rules, you are outta here. As far as freedom of speech, you have as much as the owners allow you to have. If you don't like that you are free to create your own site where anything goes. You can't expect to go into someone else's house and start shouting whatever you want at the top of your lungs.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-03, 01:47 AM   #10
dohcmark8

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Nail on the head

Uh oh..... The Flibble Speaks! (Mark his words as-if they were said by the higher power up there).
dohcmark8 is offline   Reply With Quote