Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-09, 09:00 PM   #73
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Default Re: Dark Sector for pc out in Russia!!!

I love this game. TONS of fun!
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 09:13 PM   #74
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Okay, still loving the game. The bladed thing you get is awesome and gets new features as you go... I just got the ability to control it while it flies in first person, which is awesome.

Another cool feature, the guns in the game are like in Ridd-ick, where they are coded for the user and you can't use them, only in this game they last a while before exploding, so you can use them for short periods before losing them. Eventually you find free versions of each weapon so you can use them when you want. It makes you strategize on when to shoot and when to run, and it works well.

The game is mostly fast-paced action against humans, but these are NOT the only enemies. I don't want to spoil, but lets just say the thing that gives you your bladed hand effects other things as well... and they get big. Also, there's a creepy part in a sewer with zombie-like humans... it's all very fun and varied.

Graphics wise: good news and bad. Good news is you can force AF through nHancer and it makes the textures pop and look very nice. Bad news is I can't get AA to work. I'll google it tomorrow and see if someone else found a way, but for now be aware AA might not work.

More screens (all settings on, 1920x1200, 16xAF forced):

I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 10:44 PM   #75
JohnDio

This game just HATES my PC. I get BSOD regardless of any MultiGPU config (tried Single Card and both AFR1-2 and still, nothing).

The BSOD occures when you first meet the enemies in the Prologue. The sounds gets beeeeep beeeeep but you can still play... for a while. Then here comes BSOD.

As i'm sure there won't be ANY patch at all to fix this issue (and i think i'm in the minority of people having trouble with this game as we all know it's been out for a while in Russia), i think i'll pass on this one.

Really lame though as all my games work fine... and wanted to play it
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 11:13 PM   #76
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
This game just HATES my PC. I get BSOD regardless of any MultiGPU config (tried Single Card and both AFR1-2 and still, nothing).

The BSOD occures when you first meet the enemies in the Prologue. The sounds gets beeeeep beeeeep but you can still play... for a while. Then here comes BSOD.

As i'm sure there won't be ANY patch at all to fix this issue (and i think i'm in the minority of people having trouble with this game as we all know it's been out for a while in Russia), i think i'll pass on this one.

Really lame though as all my games work fine... and wanted to play it
So you pirated the game?
Old 03-25-09, 11:31 PM   #77
JohnDio

Maybe i did, maybe i didn't. Maybe i passed our Review code to another Reviewer of our site. Perhaps i bought it from Steam.

So many possibilities, which one is right though? Pick what suits you
Old 03-25-09, 11:57 PM   #78
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Runs fine here, seems to be a good game. I'm enjoying it so far, runs well, story is interesting, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 12:38 AM   #79
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Keep the piracy talk to a minimum guys.

Thanks.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 12:57 AM   #80
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Maybe i did, maybe i didn't. Maybe i passed our Review code to another Reviewer of our site. Perhaps i bought it from Steam.

So many possibilities, which one is right though? Pick what suits you
Really not that hard to guess since many people are having that exact problem....

The REAL game runs great.

Old 03-26-09, 01:10 AM   #81
ST:DS9

lol, sorry I just got to say this about Starforce. There has been no shred of evidence that Starforce have destroyed optical drives. That was nothing more then a rumor started by pirates who couldn't crack it, so they started this viral rumor to destroy the reputation of Starforce. If the rumor was true, why has there been no class action lawsuit against Starforce for destroying optical drives? Hell I know 3 people myself who would lie about Starforce destroying their optical drive, only because they could not crack it on or before zero day.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 07:31 AM   #82
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST:DS9 View Post
lol, sorry I just got to say this about Starforce. There has been no shred of evidence that Starforce have destroyed optical drives. That was nothing more then a rumor started by pirates who couldn't crack it, so they started this viral rumor to destroy the reputation of Starforce. If the rumor was true, why has there been no class action lawsuit against Starforce for destroying optical drives? Hell I know 3 people myself who would lie about Starforce destroying their optical drive, only because they could not crack it on or before zero day.
The problem was software alone. Some people had problems with their drives not working. I've had issues with Starfarce but a quick reformat fixes that. Alot of people arent smart enough or just too lazy to reformat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 07:38 AM   #83
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AK]Zip View Post
Really not that hard to guess since many people are having that exact problem....

The REAL game runs great.
If only i could manipulate my girlfriend as well as i did with you . Bottom line is, if you don't know don't try assuming.

PS: And here is a FYI. If you are in Europe you will shortly realize that the retail, like HAWX, doesn't use any protection.
Old 03-26-09, 08:26 AM   #84
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

runs great here, but widescreen is fuxored. everything is stretched vertically