|01-21-09, 10:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Leadtek 9600GT DH2G digital
Seeing as I have written in before and am not getting any concrete answers about xrandr 1.3 replacing xinerama and/or if nvidia will even support it - seeing we don't have xrandr1.2 support.
I currently have 3 monitors with native resolutions of 1920x1200. This is working with 2 nvidia 9600gt PCI Express cards. first two monitors plugged into first card, and third plugged into second card.
2D performance in Xinerama is terrible and screen tearing is imminent. Compiz is also a long shot. If I buy the DH2G and only use one video card, here are my questions?
1. Will the 9600GT be able to power 3 1920x1200 screens?
2. Since X11 will only see two monitors, one at 1920x1200 and the other at 3840x1200, will my larger "display" maximize windows across two screens, I am hoping for xinerama like behavior with smart window placement etc.
3. Will I be able to use compiz/kde4 composite?
4. Will 2d/3d performance be acceptable?
5. The datasheet for dh2g digital says input is analogue, and output digital. Seeing as my card has dvi outputs, will i lose digital quality?
Any help is appreciated. I could use this in the meantime until this whole battle is over with.
Also, I tried setting up screens 1 and 2 as twinview, then xinerama to bind all three together and performance increased on the first two, but i got the giant window problem like question #2 above. Any ideas?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Future U: Rise of the digital humanities||News||Archived News Items||0||06-17-12 09:40 PM|
|How Starbucks is turning itself into a tech company||News||Archived News Items||0||06-12-12 08:30 AM|
|Survey: Help Map the Future of Digital Infrastructure in the UK||News||Archived News Items||0||05-31-12 08:30 AM|
|Leadtek Nforce problems||druga runda||CPUs, Motherboards And Memory||4||09-18-02 09:26 AM|
|Quick question about Digital din with the Audigy||Tactics||General Hardware||4||08-12-02 01:16 AM|