Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-25-09, 11:09 AM   #1
magicmyth

Default Geforce IGP 8300 hangs when re-sizing windows in composite mode

At the recommendation of another poster I have started a new thread on my issue as the 180.* graphical corruption and freezes system thread has gotten a bit long and my issues is more specific since it only occurs in KDE4 when desktop effects are enabled and I try to re-size a window. Just about everything else is fine. And this issue is not the same as this post, since that turned out to be an issue of mixed driver versions.

Please see my original post for the Nvidia Bug Log, and further details on the issue: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=210

Please don't reply to this post based on my Video hue issue mentioned in that post. Lets keep this one specific to this bug. That one can go in another thread.

I've been through the Stability sticky and none of the suggestions have resolved the issue. What I have found on further investigation is if I turned down the effects the hang takes a little longer to occur. I can drag re-size the window for a bit longer than if I have more effects turned on (i.e. shadows, opacity).

If you have similar window re-size with composite on issues post here but this is not a general 2D performance issue that others have had with kde4. I get no scrolling or other 2D related issues.
magicmyth is offline   Reply With Quote