Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-09, 03:33 PM   #1
doeke

Default dx10 fsx flickering

I am newat this side and I would like to know if there are some
solutions yet for the flickering lights as soon as the dx10 preview mode is clicked.
I have heard about riva tuner and z buffering but i dont know what
I can do after downloading.
which part or section I have to fill.
Also I dont know if that is a solution.
Is there anyone who could inform me a little more.
thanks

doeke
doeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 04:21 PM   #2
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: dx10 fsx flickering

Its a bug in the DX10 Preview code.....basically Aces only made an half arsed attempt at DX10 in FSX and then relabeled it as "Preview" shortly before release telling ppl it was a glimps of what would come with FSXI....see other news for why that wont be happening.....

DX10 FSX has a whole host of problems and as far as i know the only one of them to be so far fixed is the DX10 rain void which was found(by myself and the TP dev) tobe an incomplete shader file (told you it was half arsed) FSX sp1-sp2 lead dev phil talyor says most of the bugs are Nv & ATI driver problems but as they havent been fixed by either company in over a year so i dout that very very much

BTW Welcome to the forums and be sure to drop by the Massive sicky'ed FSX thread at the top of the page

Laters
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 02:36 AM   #3
doeke

is there anything to do, like riva tuner to improve it?
has someone of ms mentioned a fix in the near future/
doeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 06:15 AM   #4
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeke View Post
is there anything to do, like riva tuner to improve it?
has someone of ms mentioned a fix in the near future/
Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
FSX sp1-sp2 lead dev phil talyor says most of the bugs are Nv & ATI driver problems but as they havent been fixed by either company in over a year so i dout that very very much
And considering that MS has laid off most of that game's dev team, the chances of a fix just went from "slim" to "none."
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 08:02 AM   #5
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Basically Aces Abandonned FSX after the release of its Sp2,dispite the vocal and heated exchanges between community an dev's we were pretty much told.....like it or lump it thats your lot,we've moved on and the code is frozen....

I got band from a few FSX boards for having a go with them about the sorry state of DX10 and about how we were lied to ect ect ect PT just palmed that off to the M$ marketing team blaming them for getting ppl hopes up

You could try baggering NV about it but i dont think they'll do much as many ppl have *****ed to them of there forums about FSX support and time and again they do sweet FA....ATI are the same its like they dont care about simmers at all....maybe now FSX is starting to popup in a few benchmarks & i7 tests we might see some support & if FSXI ever gets made i just hope it has a benchmark as that seems the only way to get any driver support from NV or ATI these days....

Im running an 4870 so i cant help you test out any tweaks but drop by the FSX thread at the top of the page there and ask the other guys there they might beable to help track down a fix for you

laters
Gizmo
Old 01-29-09, 09:21 AM   #6
Bearclaw

Chances of the remaining people on the team doing anything are slim to none and slim just left town.
Old 01-29-09, 09:59 AM   #7
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Well we can only hope for a Source leak

With the way M$ have treated the team(just get your coats and **** off) it would be the first thing id see to as a disgruntled employee
Old 01-29-09, 10:25 AM   #8
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
With the way M$ have treated the team(just get your coats and **** off) it would be the first thing id see to as a disgruntled employee
MS would have the resources to hunt you down and sue to oblivion. Not to mention that you'd be guaranteed never to get another job in the industry for the rest of your life. Yeah, that's a well thought plan you've got there.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote