Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-09, 03:25 AM   #37
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Default Re: Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage is out now!

I can't even play the new content, the radio signal doesn't show up GFW Live says it's installed, Fallout 3 lists Op Anchorage in my downloads section. But I can't access it. Even with a new character

Somebody has the same problem and postulated that it was C drive only, if you had your fallout 3 install elsewhere it would simply not work. He said he moved it to C and it worked. I'm not moving my fallout 3 to C. Surely MS aren't this stupid.
Old 01-29-09, 03:39 AM   #38
Arachnid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I can't even play the new content, the radio signal doesn't show up GFW Live says it's installed, Fallout 3 lists Op Anchorage in my downloads section. But I can't access it. Even with a new character

Somebody has the same problem and postulated that it was C drive only, if you had your fallout 3 install elsewhere it would simply not work. He said he moved it to C and it worked. I'm not moving my fallout 3 to C. Surely MS aren't this stupid.
I had the same problem, played around for 45 minutes for the signal to show up, no result. So I just copied the three downloaded files to the Fallout 3 Data folder and upon starting the game, checked the Anchorage.esm file upon launch and played the game, got the signal in 2 minutes.

Arachnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 05:06 AM   #39
Blizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Then check the anchorage.esm file when you load FO3.
Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by "checking" the files. I have move the files for offline play. Do I need to play the game under LIVE (even though it's really off line)? My character is hostil to the outcasts, will that have an effect?

Also the download option at the main menu grayed out.

I'm playing the game on a PC running Vista 64

Thanks
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 05:44 AM   #40
Arachnid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by "checking" the files.
Thanks
When you start the game, the launcher shows up with various options, one of them is the Data files option, click on it and you will notice that the fallout3.esm file is ticked/checked, also if you have moved the three required files like I mentioned earlier you will see another entry for Anchorage.esm, click on the box to its left which will put a tick/check mark in the box meaning that its activated, play the game and the DLC should work.

Arachnid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 08:58 AM   #41
Blizzard

Thaank you so much. I never start the game via the launcher so I never saw that screen save the first time I loaded the game.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 01:17 PM   #42
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

You can also use the Fallout Mod Manager. Same guy who makes the Oblivion Mod Manager. Must have if you start getting a collection like me. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 04:13 AM   #43
weevil

Classy how-to posts Arachnid thanks! It really helps to see those images, much appreciated

...most items you can get outside the sim. Telling you how is kind of a spoiler, but you can probably imagine how if you think about it.

Hmm either there's a replicator or there is no outside world. Very Philip K. ****. Sorry Phil you've been censored but people will know it's you
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 04:21 AM   #44
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Thanks Arachnid. I tried copying the files into the data directory but forgot that you need to check them lol

I was running a link that directly launched Fallout 3 without needed the DVD, pop the dvd in a loaded anchorage once moved and finally I can access the new content :P

GFWLiveFail++;

Old 01-30-09, 04:40 AM   #45
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

There is also a mod to remove Live. I haven't tried it yet as I don't want to compromise what is currently a stable game.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote