Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-06-09, 06:54 PM   #61
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
menus are not perfect for the controller, because when you use controller all buttons change to correspond to the controller, ABXY (colors), but the F1 and F2 doesn't change.
I noticed that, but it's a graphics oversight, nothing more. The "LB" and "RB" buttons still swap the menu screens.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 02:23 AM   #62
Phyxion

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Those are Stunt cars if I remember correctly. I mostly do races anyway, so fast cars are pretty useful
So am I, this game is totally awesome
Old 02-07-09, 07:08 AM   #63
Focca

Oh my god how well optimized is this game?!!!!
I thought id be Really missing out selling my big rig (8800gtx) and settling for my vaio with overclocked 8600m gs, but this game runs like butter on max settings 1280x800 with no aa and 8x af. Real pleased that my 2 fav games (l4d and burnout) run dam good!!
8600m GS oced to 690/790
4gb Ram
Bluray Drive
250gb Hard Dirve
Windows 7
181.20 Drivers
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.
Focca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 07:20 AM   #64
adamove

this game is ****, other things i fing thats suck, you can create a new game while in game and without Internet access (that really amazing achievement, i newer see things like this before), if you dont have xbox controller this game is broken , because to drift properly you need a analog triger for both gas and brake on separates axis ))
also there the **** is speedmeter?

but its for free, that's only good news
adamove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 10:02 AM   #65
fiskadoro

I think this game is a blast. I'm not sure if it's as good as Takedown on the PS2, but the free-roaming world and graphical update is welcomed, and the road rage events are still a lot of fun. The menus can be kind of clunky, but as previously mentioned, I've really had no issues with them when using the Xbox360 controller, they just probably suck with other controllers or the keyboard. I also liked the way I got to play a decent amount with the trial/demo before buying it outright.

You get a real sense of speed sometimes. The stunt events can be a blast too -- I think I kept one 'combo' event going for about 5 minutes, and it was a total adrenaline rush from start to finish, because one slip and your combo is over! Online seems fun too -- you can drive around freely and try and break records, or just go smashing up your buddies online, then usually the person who's running the server can start races and all these other cool jump events.

The bikes kinda bugged me playing offline, but going online and just racing like crazy trying to beat the road race times or getting absurd air with jumps is great fun, and again, I kind of like the 'free roaming' aspect where you can get as involved as much or as little as you like: bikes for just cruising around, cars for races and other events.

Big thumbs up for me, but I think you really have to like the arcade/crazy nature of it -- certainly not one for sim fans!
fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 01:08 PM   #66
steved_np3

surely someone has played with the dual screen settings and got it working in vista - can someone let me know how to do it please ????
steved_np3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 01:28 PM   #67
abcgamer

Angry Re: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Official Thread

What is the game requirements ???

Can it run on, say 800*600 with medium, high settings @2xaa, 16xaf on Intel C2D E6750 + 7600GT + 1gb DDR2
abcgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 01:51 PM   #68
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcgamer View Post

Can it run on, say 800*600 with medium, high settings @2xaa, 16xaf on Intel C2D E6750 + 7600GT + 1gb DDR2
Probably, try the trial download.

Old 02-07-09, 02:00 PM   #69
abcgamer

Wink Re: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Probably, try the trial download.
ah ok I was thinking the same thing. Some of my friends have similar PC so I thought I can suggest this game instead of nfs. Probably will get the PS3 version for myself
abcgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 02:47 PM   #70
|MaguS|

Quote:
ah ok I was thinking the same thing. Some of my friends have similar PC so I thought I can suggest this game instead of nfs. Probably will get the PS3 version for myself
If you have a PS3 and your PC is not up to date then just get it for the PS3, They have it for $20 on the PSN or you can get the Ultimate Box for $40.
Old 02-07-09, 02:53 PM   #71
Focca

Quote:

All of your pc would piss it, its pretty similar to my laptop and i can run 1280x800 max detail with no aa and 4x af so 800x600 will be a breeze for you! the only problem u might have is the amount of ram you have, you probably need 2 gig of ram.
8600m GS oced to 690/790
4gb Ram
Bluray Drive
250gb Hard Dirve
Windows 7
181.20 Drivers
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.
Focca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 03:39 PM   #72
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
If you have a PS3 and your PC is not up to date then just get it for the PS3, They have it for $20 on the PSN or you can get the Ultimate Box for $40.
Afraid this is not possible as a P4 2Ghz with GF4200 provides a better gameplay experience.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote