Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-11-09, 10:06 AM   #49
|MaguS|

Default Re: BF:BC2 and BF1943 officially announced both on PC

The top one for PC Sales... and none for console sales since I bet it will sell well on the consoles (BF:BC did).
Old 02-11-09, 10:20 AM   #50
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
The top one for PC Sales... and none for console sales since I bet it will sell well on the consoles (BF:BC did).
Piracy with online game
Old 02-11-09, 10:22 AM   #51
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Piracy with online game

But I bet they will say so. For me reasons are obvious. This BF's are dumb down way too consolish for PC gamers that were playing BF for 64 players not some 3 map, 3 class, 24 players shi*

Who the fu** needs plane icon over the plane?... he and zer0?

Old 02-11-09, 10:32 AM   #52
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Piracy with online game

But I bet they will say so. For me reasons are obvious. This BF's are dumb down way too consolish for PC gamers that were playing BF for 64 players not some 3 map, 3 class, 24 players shi*
OMG get over this whole dumb down crap. It's not dumbed down. They went with a smaller player limit because they want more action and destructible enviroments. Honestly, I hated the BF series when it was on PC because it was nothing more then a sniper and vehicle exploit fest.

PC Gamers like yourself are so hard headed that you don't take a game for what it is. BF1943 is not a full game, its a recreation of the original and will probably be download only even for PC (since its an XBLive and PSN Game).
Old 02-11-09, 10:38 AM   #53
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
OMG get over this whole dumb down crap. It's not dumbed down. They went with a smaller player limit because they want more action and destructible enviroments. Honestly, I hated the BF series when it was on PC because it was nothing more then a sniper and vehicle exploit fest.

PC Gamers like yourself are so hard headed that you don't take a game for what it is. BF1943 is not a full game, its a recreation of the original and will probably be download only even for PC (since its an XBLive and PSN Game).
Haha you really belive this shi*? This game is 24 only because it is hard to make 32 players game on console that is not lagging. Network code on console is really bad that's why theres no MMO's. 24 players on big maps this is lame. It is dumbed down Magnus it is. Youre console fanboy maybe you want to see but look:

plane starts very fast and is faster than in old BF's
there are icons everywhere
almost no recoil
you run very fast
when you see other plane there is huge crosshair at him
everyunit can destroy the tank
and so on so on
unlimited ammo

IT IS DUMBED DOWN!
Old 02-11-09, 11:23 AM   #54
|MaguS|

Quote:
Haha you really belive this shi*? This game is 24 only because it is hard to make 32 players game on console that is not lagging. Network code on console is really bad that's why theres no MMO's. 24 players on big maps this is lame. It is dumbed down Magnus it is. Youre console fanboy maybe you want to see but look:
Yes... no game on console supports 32+ players... lets ignore Resistence 1/2 (not including Warhawk and many other titles). Do you even know what Netwrork code is? Code is software, its up to the developer to make Network Code for there game... not the console. The Consoles have the same bandwidth capability as a PC. The PS3's ethernet connection is not any slower then your PCs.

No MMOs? Final Fantasy XI has been released on the PS2 and the X360. There even was an Everquest for the PS2 which had for its time over 100K subscribers and less loading then the PC version (it used streaming world rather then loading zones).

You ever think that they wanted to make it acrade action? That its not made to replace the main BF series but be a side game for people who want to sit down and get instant gratification? Again, its a downloadable title... it's not a main staple game.
Old 02-11-09, 11:46 AM   #55
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

It's "dumbed down" to sell more copies, not because of its platform.

There are examples of "consolizing" like forced 16:9 resolutions, or limited hotkeys, but the general "simplifying" of games is due to wanting to sell more copies, on all platforms. Gaming is not a niche hobby for enthusiasts anymore, plain and simple. There are indie studios releasing hardcore games, like Hinterland, for you to play... mainstream games are not going to be super hardcore anymore.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 11:46 AM   #56
rudedog
Not so Rude

Quote:
Yes... no game on console supports 32+ players... lets ignore Resistence 1/2 (not including Warhawk and many other titles). Do you even know what Netwrork code is? Code is software, its up to the developer to make Network Code for there game... not the console. The Consoles have the same bandwidth capability as a PC. The PS3's ethernet connection is not any slower then your PCs.
I guess we need to get into console MP gaming 101......

consoles use their master server as a matchmaking service only. Sony and MS don't host games you do. You start a game and it's hosted on your console in your home on your cable, DSL, ISND, xSL connection. Then a message is sent to the master server telling people you are ready for them to connect to you.

Lets say 10 people connect and are playing on your console in your home. You decide to leave the game for what ever reason. Better console games will hand off the server to another host best suited for hosting. Some games simply drop everyone and the clients need to find another host willing to stick around.

We call this a listening server. Your playing on your console at the same time as acting like a server using your upload bandwidth as the limiting factor. PC games are able to do this as well.

Your upload connection is what limits how many can play in game at any given time. This is what limits consoles not the developer willing to code software. However some will say console net code is the worst.

There is also network saturation based on the processor tied to the Network interface card and in some cases I would assume a console just cant handle traffic and graphics let alone physics and such.

Now a PC game can be run via a dedicated server located in a datacenter. This datacenter has a very large upload pipe which allows games to run with 64+ players. I say 64+ because many dedicated servers run more then one game on the box thus it could be 256+ players depending on the upload connection.

So while a PC and console may have the same connection (I've never seen a 10/100/1000 nic on a console but I could be wrong) it has nothing to do with the NIC and everything to do with the upload connection of the server be it console or PC.

MOH:Airborne was released with a 24player cap listening server on the PC because they where too lazy to code a proper dedicated server for the PC crowd. The wanted a quick and cheap way out to try and scam the PC customer into thinking they made an effort.

When people say dumb down, I think they mean the developer was too damn lazy or take the time to make a proper game.

Dear developer, if you can't take the time to release a proper PC game, DON'T. Move along and stick with consoles only. I know I'd be a lot happier, as would most of your customers.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-09, 11:48 AM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Dear developer, if you can't take the time to release a proper PC game, DON'T. Move along and stick with consoles only. I know I'd be a lot happier, as would most of your customers.
Even when a game is hampered by "consilizing" it's still usually better on PC, and PC-only players might want to play it and have no other way to do so. Let's stop with the "don't even release it" talk, as that's happening way too much already.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 11:50 AM   #58
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

PS3 ok quite good but on Xbox 360 theres one big fu** lag

Magnus omg few MMO's... lot's of devs talk about their problems with network on consoles but yeah Magnus knows better.
Old 02-11-09, 01:17 PM   #59
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
PS3 ok quite good but on Xbox 360 theres one big fu** lag

Magnus omg few MMO's... lot's of devs talk about their problems with network on consoles but yeah Magnus knows better.
I think someone has a crush on |MagNuS|.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 01:41 PM   #60
rudedog
Not so Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Even when a game is hampered by "consilizing" it's still usually better on PC, and PC-only players might want to play it and have no other way to do so. Let's stop with the "don't even release it" talk, as that's happening way too much already.
Maybe I should have said it like this.

Dear developer, if your going to play the "sorry but our focus is on consoles because that is where we make all our $$ from, thus why the 360 gets all these patches and you have to wait 3+ months for simple fixes" then stop developing on the PC.

As a PC customer, I could care less about consoles and a console customer should care less about the PC customer. If a dev/pub can't offer each customer 100% then stop. The only reason they do it is because they can quickly port it to the X platform to make a quick buck.

I run a site devoted towards PC gaming and I would much rather them stop completely then give us a half a$$ed attempt at a PC port; then tell us we have to wait for fixes because they are hard at work for someone else.

They are in it for the $$ and as a customer I'm in it to save $$ thus why would I want to buy something from someone that does not care about me or my $$?

MS/Intel/AMD/ATI/Nvidia better be careful. If anyone stops dev/pub PC games then PC gamers are going to stop upgrading and buying the latest hardware..... I'm already almost 95% mac now that PC gaming sucks, thank you MS!
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote