Old 02-11-09, 01:49 PM   #61
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: BF:BC2 and BF1943 officially announced both on PC

Everyone can see that 1943 is more casual only Magnus can't see that
Old 02-11-09, 01:58 PM   #62
mojoman0

Let's not forget 1943 is just a stepping stone for Bad Company 2 which will be release on PC in early 2010!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 03:09 PM   #63
Technoholic

Send a message via MSN to Technoholic

I'm not excited for BF1943. Looks almost exactly the same, but updated graphic.
-- EVGA 280GTX | SAMSUNG 225BW | X-FI XTREMEGAMER FPS | Z-5300e | Z-2300 | 250GB SEAGATE | RAZER LACHESIS
-- 320GB WESTERNDIGITAL | TAGAN 700W | G15 rev. 2 | NINE HUNDRED | VISTA HOME PREMIUM
-- no longer own this system

[MY LAPTOP]
-- MAC BOOK PRO 13" | DUAL BOOT WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | 2.3GHz i5 | 4GB DDR3 |
-- OSX LION | 320GB HDD
-- Stolen :^(

[STUFF]
-- PSN: lqfocus06
-- AEKDB
Technoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 01:00 AM   #64
mojoman0

here is the link to the rest of the article I posted part of earlier. It talks a little more in depth of who the game is focusing on and how pc players should perceive it.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/battlef...view-1499.html

Quote:
Battlefield fans take note. 1943 deserves your attention. Yes it's a download only game that'll be cheap as chips, but that doesn't mean it won't be any good. Still sceptical? Allow DICE's Patrick Liu, lead producer on the follow-up to Battlefield 1942, to change your mind. Here he discusses everything from the franchise's potential to rival Halo and CoD, to the problem with developing shooters on the Wii................
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 01:13 AM   #65
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
I guess we need to get into console MP gaming 101......

consoles use their master server as a matchmaking service only. Sony and MS don't host games you do. You start a game and it's hosted on your console in your home on your cable, DSL, ISND, xSL connection. Then a message is sent to the master server telling people you are ready for them to connect to you.
You should go back to school before trying to teach someone. Sony has been using dedicated servers for many of their titles which is why "lag" is usually not a problem on my of their MP titles. 3rd Party publishers also use such a system for many of their games, like the COD Series. MS on the other hand uses the matchmaking system you describe...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/...rhawk-servers/
Old 02-12-09, 01:14 AM   #66
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Everyone can see that 1943 is more casual only Magnus can't see that
Never said it wasn't, What I did say was that it wasn't dumbed down do to consoles. They are making the gameplay simpilar and quicker to attract a larger audience.
Old 02-12-09, 04:41 AM   #67
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Never said it wasn't, What I did say was that it wasn't dumbed down do to consoles. They are making the gameplay simpilar and quicker to attract a larger audience.
PC audience I mean that biggest one taht sticked to BF2 don't like this whole dumbdown even in interview dev said they want to make this cool for console gamers
Old 04-23-09, 01:14 PM   #68
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Be optimistic, maybe that extra time will be used to make it more PC-focused.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-09, 04:28 PM   #69
Logical

BF1943 is just a taste of what EA/DICE are to give us for the PC...tip of the iceberg so to speak.

BFBC2 will be awesome but the 'secret' BF game that is currently in development for PC only, 'rumoured of course', is the one i am looking forward to the most.

BF3 anyone ?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-09, 06:09 PM   #70
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Be optimistic, maybe that extra time will be used to make it more PC-focused.
or maybe more than 3 damn maps. that would be good. i'd pay a few extra bucks for more maps ... 3 will get boring REAL quick.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-09, 06:52 PM   #71
sl0ppy_sec0nds
Cloaked engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
BF1943 is just a taste of what EA/DICE are to give us for the PC...tip of the iceberg so to speak.

BFBC2 will be awesome but the 'secret' BF game that is currently in development for PC only, 'rumoured of course', is the one i am looking forward to the most.

BF3 anyone ?
Right you are. Check out this video and DICE's response about Battlefield 3.

Go to 2:35
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/1058/...Bad+Company+2/

And from EA forums regarding the delay:

Quote:
Dear PC Gamer(s),

I know you might feel disappointed about the PC release being in September rather than June, but you should be very happy to know this is to give us the proper development time to create a proper PC version of Battlefield 1943 and not a console port. To the contrary of some less informed fans out there this is in no means an intentional ploy to punish our PC fans. And is in fact quite the opposite, we want to make the best damn PC version we can for our PC fans!

Not to bore your eyes out with endless text about the how's and do's I will say to make this a proper PC version we need a completed core game to develop over and remember we already released Battlefield Bad Company with the Frostbite Engine on the consoles, so this will be first PC game ever released using Frostbite! PCs are an open platform requiring additional features, support, technical consideration, and can't just be thrown out there using copy/paste. We have thought very carefully about this decision and in the long run felt it was the right choice even though we knew we'd catch some flak for it, but we feel once you play the first Frostbite PC game ever from DICE you'll see why we put this extra time and care in on the development making all right again in the universe. I hope this helps clear things up better and answers your concern(s).

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/227219.page

Intel Core i7 940 @3.6GHz OC|ASUS Rampage II Extreme|CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB|2x WD Caviar SE16 RAID0|GeForce GTX 480|
sl0ppy_sec0nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-09, 09:02 PM   #72
Logical

Hehe.........EA/DICE know that battlefield has a massive following on PC, they aren't stupid enough to let us down. I think once we see the release of BFBC2 we will get an official announcement for BF3...

Also i would indeed wait for 3 months extra for a polished version of BF1943, with real widescreen support and better use of the PC's capabilities, rather than some rushed console port.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote