Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-03, 02:54 PM   #37
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
You might try minding your own business and stop attacking anyone here who has ANY interest in nVidia products. That is what they have moderators for and last time I looked you are not one of them. This is called nV News, not ATI News last time I checked.
Uhm, I'm TALKING about nVidia here! You are the one who keeps bringing ATi into it.

Please try and keep it straight, I know it's hard for you and all.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-02-03, 02:54 PM   #38
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by pgn.inertia
Quack quack
How long ago was that now? And was it before or after Dave Orton & Terry Makedon?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-02-03, 02:58 PM   #39
pgn.inertia
NV_point_sprite

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
How long ago was that now? And was it before or after Dave Orton & Terry Makedon?
Does that AT ALL matter?

With 3DMark03 330 you should've forget about the whole cheating issue as well then...

Face it, it's not all smiles and roses, all people lie and cheat...

Well, I don't want to fight or offend anyone so this is my last post in this thread (unless something very strange happens)...

Flame on!

- Ter leering ende vermaek -
Old 06-02-03, 02:59 PM   #40
DivotMaker

Quote:
Uhm, I'm TALKING about nVidia here! You are the one who keeps bringing ATi into it.

Please try and keep it straight, I know it's hard for you and all.
What part of stop attacking anyone here who has ANY interest in nVidia products do you not understand?

I have it very straight but at least I don't resort to personal attacks to get my point across.
Old 06-02-03, 03:02 PM   #41
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by pgn.inertia
Does that AT ALL matter?
Yes, I really think it does.

When they came in ATi did a "housecleaning" and totally re-changed the way they did things, and their successes now are a result of that and why they're continuing and expanding on those qualities. nVidia just seems locked in a tail-spin the other way.

Quote:
What part of stop attacking anyone here who has ANY interest in nVidia products do you not understand?

I have it very straight but at least I don't resort to personal attacks to get my point across.
You have it straight, but wrong. I'll agree to disagree as long as you stop refuting everything I post.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-02-03, 03:11 PM   #42
reever2

The spec chart for the 5800 and ultra is all messed up, a bunch of the fields should be switched aorund
Old 06-02-03, 03:23 PM   #43
schuey74
GTX 280 (675/1458/2500)

Quote:
Two things:

1. Which drivers did you use? Supposedly the last 3-4 sets have had those cheats in 'em.

2. Did any of those games you used happen to be timedemos? If so, the clipping game cheat is just as effective on them unless you made custom demos. (Sorry, the grey on black is just too hard for me eyes to read on your review. )
Unless there is something you know which no one else knows, # 2 is pure speculation and leaning heavily towards being a fanATIc. Nvidia's been bad lately but just don't assume it's a complete conspiracy and all the benches are being cheated on.
Old 06-02-03, 03:37 PM   #44
DivotMaker

Quote:
You have it straight, but wrong. I'll agree to disagree as long as you stop refuting everything I post.
I am only challenging your self-promotional "right" to attack any and everyone who posts anything positive or even neutral opinions about nVidia. I am quite positive that most people who post here have no interest in your vendetta against nVidia. So why not save your vitriol for other forums who would be receptive to such comments? This combativeness and general hostility is really not necessary here.

I think pgn.inertia said it best...

Quote:
Please, try to understand that opinions can differ and don't try to convince everyone about your own opinion...
I am done with this thread as well....

Old 06-02-03, 03:52 PM   #45
solofly

Quote:
I am only challenging your self-promotional "right" to attack any and everyone who posts anything positive or even neutral opinions about nVidia. I am quite positive that most people who post here have no interest in your vendetta against nVidia. So why not save your vitriol for other forums who would be receptive to such comments? This combativeness and general hostility is really not necessary here.
I've been saying the same since my first post here. Stop bashing nVidia or do it somewhere else! I even bought an Ati 9800pro so I can relax a little when Ati fanboys bash nVidia from all directions.
Old 06-02-03, 03:55 PM   #46
gordon151

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
I've been saying the same since my first post here. Stop bashing nVidia or do it somewhere else! I even bought an Ati 9800pro so I can relax a little when Ati fanboys bash nVidia from all directions.
Just point me to whoever is bugging u solofly (other than me of course ) and I'll fix em good! NO NVIDIA BASHING ON THE NVIDIA BOARD!
Old 06-02-03, 03:57 PM   #47
solofly

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon151
Just point me to whoever is bugging u solofly (other than me of course ) and I'll fix em good! NO NVIDIA BASHING ON THE NVIDIA BOARD!
Say, did Rad8800 got banned from amdmb or something. I saw his sig was gone and all... (not that it matters)
Old 06-02-03, 04:35 PM   #48
gordon151

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
Say, did Rad8800 got banned from amdmb or something. I saw his sig was gone and all... (not that it matters)
I believe he did =/. He got into some big flame war and I guess mods gave him the boot for a while.