Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-02-03, 09:30 PM   #121
ChrisRay

There is something ironic about this to me. a discussion me and digital had on another thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I think it's time that we take a step back from that question and start questioning the original poster who said there was going to be an announcement...what info was that based on?

Because unless I'm mistaken, it's a bit late in the business day for nVidia to be putting out much news.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
Maybe futuremark and Nvidia kiss and make up? naww has to be somethen dirty...

Maybe I was right?

|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 09:30 PM   #122
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally posted by jAkUp
well... the day aquamark 3 is released there will be no cheats in the current generation of cards and drivers. after that though... the next driver updates, and cards will have cheats.

If the gaming experience and the IQ is the same for ATI and Nvidia
to the gamer ,and they cant notice diferences between cards
then any cheat ,hack,or optimization is valid.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 09:30 PM   #123
Ady

Quote:
well... the day aquamark 3 is released there will be no cheats in the current generation of cards and drivers. after that though... the next driver updates, and cards will have cheats.
yeh, that is the most likely scenario. I just wish a company big enough and tough enough to stand up to NV would release a benchmark.
Old 06-02-03, 09:32 PM   #124
Scorched 2.0
Bipolar

Send a message via ICQ to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Scorched 2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by Ady
hmm... "Poof" is slang for Homosexual in this country.
Kyle said it on the www.hardocp.com front page, not me.

The Unfolding Project
Scorched 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 09:34 PM   #125
muzz

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
If the gaming experience and the IQ is the same for ATI and Nvidia
to the gamer ,and they cant notice diferences between cards
then any cheat ,hack,or optimization is valid.
Get a load of this guy.......
Cmon NV40 gimme something better than that, I've seen alot of spew come out of those fingers B4.

Don't let me down now.
Old 06-02-03, 09:35 PM   #126
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by eagle17
I still say it was a cheat and I don't think anyone is fooled buy this... this is just as bad as the quake/quack problem ati had.
It's worse by far. Quack only existed(with degraded IQ) in one driver set. How many driver sets did nvidia have which either "cheated" or had some bugs lowering IQ in them? At least 5.
Old 06-02-03, 09:37 PM   #127
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

i dont think there is really any good way to test the different fps in games anymore. 3dmark01 used to be good... (besides the fact it was WAY WAY to oversensitive to fsb overclocks... but at default fsb its pretty good.) 3dmark03 is trash imo... its nice to tweak your score and see how your system compares to someone else's with the same hardware... it looks decent... but i feel its poorly optimized, and not really a good idea of where games are headed. (the ragdoll physics test, and the sound test, i felt was a needed feature in benchies, which is one of the strongpoints of 3dmark03, again imho)

remember when quake2 had that ingame benchmark? i think it was ~timerefresh... or something like that... where the camera would spin around? theres no way to fix that benchie... because you could always do it in a different spot... is that accurate? why dont the newer games have something like this?

Last edited by jAkUp; 06-02-03 at 09:42 PM.
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 09:39 PM   #128
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
This is almost better than a movie...
troo-dat...

rest o yr post made sense too...

it's a sick sick world, huh?

this thread's gettin a little bloated...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-03, 09:39 PM   #129
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
i dont think there is really any good way to test the different fps in games anymore. 3dmark01 used to be good... 3dmark03 is trash imo...

remember when quake2 had that ingame benchmark? i think it was ~timerefresh... or something like that... where the camera would spin around? theres no way to fix that benchie... because you could always do it in a different spot... is that accurate? why dont the newer games have something like this?
OH yeah i rember that, it was a pritty cool feature.

Didnt someone make a map thats a octogon with a bunch of polys and scripted it so a bunch of guys just run in circles
Old 06-02-03, 09:39 PM   #130
Jovi

Default Re: Re: Re: Oh my gods!

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Let's leave what happens on Rage3d over at Rage3d, shall we?
And what purpose would that serve if it is relevent to the conversation at hand? I have read at least a dozen sites listed here and neary a mention to them.
Jovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 09:40 PM   #131
Red Dog
Join Norml today!

Futuremark = SELL OUT!

Nvidia needs a complete management shake up.

Talk about a quagmire of questionable business ethics.

needs to be some serious bitch slapping. Talk about ruining a corporations reputation, the last 6 months have been infuriating for an Nvidia fan.

The End.
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 09:41 PM   #132
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by bkswaney
OK.... So NV's card cannot do this... hummm maybe they should.

Well, at least FM fixed it. So now the 9800 and 5900 r very close in 3DM03.
PowerVR uses a fundamentally different architecture than any other 3d card IHV. PowerVR uses tile based rendering, which makes it easier to do hidden surface removal and render only what is seen in any given scene.

nvidia, ATI, et al have already invested time and money in making immediate mode renderers more efficient, I'd be surprised if they switched to TBRs.