Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-04-03, 04:59 PM   #325
gordon151

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
It's very simple. nVidida users don't bash ATI users like ATI user bash nVidia users.
/me steps away from solofly before the lightning strikes....

Edit: What's up with people posting essays =/?
Old 06-04-03, 05:01 PM   #326
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
There were a lot of nvidiots taking potshots at ATI all the time here in the past. Hell, I was one of them Of course back then I was ignorant and didn't know jack about anything technical.
But can you say it wasn't deserved? But a lot of those folks taking potshots never actually owned an 8500. I did. Huge mistake. I wasn't going to buy an ATI product again after that. But I was younger and stupid.

/me is very happy with his 9800 Pro.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 05:01 PM   #327
Scorched 2.0
Bipolar

Send a message via ICQ to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Scorched 2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
It's very simple. nVidida users don't bash ATI users like ATI user bash nVidia users. Rage3d is a good example of what i just said. Not only that, they insult one another on top of it. I know of ATI users (including me) that are disgusted by rage3d attitude. I hope NV40 can come back and blow ATI away in every way so we can go back to peace and quiet as it was even a year ago.

I just posted the pic because it makes me laugh.

The Unfolding Project
Scorched 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 06:25 PM   #328
Hellbinder

Quote:
But can you say it wasn't deserved? But a lot of those folks taking potshots never actually owned an 8500. I did. Huge mistake. I wasn't going to buy an ATI product again after that. But I was younger and stupid.

/me is very happy with his 9800 Pro.
When the 8500 was launched the Hardware was great the Drivers SuXorD... or something like that...

However, no i dont really think that the 8500 deserved much of the bashing it got. I still have one as well as a GF4 Ti 4200. Youll notice that the Nvidia Employee made the same statement that was echoed here and elsewhere for a long time. That its Anisotropic filtering was *cheating* among other pot shots. Of course why with that logic Quincunx was never considered Cheating ill never understand...

There is no Denying that Until Ati came under new management and started bringing in great Hardware and Driver guys they were simply not the Force to be reconed with that Nvidia was. A lot has changed since then. Now Imo ATi has the best hardware engineers in the industry, they have imported some of the best Driver Guys from all the other companies. They brought in some of ex Nvidia Best and Brightest as well as Microsofts chief Direct X Architecht.

Which is why i think its pretty obvious that the Nvidia Employees statement about Nvidia having the best hardware now and in the Future is reaching... pretty far. I dont think Nvidia has yet understood or accepted the Truth that Ati is not screwing around anymore and they brought in the People to back it up.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 06:38 PM   #329
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Which is why i think its pretty obvious that the Nvidia Employees statement about Nvidia having the best hardware now and in the Future is reaching... pretty far. I dont think Nvidia has yet understood or accepted the Truth that Ati is not screwing around anymore and they brought in the People to back it up.
Hm, that reminds me of another statement an ATi employee made, allow me to paraphrase, it was from some guy on the ATi driver team or the guy who manages them....

It went something like this,

ATi has managed to allways have the most stable and bug free drivers, and we will continue to do so.

It made me laugh.
Old 06-04-03, 06:52 PM   #330
Fusion
Sapphire Atlantis 9700Pro

I swear a lot of ATi owners just put their fingers in their ears, and shout to themselves
"Lalala, I'm not listening, lalala"

The latest CAT3.4 drivers are a complete joke.
The stuttering I'm encountering in soo many of my games is just beyond a joke, now.

GTA3
GTA Vice City
Need For speed games
Need for Speed HP 1 & 2.
NFSHP2 is just toally unplayable, with dreadful stuttering whereby scenery just suddenly appears from nowhere, instead of smoothly appearing.
Project IGI2, is a complete joke. The minute you use the binoculars, or the thermal imaging, the stuttering is just annoying.
Move you mouse around in either of these modes, and the lag and stutter gives the impression of extremely high frame skip in an emulator like MAME. Anyone who's tried this will know what I'm on about.
Then the visits to Rage3D, and the countless, endless posts about the stuttering, BSOD's, crashing, locking, exception errors, etc...
Yet my old GF4 Ti4600, sitting in the corner acting as a VIVO unit now, plays all those games without any problem whatsoever.

Sure, it's not got quite as good IQ, but who gives a flying **** about IQ if the damn games don't run properly.

But I'm sure the fingers will go in their ears again with the
"Blablabla, I'm not listening, we don't have any problems, lalala"

edit by StealthHawk: don't circumvent the swear filter
Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro
SBLive ! Audigy 2
Bungholio Marks - 147
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 06:55 PM   #331
Hellbinder

Quote:
ATi has managed to allways have the most stable and bug free drivers, and we will continue to do so.
Um no.. thats a misquote. it was made by Catalyst Maker, Terry Makedon Ati software product manager, at Rage3d. (whom i work directly for with the Beta tester team).

I wont look the thread up right now but will if forced to. Anyway he said they *Currently* have the most stable Drivers in the indusrty. Not always have. Which of course you can debate that if you want.

I can tell you that Ati has Officially commited to releasing 12 Drivers a year now. the Decision was made a week or so ago. One WHQL driver will be released per month until further notice starting with the Cat 3.5s

At least you can see they have an honest Commitment to having the Best driver support.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Old 06-04-03, 06:59 PM   #332
Hellbinder

Quote:
I swear a lot of ATi owners just put their fingers in their ears, and shout to themselves
"Lalala, I'm not listening, lalala"

The latest CAT3.4 drivers are a complete joke.
The stuttering I'm encountering in soo many of my games is just beyond a joke, now.

GTA3
GTA Vice City
Need For speed games
Need for Speed HP 1 & 2.
NFSHP2 is just toally unplayable, with dreadful stuttering whereby scenery just suddenly appears from nowhere, instead of smoothly appearing.
Project IGI2, is a complete joke. The minute you use the binoculars, or the thermal imaging, the stuttering is just annoying.
Move you mouse around in either of these modes, and the lag and stutter gives the impression of extremely high frame skip in an emulator like MAME. Anyone who's tried this will know what I'm on about.
Then the visits to Rage3D, and the countless, endless posts about the stuttering, BSOD's, crashing, locking, exception errors, etc...
Yet my old GF4 Ti4600, sitting in the corner acting as a VIVO unit now, plays all those games without any problem whatsoever.

Sure, it's not got quite as good IQ, but who gives a flying f*** about IQ if the damn games don't run properly.

But I'm sure the fingers will go in their ears again with the
"Blablabla, I'm not listening, we don't have any problems, lalala"
I dont have any stuttering problems with the Cat 3.4's, nor did i have during my entire Beta testing Phase. There are simply not countless endless posts at Rage3d about Stuttering, Bsods, Crashing, locking, exception errors..

There are also many people who post at Rage3d who swiched from GF4's etc that say they now have no driver problems like they had with the Nvidia card.

it is not an issue of fingers in anyones ears. as *countless* ATi users simply dont have your problems.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2

Old 06-04-03, 07:01 PM   #333
Fusion
Sapphire Atlantis 9700Pro

Perhaps you should visit there a bit more often then, as I've been there most of the day. And all I saw was countless problem posts.

Perhaps you'd like me to post links to them all , then ?

And you've proved my point nicely about putting your fingers in your ears and ignoring the problems around you.

And perhaps you should actually TRY the GTA games before you post such tripe.
Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro
SBLive ! Audigy 2
Bungholio Marks - 147
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 07:01 PM   #334
Hellbinder

Specifically
Quote:
GTA3
GTA Vice City
Need For speed games
Need for Speed HP 1 & 2.
Project IGI plays perfectly for em every day. GTA3 issues were solved long long ago. I play NFS games all the time i dont have any of the issues at alll you are saying you have.

Look the bottom line is if the Hardware does not work *For you* than get something that does. But dont try to push the idea that everyone or Countless people have your problem. Because its jsut not true.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2
Old 06-04-03, 07:10 PM   #335
ChrisRay

Quote:
Being that Rage3d is the only real ATi site of any merrit I dont think i will agree with you. It more than a little irritates me that you would print something like that while you hang out here and apparently have no problem with the Nvidia Zealotry and such that goes on.

You apparently have never really payed much attention to what goes on at Rage3d. Because there are one hell of a lot more knowledgable people that hang there than almost anywhere else. Further they have a membership of hundreds of thousnads of people.

The problem with Rage3d, Is there are way too many personal attacks that goes on there, You can disagree with someone, Have a discussion with them. And Forgive me for pinpointing. But you can have someone like Doomtrooper start calling you a kiddy and kid, ect.

Thats the reason Why I don't post there as much as I do here. Rage3d has some good posters, But there are some very offensive ones over there too.

We have one here that I don't really like his attitude either, solofly thats you. Because atm you are no better than the people are you are making fun of.

I "know" the mods here care about the integrity of the discussion. I've actually spoken with one about what goes on here, Thats "why" I prefer to post here.

You can have an opinion about an issue and not be burned to the ground for it.

I do post at rage3d occasionally. But I tend to keep my opinions to myself. Because wanting features like Digital Vibrance and Super Sampling makes me a newbie and a punk and a "kid"
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 07:16 PM   #336
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Specifically

Project IGI plays perfectly for em every day. GTA3 issues were solved long long ago. I play NFS games all the time i dont have any of the issues at alll you are saying you have.

Look the bottom line is if the Hardware does not work *For you* than get something that does. But dont try to push the idea that everyone or Countless people have your problem. Because its jsut not true.
nfshp2 had a known stuttering and crashing problem with the radeon 9700 when you put "special effects" to the highest option,(a new patch may have fixed it) as well as gta3, and raven shield. im not bashing the 9700 or anything... but these are known facts.