Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-04-03, 07:18 PM   #337
Fusion
Sapphire Atlantis 9700Pro

Quote:
Project IGI plays perfectly for em every day. GTA3 issues were solved long long ago. I play NFS games all the time i dont have any of the issues at alll you are saying you have.
Noooooooooo, They are NOT fixed.

The GTA stuttering is STILL there. Visit the damn forums, there are lots of users all having the exact same problem.

Just look at some of the recent posts.

>Windows XP Security Update causes "severe performance >degradation"

>max payne won't execute...

>rise of nations crashing help

>Poss Prob With Moto GP2 Cat 3.4

>Anyone having problems on Character Creation Screen in DAOC?

>Radeon 9800 PRO Graphics Bug

>Freeeeeeezing....

>R9700PRO=Awful Morrowind AND Bloodmoon performance

>Descent 3 still hard locks.

>Desktop corruption still exists after VESA.

>Battlefield 1942 corruption is still there. I was under the impression that it was fixed in this release?

>Yeah I think it might even be worse than 3.2...this is a major >problem that needs to be addressed immediately...it really ruins >the game for

The Morrowing problems are a joke. LOOK at the amount of users having problems with just adding a simple shadow.
And they are right, move the slider just one notch up, on shadows, and your frame falls below 10 fps.

How about you take your ATI flavoured head, out of your ATI flavoured a$$ and actually LOOK at the problems.
It's not good just sitting there and pretending it ain't happening, as it's happening all around you.
And to think you call yourself a cat tester.
You should be fired.
Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro
SBLive ! Audigy 2
Bungholio Marks - 147
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 07:22 PM   #338
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Fusion
Noooooooooo, They are NOT fixed.

The GTA stuttering is STILL there. Visit the damn forums, there are lots of users all having the exact same problem.

Just look at some of the recent posts.

>Windows XP Security Update causes "severe performance >degradation"

>max payne won't execute...

>rise of nations crashing help

>Poss Prob With Moto GP2 Cat 3.4

>Anyone having problems on Character Creation Screen in DAOC?

>Radeon 9800 PRO Graphics Bug

>Freeeeeeezing....

>R9700PRO=Awful Morrowind AND Bloodmoon performance

>Descent 3 still hard locks.

>Desktop corruption still exists after VESA.

>Battlefield 1942 corruption is still there. I was under the impression that it was fixed in this release?

>Yeah I think it might even be worse than 3.2...this is a major >problem that needs to be addressed immediately...it really ruins >the game for

The Morrowing problems are a joke. LOOK at the amount of users having problems with just adding a simple shadow.
And they are right, move the slider just one notch up, on shadows, and your frame falls below 10 fps.

How about you take your ATI flavoured head, out of your ATI flavoured a$$ and actually LOOK at the problems.
It's not good just sitting there and pretending it ain't happening, as it's happening all around you.
You should be fired.
*Sarcasm*
LALALLALALALALLALALALLAALALALALALA - Your problems dont exsist

LALALLALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL - Linux dose not exist!!

*End Sarcasm*

funny story

that acutally happens heh.
Old 06-04-03, 07:35 PM   #339
gmontem

Funny that people here are commenting on personal attacks at Rage3D when there are some starting in this very thread.

Quote:
You should be fired.
The reason companies have more than one beta tester is so the product can be tested on various combinations of hardware. Hellbinder unable to find beta driver issues with his hardware does not make him a poor tester when others are finding issues on their hardware. It sure boggles the mind why some people can't get this simple concept down.
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 07:37 PM   #340
Red Dog
Join Norml today!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay

I do post at rage3d occasionally. But I tend to keep my opinions to myself. Because wanting features like Digital Vibrance and Super Sampling makes me a newbie and a punk and a "kid"
Because wanting features like Digital Vibrance and Super Sampling makes me a newbie and a punk and a "kid"

Bingo, same reason I dont post there.

If you want to get beat up there just suggest that you would like beta cats to be released to the public, albeit with a beta disclaimer.

before the day is out "CATALYST BETA TESTERS" will have compared Ati's drivers to Nvidia's drivers and called you and idiot.

the brown nosing by beta cat tester's is enough to make me puke. they enjoy using the latest beta's, but dont think you should because youre not a beta tester.

they have many decent folk that go there, like Hellbinder and Digitalwanderer. I just cant stomach the condescending attitude from the vocal faction.

The End.
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 07:38 PM   #341
Scorched 2.0
Bipolar

Send a message via ICQ to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Scorched 2.0

I've seen quite a few personal attacks here as well.

The Unfolding Project
Scorched 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 08:12 PM   #342
Hellbinder

I actually did go there and read that forum. That is a dedicated Tech support forum.

Did you actually pay any attention to what was in some of those threads? Like the Windows update one for instance???

Thousands of people play morrowind on the 9700 perfectly. Im one of them. WE also play with High res and FSAA+AF..

I and 99% of the people play BattleField all the time with no issues.

You simply have to realize that there are litterlly 10's of thousands of Ati users that post at Rage3d. It is really the only ATi site on the Internet. There are Dozens of Nvidia Fan sites with people spread out everywhere. Thus it is not suprising that when people have problems they post it in the Tech support Forum at Rage3d. There are over 270,000 Posts in the General Radeon forum talking about exactly the oposite.

I do not want to Minimize your issues. But at the same time im not going to let you generalize them onto everyone. IMO 99% of everyones problems are related to Instalation issues, or issues relating from Switching from Nvidia to ATi. Many games Detect hardware upon install and make custom settings based on that.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]

Last edited by Hellbinder; 06-04-03 at 08:18 PM.
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 08:17 PM   #343
Hellbinder

Quote:
Because wanting features like Digital Vibrance and Super Sampling makes me a newbie and a punk and a "kid"
Um, i dont like digital Vibrance nor do I think Ati should support it. There are a number of threads in the General Radeon forum from people who Switched from Nvidia To Ati in the last year and most of them comment about how much better things look on the ATi card.

The 8500 has Supersampleing.. And Nearly all of the Nvidia fearing world hammered it as *inferior* because it was slower..

Nvidia offers Supersample modes in their current hardware yet none of their modes look overall as good as even 4x FSAA on the R300 series. There are many, many reviews to back that up.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]

Last edited by Hellbinder; 06-04-03 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-04-03, 08:26 PM   #344
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Um, i dont like digital Vibrance nor do I think Ati should support it. There are a number of threads in the General Radeon forum from people who Switched from Nvidia To Ati in the last year and most of them comment about how much better things look on the ATi card.

The 8500 has Supersampleing.. And Nearly all of the Nvidia fearing world hammered it as *inferior* because it was slower..

Nvidia offers Supersample modes in their current hardware yet none of their modes look overall as good as even 4x FSAA on the R300 series. There are many, many reviews to back that up.

I think you missed the point of my post entirely, It had nothing to do with these features. And I won't get into a discussion with you here about them now
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-03, 08:26 PM   #345
Hellbinder

Quote:
the brown nosing by beta cat tester's is enough to make me puke. they enjoy using the latest beta's, but dont think you should because youre not a beta tester.

they have many decent folk that go there, like Hellbinder and Digitalwanderer. I just cant stomach the condescending attitude from the vocal faction.
With all due respect I seriously doubt that you even know who 1/4 of the beta testers are. There are only a small percentage of them that post in the General Radeon Forum. There are beta testers from all over, including guys like Omega, and the guys who make the Best known Tweak programs like Radeonator and Nvtweak (i think its called).

Who is it that is kissing but there? I personally made some pretty bold posts about how Stupid I thought the 9600/9800pro is as far as Clock speeds go.

I admit also that i have gone off on a few people from time to time. But its usually regulars there like _Leech_ who i have a long history of disagreemetns with.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2
Old 06-04-03, 08:35 PM   #346
gordon151

Hellbinder, I think you owe ATI an apology!

Quote:
you show apparently no understanding about what sells hardware to people
!!!!!
Old 06-04-03, 08:50 PM   #347
Hellbinder

Quote:
I think you missed the point of my post entirely
You are right. I do see your point. There are a lot of cheap shots taken at people who come from the Nv camp and want Nv features on their ATi card. There are a whole lot of posts going on there now though...

Look at this...

Site Traffic Rage3d Vs. Bluesnews

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...rage3d.com#top

Rage3d Vs hardocp

Rage3d Vs. Anandtech

Rage3d Vs. Nvnews

Of course that really does not show whats happening on the Forums. The rage3d Forums are absolutly huge these days.

There are Currently over 330,000 Members of the Rage3d forums. OF which around 175,000 are active currently posting and readng throughout all the forums not just the General Radeon.

Btw, Team Rage3d folding at home is going through the roof as well. We are closing on the big boys and are currently ranked 4th in the world.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2
Old 06-04-03, 08:52 PM   #348
Hellbinder

Quote:
Hellbinder, I think you owe ATI an apology!
I told you i went off on them.

I was really carried away with that because i know how fragle market gains can be. Fortunately Nvidia has been having some problems recently and there is still a window of oportunity for gain. But you cant do that by releasing Products That just scream *just good enough*. Sure the 9800pro is great. But it should have been better.

Thats all.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Catalyst 4.2