Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-04-03, 11:00 PM   #361
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
Just like you hitting this place and causing trouble. But in your case you only have a dull pocket knife that is ineffective on me and I'm sure I speak for other people too.

These are exactly the kind of comments we don't need. There are times Digital goes overboard here, But you degrade to personal attacks.

This is the kind of thing we want to avoid here
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 11:13 PM   #362
solofly

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
These are exactly the kind of comments we don't need. There are times Digital goes overboard here, But you degrade to personal attacks.

This is the kind of thing we want to avoid here
I haven't seen one positive thing that came out of this guy around here. I will be glad to post links so you'll know what I'm talking about. Besides I don't attack people, instead I defend.
If you want to avoid these confrontations tell the guy to stop insulting people here and stop bashing nVidia. Iím sure they love him at rage3d where he insults anybody that gets in his way with Fooks and those other colorful words.

Last edited by solofly; 06-05-03 at 12:54 AM.
solofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 11:24 PM   #363
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Here is the problem with Digital Vibrance.

Back in the day Nvidia was getting hammered for having horrid washed out IQ, especcially when compared to ATi. Thus all of a sudden Nvidia offered *Digital Vibrance* which is nothing but a software hack to artificially overbright colors.

Turn off Digital Vibrance and compare what you see to the non artificially enhanced ATi IQ. There is a big difference. Further many people have commented that they had not realized how cartoony games looked with digital Vibrance until they *got used* to their Ati card. Also there are a few comments about how some of the texture details are lost due to the overbrighting that DV does, That you just get used to.

So really, i will take the real thing instead of the Artificially Overdriven Color look.
To be honest, I'd like to have DV (or as it's pointed out to me, a "saturation control" since nVidia does have a patent on the term "digital vibrance") as an option since I also feel it just adds to how I like me output to look on my monitor. You can argue all day about whether it's to fix washed-out colors or if ATi's is already perfect, but I would like the option to use it if I so prefered.

If they can add it in, I feel they really should. I really miss it.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 11:29 PM   #364
digitalwanderer

Talking ROFLMFAO~~~~~

Quote:
Originally posted by solofly
Just like you hitting this place and causing trouble. But in your case you only have a dull pocket knife that is ineffective on me and I'm sure I speak for other people too.
Scary! I didn't even notice "the big guy" was taking swings at me until after I posted the last!

Oooooh, put away your mean 'tude at me 'fore you huwt my intwaweb feeewings!

I really try and avoid personal attacks, I prefer to just shred bad logic; but for you I will make an exception. I've been getting honked off all day at dealing with hate PMs at every freaking site I visit from some truly psychotic people who take their brand loyalties WAY too seriously and I am just sick and tired of playing nice.

Wanna piece of me big guy? No problem. Bring it on.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-04-03, 11:36 PM   #365
ChrisRay

Default Re: ROFLMFAO~~~~~

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Scary! I didn't even notice "the big guy" was taking swings at me until after I posted the last!

Oooooh, put away your mean 'tude at me 'fore you huwt my intwaweb feeewings!

I really try and avoid personal attacks, I prefer to just shred bad logic; but for you I will make an exception. I've been getting honked off all day at dealing with hate PMs at every freaking site I visit from some truly psychotic people who take their brand loyalties WAY too seriously and I am just sick and tired of playing nice.

Wanna piece of me big guy? No problem. Bring it on.

relax :P
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-03, 11:44 PM   #366
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: ROFLMFAO~~~~~

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
relax :P
Now where in the heck would the fun be in that?
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-05-03, 12:06 AM   #367
Scorched 2.0
Bipolar

Send a message via ICQ to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Scorched 2.0
Default Re: Re: Re: ROFLMFAO~~~~~

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Now where in the heck would the fun be in that?
Now, now. We must all focus on the true evil in this world, Martha Stewart.

The Unfolding Project
Scorched 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-03, 01:08 AM   #368
Hellbinder

First of all..

I hope Martha Does some Hard time... Its time for her to become some Gnarley Dikes Biiiaaaaatttcchh.. Never lked that ho...
Quote:
Ouch,

IF DV is 'bad' why did ati add it into 3.4's? or try to.
I personally dont like Digital Vibrance because I think it is a Cheap hack. BUUUUUUTTTT. There are Many Nvidia users coming over to the ATi camp. And one thing I know from personal experience The ATi driver Guys will to a fault try to give users what they want. To the extreme that they currently even take heat for a seperate Control panel install. Which they do becuase They have Built in Rforce like Controls for DirectX now, and if they had the control panel built into the Driver pack it would not pass WHQL.

Thus I have no doubt you are going to see something akin to DV from ATi at some point.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-03, 04:10 AM   #369
Morrow
Atari STE 4-bit color

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
For the record...

Radeon 9xxx

The first TWo numbers stand for the hardware generation of the card, not the DX version it supports.

The second two numbers indicate the realative performance Within the product generation. (at least this is what I think i was told for the second Two numbers).
hm strange, how do you explain than that both the Radeon 9000 and the 9200 are based on the Radeon 8500 core (R2x0 architecture)? Until those two cards had been released every hardware site was sure and certain that the first number indicates the DX version which is the card is capable of.

You have to agree that many people have been and will be fooled by thinking to have bought the 9700, 9800 and DX9 technology when looking at the model number of the 9000 and 9200.

Somewhere else in that post you state that after releasing the 9700 everything went uphill for ATI. I really cannot agree to that. The Radeon 9800 Pro is just an overclocked 9700 Pro where you get a 5% performance increase for almost 200$! It's even worse with 256mb DDR II version of the 9800 which is even more expensive and offers almost no performance increase. Also the upcoming R360 seems just to be a slightly overclocked 9800 Pro, adding nothing new to ATI's R3x0 lineup but the card will of course make several crazy overclockers happy who believe they have just made a great deal by upgrading from their 9800 Pro

And even though ATI made some huge progresses in the beginning, it seems now that the quality of their drivers has stalled, forums everywhere are fulls of reclamations about stuttering, bugs, glitches and crashes... is ATI still really going only uphill? The next months will show...

Anyway, I agree to ImaginaryFiend that all the forums worldwide were much more nice and calm when nvidia was the leader. All the bashing and attacks which are going on the last few months are hardly bearable. Intelligent discussions are impossible to find anywhere. We are currently now in the same pathetic situation as we were when AMD managed to offers the fastest CPUs two years ago:

intelligent discussion mode = off
bashing mode = on

This all calmed down very nicely when Intel took again the lead with their P4s Northwoods. Hopefully the same thing will happen in graphiccard world too. Time for the nv35 to be available for purchasing and get moving your feet for the nv40 nvidia. I beg you

Last edited by Morrow; 06-05-03 at 04:13 AM.
Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-03, 10:30 AM   #370
solofly

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrow
hm strange, how do you explain than that both the Radeon 9000 and the 9200 are based on the Radeon 8500 core (R2x0 architecture)? Until those two cards had been released every hardware site was sure and certain that the first number indicates the DX version which is the card is capable of.

You have to agree that many people have been and will be fooled by thinking to have bought the 9700, 9800 and DX9 technology when looking at the model number of the 9000 and 9200.

Somewhere else in that post you state that after releasing the 9700 everything went uphill for ATI. I really cannot agree to that. The Radeon 9800 Pro is just an overclocked 9700 Pro where you get a 5% performance increase for almost 200$! It's even worse with 256mb DDR II version of the 9800 which is even more expensive and offers almost no performance increase. Also the upcoming R360 seems just to be a slightly overclocked 9800 Pro, adding nothing new to ATI's R3x0 lineup but the card will of course make several crazy overclockers happy who believe they have just made a great deal by upgrading from their 9800 Pro

And even though ATI made some huge progresses in the beginning, it seems now that the quality of their drivers has stalled, forums everywhere are fulls of reclamations about stuttering, bugs, glitches and crashes... is ATI still really going only uphill? The next months will show...

Anyway, I agree to ImaginaryFiend that all the forums worldwide were much more nice and calm when nvidia was the leader. All the bashing and attacks which are going on the last few months are hardly bearable. Intelligent discussions are impossible to find anywhere. We are currently now in the same pathetic situation as we were when AMD managed to offers the fastest CPUs two years ago:

intelligent discussion mode = off
bashing mode = on

This all calmed down very nicely when Intel took again the lead with their P4s Northwoods. Hopefully the same thing will happen in graphiccard world too. Time for the nv35 to be available for purchasing and get moving your feet for the nv40 nvidia. I beg you
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. I had 3 ATI cards (2x9700p & 9800p) in my box in the last week and I already had crashes. Man, my one and a half year old Ti4400 hasn't crashed once as far as I remember. I still like my 9800p the the IQ is a touch better. (not while playing fast frames games though - too fast to tell the difference)
solofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-03, 10:53 AM   #371
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Dog
If you want to get beat up there just suggest that you would like beta cats to be released to the public, albeit with a beta disclaimer.

before the day is out "CATALYST BETA TESTERS" will have compared Ati's drivers to Nvidia's drivers and called you and idiot.

the brown nosing by beta cat tester's is enough to make me puke. they enjoy using the latest beta's, but dont think you should because youre not a beta tester.
So, just because you want some beta drivers, you expect the beta testers to break their NDA and face potential legal action? That's very selfless of you...

I really can't say I've seen any Catalyst beta testers 'lording' their status over the rest of us, and they're very limited over what they can say anyhow.

On a more general note, I'd agree that there are some very bad attitudes among some posters at Rage3D, but I tend not to even notice a lot of it - I guess I've been there long enough to be hardened to it, and know who to ignore and who to listen to.
Old 06-05-03, 11:08 AM   #372
Red Dog
Join Norml today!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
So, just because you want some beta drivers, you expect the beta testers to break their NDA and face potential legal action? That's very selfless of you...
No, I dont want anyone to break their nda's. I wouldnt do it myself, so I wouldnt ask anyone to do it.

I would like ATI to post beta catalyst drivers so they may be evaluated for usefullness by powerusers who have first clicked on a no support "beta evaluation" liability disclaimer.

One of things I always liked about being an nvidia user was the steady flow of beta det's.

yeah I know the beta det's are leaked, but ati used to post beta's.

The End.
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote