Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-05-03, 10:31 PM   #397
ricercar
fugue master

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick But I dont think we will see anyting new till nv40 from nvidia.
NV36. Probably called FX 5700.
Old 06-05-03, 10:33 PM   #398
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by ricercar
NV36. Probably called FX 5700.
Ah, i knew someone was going to say something about the nv36.

But i say, it dosent count, no one cares about value/midrange/mainstream cards, NO ONE!

accept the mainstream ha.
Old 06-05-03, 10:36 PM   #399
mikechai
Aegophile

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Ah, i knew someone was going to say something about the nv36.

But i say, it dosent count, no one cares about value/midrange/mainstream cards, NO ONE!

accept the mainstream ha.

That's a lots of it in mainstream .... where the money is.
Old 06-06-03, 12:48 AM   #400
Hellbinder

Quote:
Actually Nvidia doesn't have too. That could be up to its board partners. Food for thought
I had hopes about this kind of thing for ATi to.. but it never happened. Sure there was lots of Rumbling behind the scenes about it.. but.. it never happened.

It just does not seem to be the Kind of thing either company does.

BTW, I have seen my first hints at the speed of ATi's refresh product.

Nvidians better get ready to start going on overdrive with Trashing ATi Drivers and Talking smack about how ATis AF is *cheating* heh heh heh... Your going to need it.

Nvidia should have gotten that 5900 out sooner..
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]

Last edited by Hellbinder; 06-06-03 at 12:56 AM.
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 01:00 AM   #401
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
I had hopes about this kind of thing for ATi to.. but it never happened. Sure there was lots of Rumbling behind the scenes about it.. but.. it never happened.

It just does not seem to be the Kind of thing either company does.

Nvidians better get ready to start going on overdrive with Trashing ATi Drivers and Talking smack about how ATis AF is *cheating* heh heh heh... Your going to need it.

What did you see, where how who?
Old 06-06-03, 01:22 AM   #402
digitalwanderer

Angry SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I have seen my first hints at the speed of ATi's refresh product.

Dude, you are SO not supposed to talk about that!

C'mon, you're gonna spoil the surprise....and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some peoples reactions to it.

Please, stop. You've really said more than you should.

Besides, even if you told them they'd never believe ya.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 01:40 AM   #403
DivotMaker

Quote:

I really question the need for such a comment at this forum in light of what has transpired in the past several weeks. Very questionable motives here...comments like this will do nothing but inspire more needless flames. Very disappointing...
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 02:14 AM   #404
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
I really question the need for such a comment at this forum in light of what has transpired in the past several weeks. Very questionable motives here...comments like this will do nothing but inspire more needless flames. Very disappointing...
I totally agree with you their BBEA, best we not talk about it anymore or bring it up every again.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 06-06-03, 02:43 AM   #405
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
We've been hearing rumblings for some time about the R360, if that is what Hellbinder is talking about, and not the "R400."

Considering the rather lackluster performance increase of the r9800Pro over the r9700Pro I think once we saw the NV35 previews it was obvious ATI would come out with something better.
Old 06-06-03, 02:54 AM   #406
digitalwanderer

Unhappy Please, stop.

Let's all take BBEA's good advice and just nix this whole conversation, ok?

What do you think nVidia's response to the new driver "surprises" will be as....uhm, 'interesting' as the last time?
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 06-06-03, 03:14 AM   #407
Morrow
Atari STE 4-bit color

Default Re: SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Dude, you are SO not supposed to talk about that!

C'mon, you're gonna spoil the surprise....and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some peoples reactions to it.

Please, stop. You've really said more than you should.

Besides, even if you told them they'd never believe ya.
Do you really think that the overclocked R360 will be a that big improvement over the 9800 Pro?
Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 03:27 AM   #408
Hellbinder

Quote:
Come on Dude lighten up.. Its a FORUM.

What motives.. Its a statemet. Wow your right you sure cought me... I was trying to.. um Trying to um.. Yeah.. Do something really sinister with that little comment here on the benchmark Forum...

Like I really care that you are Dissapointed.... Actually Im rather Disapointed that you are so Disapointed which simply makes me disapointed..
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote