Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-06-03, 02:30 AM   #409
Hellbinder

Hint
Quote:
Dude, you are SO not supposed to talk about that!

C'mon, you're gonna spoil the surprise....and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some peoples reactions to it.

Please, stop. You've really said more than you should.

Besides, even if you told them they'd never believe ya.
The man is blowing hot air...
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 03:39 AM   #410
DSC

I feel sad for the ATI customers. R360, then Loci.... how many more speed bumped R350 cores in the making, when Loci alone would be good enough? Oh well, if you're a fanATIc only, better get a big fat wallet since you'll want all these "refreshes". Good way of bleeding your users of their hard earned money.
DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 04:48 AM   #411
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by DSC
I feel sad for the ATI customers. R360, then Loci.... how many more speed bumped R350 cores in the making, when Loci alone would be good enough? Oh well, if you're a fanATIc only, better get a big fat wallet since you'll want all these "refreshes". Good way of bleeding your users of their hard earned money.
Aren't I correct in saying that Loci is going to come out later than NV40? ATI needs an interim product.
Old 06-06-03, 06:13 AM   #412
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
I had hopes about this kind of thing for ATi to.. but it never happened. Sure there was lots of Rumbling behind the scenes about it.. but.. it never happened.

It just does not seem to be the Kind of thing either company does.

BTW, I have seen my first hints at the speed of ATi's refresh product.

Nvidians better get ready to start going on overdrive with Trashing ATi Drivers and Talking smack about how ATis AF is *cheating* heh heh heh... Your going to need it.

Nvidia should have gotten that 5900 out sooner..

There's always something new around the corner, It was just a thought,

It doesn't really matter who has the "fastest" and ultimate high end product, it's just for show and bragging rights of that respective company. I'm more concerned about the main stream market currently. And I've been much less than impressed with both companies offerings in this market, And neither companies are offering something that makes me want to go out and buy a new product
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Last edited by ChrisRay; 06-06-03 at 06:19 AM.
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 06:16 AM   #413
Scorched 2.0
Bipolar

Send a message via ICQ to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Scorched 2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrow
hm strange, how do you explain than that both the Radeon 9000 and the 9200 are based on the Radeon 8500 core (R2x0 architecture)? Until those two cards had been released every hardware site was sure and certain that the first number indicates the DX version which is the card is capable of.

You have to agree that many people have been and will be fooled by thinking to have bought the 9700, 9800 and DX9 technology when looking at the model number of the 9000 and 9200.

Somewhere else in that post you state that after releasing the 9700 everything went uphill for ATI. I really cannot agree to that. The Radeon 9800 Pro is just an overclocked 9700 Pro where you get a 5% performance increase for almost 200$! It's even worse with 256mb DDR II version of the 9800 which is even more expensive and offers almost no performance increase. Also the upcoming R360 seems just to be a slightly overclocked 9800 Pro, adding nothing new to ATI's R3x0 lineup but the card will of course make several crazy overclockers happy who believe they have just made a great deal by upgrading from their 9800 Pro

And even though ATI made some huge progresses in the beginning, it seems now that the quality of their drivers has stalled, forums everywhere are fulls of reclamations about stuttering, bugs, glitches and crashes... is ATI still really going only uphill? The next months will show...

Anyway, I agree to ImaginaryFiend that all the forums worldwide were much more nice and calm when nvidia was the leader. All the bashing and attacks which are going on the last few months are hardly bearable. Intelligent discussions are impossible to find anywhere. We are currently now in the same pathetic situation as we were when AMD managed to offers the fastest CPUs two years ago:

intelligent discussion mode = off
bashing mode = on

This all calmed down very nicely when Intel took again the lead with their P4s Northwoods. Hopefully the same thing will happen in graphiccard world too. Time for the nv35 to be available for purchasing and get moving your feet for the nv40 nvidia. I beg you
I'm sure the GeForce 4 MX series was just as confusing for consumers as well.

The Unfolding Project
Scorched 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 01:15 PM   #414
mikechai
Aegophile

Quote:
Hint

The man is blowing hot air...
The R360 will be running at core 425 and memory 900MHz DDRII.
Because of the high core speed for a 0.15um process and especially the *HOT* DDRII ram, Its time for ATI version of "Dustbuster".

Old 06-06-03, 01:29 PM   #415
digitalwanderer

Angry Dang it, STOP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mikechai
Because of the high core speed for a 0.15um process and especially the *HOT* DDRII ram, Its time for ATI version of "Dustbuster".

That has NOT been finalized yet, and we're going to STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

This is an nVidia site, remember? Surely they have no interest in what ATi is doi....is "ALLEGEDLY" doing?

Any thoughts on what nVidia will say about 3dmurk2k3? <Sayeth the Dig in a desperate panic to get this thread back ON-TOPIC!!!!!>
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 04:54 PM   #416
Hellbinder

Quote:
No man.. ATi is doing it up right baby!!!

They are generating so much heat that they are mounting 15 lbs of pure copper, a mini RC pro am engine, and the blade of a Riding Lawnmower to the Sucker!!

In fact there is an adapter cable that plugs ito the AGP slot that then wraps around outside the system and the card actually mounts of the side of your house. the whole rig is powered by a small portable generator AND a 5v feed from your PC power supply.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-03, 05:00 PM   #417
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
No man.. ATi is doing it up right baby!!!

They are generating so much heat that they are mounting 15 lbs of pure copper, a mini RC pro am engine, and the blade of a Riding Lawnmower to the Sucker!!

In fact there is an adapter cable that plugs ito the AGP slot that then wraps around outside the system and the card actually mounts of the side of your house. the whole rig is powered by a small portable generator AND a 5v feed from your PC power supply.
Dose it come with the mulching attachment?
Old 06-06-03, 05:25 PM   #418
Scorched 2.0
Bipolar

Send a message via ICQ to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Scorched 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Scorched 2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Dose it come with the mulching attachment?
Of course. Only the best for ATI's customers.

The Unfolding Project
Scorched 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-03, 01:05 PM   #419
hithere

Quote:
Originally posted by DSC
The fact is, the R300 architecture has been kicking tail for almost a year now, and now you say you're upset about all the refreshes you've seen. Why aren't you upset about the fact that Nvidia rode the GeForce 3 core for a year and half, calling it by both the 3 and 4 designation, and further deceiving customers with the GF4mx? At least ATI's 9200 is a direct-x 8 class card with a misleading name, not a direct-x 7 one like the MX. Why aren't you similarly upset at the 5800 in general? Seems like that card is just a "good way of bleeding your users of their hard earned money" until the REAL nv30 is out: the nv35. Seems to me like you're faulting ATI for something for which your favorite company is an old salt.

Last edited by hithere; 06-11-03 at 01:09 PM.
hithere is offline   Reply With Quote