Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-02-03, 07:01 PM   #37
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Well, sometimes even a penguin can be wrong *tears up the lottery ticket* damn flibble

this is me trying to lighten the mood
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:02 PM   #38
schuey74
GTX 280 (675/1458/2500)

I can't wait for these NV35 cards to hit retail so we can see how they perform w/ new drivers and in independent benching against the latest Radeons. Then everyone can buy the cards that suit their needs. And then maybe everyone can put this behind us. Although I'm sure some will continue in their crusade to warn the world of the evil that is NVidia and bring up this issue whenever and wherever possible, but I hope the rest of us can enjoy having ATI & NVidia fight back and forth forever while we win with a graphics technology race that continues on...........
schuey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:04 PM   #39
evilangel

Haha, all the ATI fanboys now have nothing to babble about now.

Nvidia didn't cheat.

The lawsuit definitely had something to do with it. But to me it also says FutureMark is a POS.

Last edited by evilangel; 06-02-03 at 07:10 PM.
evilangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:05 PM   #40
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Welcome to Benchmark Central!
Heh. volt's new theme song:

I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls
And she's got big balls
But we've got the biggest balls of them all
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:06 PM   #41
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeC
Heh. volt's new theme song:

I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls
And she's got big balls
But we've got the biggest balls of them all
w0rd!
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:06 PM   #42
NickSpolec

Total BS.

Benchmarks are only good if they can blindly compare performance of different hardware to see how they perform against each other in an GENERAL ENVIORMENT AND TESTING

If they start adding in specific code paths, then they will be worthless.

Why?

The fact is, MOST games DO NOT have optimized code paths for all different hardware, they usually don't even have optimized code paths for the two most common hardware (Radeon and GeForce).

If games have ANY optimized code paths at all, they usually only have two different code paths: A general API code path (for all general hardware), and 1 single optimized GPU code path (which is usually at least 90% an optimized code path for Nvidia hardware).

Optimized code paths are good and bad. It's good because it can put the focus of a game to a specific hardware, making it run better/look faster. But it's MAJORLY bad because there will NEVER be code paths for all hardware, and even then, they will not be as mature as some other code paths (*cough* Nvidia code paths *cough*).

If 3DMark starts to use optimized code paths, that will make it WORTHLESS as a subjective messure of performance.

Nvidia crying because their GPU is pants at general, unoptimized DX9 performance doesn't help them, and just because they may get their way and eventually get a 3DMark with an optimized code path doesn't mean ****.

Why?

Again, MOST games DO NOT, and WILL NOT have seperate optimized code paths for specific hardware.

edit by StealthHawk: don't circumvent the swear filter
NickSpolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:08 PM   #43
Rogozhin

don't forget

the main chorus

"how bout some of my salty chocolate balls?"

we need a third party-maybe Mr. Star could help us out

rogo
Rogozhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:08 PM   #44
Paul

Nice to see you guys aren't fairweather in ANY way at all.

Right?

Old 06-02-03, 07:09 PM   #45
creedamd

Quote:
Originally posted by evilangel
Haha, all the ATI fanboys now have nothing to babble about now.

Nvidia didn't cheat.

You must not understand.

Nvidia told FutureMark that they would sue them unless they called it Optimizing. Everyone already knows that it was cheating... even nvidia fanbois

System2: 2500xp@3200|abitNF7-s|512XMS|9700pro|160Gbhd

System3: 2400xp|512xms|Epox 8rda+|9500pro
creedamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-03, 07:10 PM   #46
gordon151

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
Actually we are flicking matches at a powerkeg, that is conneced to a series of powder kegs!!!!

But my take on this situation is.

Futuremark has been getting alot of funds from Nvidia in the past. Now since 3dmark03 is anti nvidia cards (ala not showing them in the lead) nvidia cut them off.

While im sure Futuremark went stright to ATi looking for alot of free money. Maybe when it did not happen, they are getting strapped for cash and then saw nvidia parading outside their door burning money to light their cigars!

EDIT--------------

I really doubt that Nvidia is sueing futuremark, espcially since futuremark is in finland i think? But i do feel they need money despratly, i almost would bet over 50% of their money came from nvidia.
That's it Glow, Nvidia was paying Futuremark money and then Futuremark in their infinite wisdom became anti-Nvidia thus being essentially pro-ATI because ATI wasn't giving them any money. It all makes sense now, thanks!
Old 06-02-03, 07:10 PM   #47
muzz

Hahaha. ya sure.....

This hurts ATi alot, don't be a fool to think it doesn't, as the NOW LEGAL BOGUS scores will be admitted to the list, and they will STEAL ( yes they may as well be STEALING ATi's cash) $ from ATi.. and the general public to boot....

Pretty pathetic, I am looking over at B3d ( News thread) and am heading over to FM shortley to hear the bogus excuses being given....... or yet NOT being given.

I haven't seen BS THIS bad in a long time..... and thats pretty tough to swallow considering whats been going on LATELY!!!

IMO 3DMK03 is now a DEAD source.... but joe blow big bux has NO CLUE about this crap........

I bet ATi is pretty miffed ( ummmm thats as rosy as I can put it) right about now, and RIGHTLY so!!
Old 06-02-03, 07:11 PM   #48
jimbob0i0
ATI Geek

Send a message via ICQ to jimbob0i0 Send a message via Yahoo to jimbob0i0

interesting this came so swiftly after teh Dell press release..... wonder if they will issue a new one?
jimbob0i0 is offline   Reply With Quote