Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-09, 08:59 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Windows 7 RC expected at the end of February

WinnFuture, a German website reports that the one and only RC build of Windows 7 will be ready at the end of February to be sent to select testers.

According to WinFuture's sources, the first-RC build has been compiled by now. The build number currently under test is not known, however WinFuture reports that 7048 was the latest build of Windows 7 and might be the RC, created a few days before and confirms that work is currently going on around the Windows 7 RC build.

The German website also reports that MSDN/TechNet subscribers along with the other private beta testers, would receive the RC build after 27th February, but not sure about the public beta which ended few weeks back.

Neowin earlier reported that we could be seeing the Windows 7 RC in early April, but with the rumor that Windows 7 is set to hit RTM in August, no wonder we can expect the RC build very soon!

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/0...nd-of-february
Old 02-18-09, 09:27 PM   #2
Yaboze

Default Re: Windows 7 RC expected at the end of February

Man, that was quick. They are really cranking on this, huh?
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 09:47 PM   #3
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Uh oh . . . MS needs to quadruple check their bases before they let this one go . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 12:49 AM   #4
Zelda_fan

dude, beta2 is solid as a rock. Have been using it as my main OS for about 2 months now, and zero problems.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 08:50 AM   #5
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Its coming fast. Granted this is what Vista should have been anyways so it's not like they had to re-code the whole thing. I can't wait till it's final and apps are officially supported so I dont have to use compatibility modes for things to install (Intel Chipset drivers, GTA IV, and a few others).

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 09:19 AM   #6
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
dude, beta2 is solid as a rock. Have been using it as my main OS for about 2 months now, and zero problems.
It's not been a good thing for my workstation at work, we use Logmein like crazy here and Logmein hates W7. That's the main reason I had to go back to Vista Business.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 11:08 AM   #7
ViN86

oooh RC this month? so when can we expect the release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Its coming fast. Granted this is what Vista should have been anyways so it's not like they had to re-code the whole thing. I can't wait till it's final and apps are officially supported so I dont have to use compatibility modes for things to install (Intel Chipset drivers, GTA IV, and a few others).
that's the best thing about this release is that the driver release issues with Vista should be practically non-existent with Win 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Man, that was quick. They are really cranking on this, huh?
well, they didnt really write a whole new OS from scratch like they did with Vista...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 11:43 AM   #8
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Is this the first time you on Windows have experienced this?, OS's should be "Solid".

Lets face it, they just had to put right what was wrong with Vista, Windows 7 is only like it is because Vista was such a screw up.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-09, 12:23 PM   #9
ASUSEN7900GTX

well could one presume Vista is what WIn ME was at its time a fiasko?

that is the feeling i get and when im at it is Vlite difficult to use and what does it do?

well thats about it for now take yall
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 12:57 PM   #10
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
It's not been a good thing for my workstation at work, we use Logmein like crazy here and Logmein hates W7. That's the main reason I had to go back to Vista Business.
well yea there are a few apps that arent compatible. Thats gonna happen. Logmein is one of those with known issues. Punkbuster may not work right as well but Evenbalance has come out and said until it's RTM it wont be supported.

Quote:
Old 02-19-09, 03:37 PM   #11
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
well yea there are a few apps that arent compatible. Thats gonna happen. Logmein is one of those with known issues. Punkbuster may not work right as well but Evenbalance has come out and said until it's RTM it wont be supported.
PB worked fine for me in Win7 beta, tried it out in COD4 and it was working great.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 06:11 PM   #12
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
PB worked fine for me in Win7 beta, tried it out in COD4 and it was working great.
Im not having issues but alot of people are in COD4 and BF2. I updated PB using their utility and it wasnt an issue for me either. I dont know if alot of people know about the update utility or use it though.

In any case Even Balance has said they wont support Beta OSes.

Quote: