Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-09, 02:09 AM   #25
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Street Fighter IV

Unlocked Akuma and Gouken so far, I'll work on Seth this weekend. If anyone needs to know how to do it let me know, it's simpler than people on GameFAQs make it out to be. The game is actually better than I'd expected and I'm having a lot of fun. Unfortunately I could not connect to any network games, but I'll try again tomorrow.

As for the arcade mode, it's a blast except for Seth (the last boss) who is just cheap. It's one of those "insta-counter" AIs that makes it all but impossible to beat using normal tactics for your character - you have to rely on quick jabbing and sweep kicks to beat him. For such a great single-player experience aside from that, it's very disappointing for the last boss to be so frustratingly difficult (even on Very Easy). It does temper the enjoyment somewhat. Fortunately he can be beaten by any character using the same tactics (pray he doesn't teleport + body slam over and over, get in sweep range and sweep till he dies), and projectile-users have it even better. I haven't tried it on a difficultly higher than Medium yet, though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 04:47 AM   #26
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buenamos View Post
Yeah I saw that a while ago. I'm not really a hardcore fan of the game or anything so I can't find myself buying a 5th controller or a new case simply for one game. Not to mention I would have to probably get 2 so anyone else who wanted to play wouldn't be playing at a disadvantage.
i have the 360 controller on pc, would preffer not to sue but since i'm forced to by GfW. I will be replacing the analog sticks on the controller maybe this week.
Old 02-18-09, 05:18 PM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Unlocked Akuma and Gouken so far, I'll work on Seth this weekend. If anyone needs to know how to do it let me know, it's simpler than people on GameFAQs make it out to be. The game is actually better than I'd expected and I'm having a lot of fun. Unfortunately I could not connect to any network games, but I'll try again tomorrow.

As for the arcade mode, it's a blast except for Seth (the last boss) who is just cheap. It's one of those "insta-counter" AIs that makes it all but impossible to beat using normal tactics for your character - you have to rely on quick jabbing and sweep kicks to beat him. For such a great single-player experience aside from that, it's very disappointing for the last boss to be so frustratingly difficult (even on Very Easy). It does temper the enjoyment somewhat. Fortunately he can be beaten by any character using the same tactics (pray he doesn't teleport + body slam over and over, get in sweep range and sweep till he dies), and projectile-users have it even better. I haven't tried it on a difficultly higher than Medium yet, though.
Tell me how... if there is another way to unlock him aside from the stupid GF way, I would prefer it. Thanks.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 06:19 PM   #28
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Old 02-18-09, 06:45 PM   #29
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

^^

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 07:21 PM   #30
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Lol, at Chun-Li's big hands.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 07:30 PM   #31
|MaguS|

been thinking about picking it up but I have so much on my plate already. Ugh I hate you L4D!
Old 02-18-09, 07:58 PM   #32
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Signed up to gamefly just for it. I love street fighter so much but holding out until I can get a stick before buying the retail game. Also King of Fighters is coming this summer. What a great year for fighters.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-09, 09:42 PM   #33
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Tell me how... if there is another way to unlock him aside from the stupid GF way, I would prefer it. Thanks.
I'll tell you exactly what I did - after unlocking the other 6 characters (Fei Long, Cammy, Dan, Rose, Sakura, and Gen) start up an arcade game on Very Easy with 1 round matches. Pick a fighter with a projectile attack (Ryu is easiest for this). To fight Akuma, you have to get at least one Perfect and cannot lose any matches at all. I actually got two perfects and still fought Akuma. I believe the cutoff which determines whether you fight Akuma or Gouken is the number of Ultra Finishes you get in addition to the Perfects. Anyway, don't do more than 2 Ultra Finishes while you're going through the fights. Once you beat Seth, Akuma will challenge you. He's a pushover on easy - beat his ass then you can select him on the character screen.

To get Gouken, simply start up a new arcade game (Very Easy and 1 round again) with Akuma. Get at least 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes and do not lose any matches. Once you beat Seth, this time Gouken will challenge you. Beat him down and you can now select him.

You don't need to complete the game with all 6 of the "easy" unlockable characters to fight Akuma. You don't need a certain number of ultra finishes for Akuma (on the contrary, you want to avoid them if possible). Gouken is the only one with a requirement for Ultra Finishes. It's actually very easy to unlock Akuma and Gouken, provided you don't get a really unlucky Seth fight at the end. Unfortunately, losing to Seth will ruin your streak and you'll have to start over.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 02-18-09, 09:55 PM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Alright thanks my ninja.
Old 02-18-09, 10:16 PM   #35
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Let me know if it works, I've heard from some people that even if they meet the criteria the fights won't happen sometimes, or they'll beat Akuma/Gouken and not unlock them as selectable characters.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 02-18-09, 10:23 PM   #36
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Let me know if it works, I've heard from some people that even if they meet the criteria the fights won't happen sometimes, or they'll beat Akuma/Gouken and not unlock them as selectable characters.
Well I just got done beating the game with Ken... 1 perfect, no UC finishes and I beat Akuma and it unlocked him... no continues through out the entire thing. Going to try for the others now.