Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-09, 04:42 PM   #73
LurkerLito

Default Re: Street Fighter IV

I tried Rose last night in SP and I think she sucks, but her ultra was successfully blocked by Seth when I was playing her so there has to be a way to block it.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 01:15 AM   #74
SilentMercury

I read the great reviews on this game and being a fighting game freak, I went out and bought it. To be completely honest, this is one of the biggest let-down games I have ever played. I mean come on, when I started my first fight, I thought it was a joke. Same game mechanics, same characters, same old BS just jazzed up with good sound and graphics. Nothing innovative was done with this game. I feel like I'm playing SF2.

I'm sick of big titles failing to impress. First it was Virtua Fighter 5, then Soul Calibur 4, and then they mix Mortal Kombat with comic book superheroes? WTF is going on?

The only fighting game that has impressed the hell out of me is Def Jam: ICON, and I hate rap music and despise the whole "gangsta" image. The mechanics and gameplay is the most innovative out of any fighting game I have ever played, period.
Q6600 @ 3.43 w/Zalman 9500
ABS Tagan 800w PSU
4GB Patriot Viper PC8500 2gbx2
250GB WD Sata HDD
Vista 64
SilentMercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 01:45 AM   #75
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentMercury View Post
I read the great reviews on this game and being a fighting game freak, I went out and bought it. To be completely honest, this is one of the biggest let-down games I have ever played. I mean come on, when I started my first fight, I thought it was a joke. Same game mechanics, same characters, same old BS just jazzed up with good sound and graphics. Nothing innovative was done with this game. I feel like I'm playing SF2.

I'm sick of big titles failing to impress. First it was Virtua Fighter 5, then Soul Calibur 4, and then they mix Mortal Kombat with comic book superheroes? WTF is going on?

The only fighting game that has impressed the hell out of me is Def Jam: ICON, and I hate rap music and despise the whole "gangsta" image. The mechanics and gameplay is the most innovative out of any fighting game I have ever played, period.

/thread

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 01:59 AM   #76
EciDemon

Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon

Quote:

If they did it any other way then it would not be street fighter. However there's more to it then meets the eye really. Check out the trails and you'll see. The game is also quite well balanced so you can pick any character and win.
I love the game.

side note: just managed to beat all the normal trails
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 07:27 AM   #77
ralinn
Masters

Quote:

lol, I think you're missing the point of SFIV. Also, they tried doing something new with SF (Third Strike) and it really didn't take off. Most people hated it when it was first released.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 10:18 AM   #78
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I mean come on, when I started my first fight, I thought it was a joke. Same game mechanics, same characters, same old BS just jazzed up with good sound and graphics. Nothing innovative was done with this game. I feel like I'm playing SF2.
Why does it have to innovate so much to be fun? Besides there are plenty of features in this game that set it apart from SF2. Taking 5 minutes to play it and dismissing it because it isn't the most revolutionary fighting game in history is ridiculous.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 11:59 AM   #79
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Default Re: ***Official Street Fighter IV Thread***

I just came in to say Hi!!!
Old 02-24-09, 12:45 PM   #80
DiscipleDOC

I picked this game up yesterday. I really do like it! I know it has the same characters...but wtf do you expect? It's STREET FIGHTER!!!!

Anyway, I play pretty much all night last night. I'm going to practice some more, and then I'm gonna kick some of you guys arses.

By the way, I'm ken's pimp. If he doesn't make that moolah for me, I will smack him around.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-09, 12:46 PM   #81
DiscipleDOC

Quote:

Take your game back and your PS3 as well. You've been cheated, and I feel your pain.

Old 02-24-09, 01:40 PM   #82
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Why does it have to innovate so much to be fun? Besides there are plenty of features in this game that set it apart from SF2. Taking 5 minutes to play it and dismissing it because it isn't the most revolutionary fighting game in history is ridiculous.
This is the mindset that really annoys me. If a game doesn't 'bring anything new to the table' it's crap. Yet when a game is different, 'They screwed it up!'.
At least with Street Fighter IV the fans greatly outnumber the SilentMercuries out there. The fans really appreciate what Capcom have done to make SFIV one of the most balanced easy to play hard to master fighting games out there.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 01:47 PM   #83
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I wish Capcom still had an agreement with Marvel and could make a dang MvC3 on this engine... that would probably be the greatest fighting game ever.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 01:53 PM   #84
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I wish Capcom still had an agreement with Marvel and could make a dang MvC3 on this engine... that would probably be the greatest fighting game ever.
I don't know if it would be "the greatest game ever", but I would buy it. I used to like those games...