- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GT 120
- GeForce G100
- Quadro FX 3700M
- Fixed a bug that caused Maya to freeze when overlays are enabled.
- Fixed an interaction problem with some applications that use memory tracking libraries.
- Added support for RG renderbuffers in OpenGL 3.0.
- Added support for OpenGL 3.0 floating-point depth buffers.
- Fixed a problem that caused Valgrind to crash when tracing a program that uses OpenGL.
- VDPAU updates:
- VDPAU now supports VC-1/WMV acceleration on all GPUs supported by VDPAU; see the README for details.
- Expand the documentation of VDPAU's VdpVideoMixer, in particular regarding how to use the deinterlacing algorithms. Explicitly document "half rate" deinterlacing, which should allow the advanced algorithms to run on more low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
- Implement a "skip chroma deinterlace" option in VDPAU, which should allow the advanced deinterlacing algorithms to run on more low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
- Enhance VDPAU to correctly handle some forms of corrupt/invalid MPEG streams on some GPUs.
- Fix VDPAU to prevent some cases of "display preemption" in the face of missing H.264 reference frames on some GPUs.
- Fix VDPAU to correctly handle VC-1 skipped pictures with missing start codes on some GPUs.
- Fix VDPAU to correctly handle WMV "range reduction" on some GPUs. A minor backwards-compatible API change was made for this; see vdpau.h's documentation for structure field VdpPictureInfoVC1.rangered.
- Fix VDPAU wrapper library to print dlerror() messages when problems occur, which will simplify debugging of driver loading issues.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 180.35
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-180.35.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-180.35.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 180.35
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678