Default Re: Mass Effect 2 Teaser!

Nice! Cant wait. ME1 was one of my fave games
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 05:56 PM   #14
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

I loved ME1 (played it twice... which I never do on any game anymore) Can't wait for this to come out for PC
Intelģ Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 06:55 PM   #15
j0j081

I was just thinking about buying the first one on steam the other day? Should I watch this or will it ruin it.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 09:20 PM   #16
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

dont watch it
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 09:27 PM   #17
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

hopefully the second will be more like a real RPG from Bio
Old 02-22-09, 09:32 PM   #18
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

I just peed myself a little bit.

I absolute LOVED the first one, minus some issues here and there.

Can't wait for this. I'm betting the whole "killed" is part of the storyline, and you're not really dead... or maybe Bioware determined it'd be too hard to crossover game data from ME1 into ME2 and is just creating new characters...

Damn, the excitement is killing me!

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 10:21 PM   #19
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

I just had another look at the trailer.

At first I thought that the robot dude (can't even remember the races anymore!) was wearing Shepherd's armour, but if you look at the left hand corner just as the camera is zooming out you can see a human face (Shepherd's), which means that the robot dude is actually carrying him.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the game begins with him being captured or something and people thinking he's dead. Maybe you get to play as other characters while you rescue him? Though that doesn't make sense from and RPG point of view.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Old 02-22-09, 11:43 PM   #20
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

where did you see a face?

Old 02-23-09, 12:15 AM   #21
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

The Geth are so happy Shepard broke Sovereign's hold over them they get married. Ashley is heartbroken but retains her amazing arse.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 02:01 AM   #22
shilk

I thought you said they have lesbian sex in the foliage in front of a mirror?

Oh wait, wrong game.

And I see no face either. I already watched it frame by frame towards the end. The thing I'm assuming is that Shepard fakes his/her death or something to infiltrate the Geth and find out where the Reavers are beyond The Veil.

I seriously hope I don't have to play as other characters to fill in the storyline. I really don't like that for reason. Maybe if it's for a very short time, but if Shepard is gone for half of the game, I'm seriously gonna have to wring some necks.

I really want to get a hold of some of the books and see if the storyline branches out more. The Mass Effect: Revelation is getting raving reviews. You get to check out Captain Anderson and Saren's shennanegans and everything that happened before the game actually took place. Remember, the refinery where Saren killed all those people was where it all started. The scientist they were supposed to find actually uncovered something about the Protheans and that's how this mess all got started.

The first book: Mass Effect: Revelation

Quote:
Product Description
Every advanced society in the galaxy relies on the technology of the Protheans, an ancient species that vanished fifty thousand years ago. After discovering a cache of Prothean technology on Mars in 2148, humanity is spreading to the stars; the newest interstellar species, struggling to carve out its place in the greater galactic community.

On the edge of colonized space, ship commander and Alliance war hero David Anderson investigates the remains of a top secret military research station; smoking ruins littered with bodies and unanswered questions. Who attacked this post and for what purpose? And where is Kahlee Sanders, the young scientist who mysteriously vanished from the baseĖhours before her colleagues were slaughtered?

Sanders is now the prime suspect, but finding her creates more problems for Anderson than it solves. Partnered with a rogue alien agent he canít trust and pursued by an assassin he canít escape, Anderson battles impossible odds on uncharted worlds to uncover a sinister conspiracy . . . one he wonít live to tell about. Or so the enemy thinks.

About the Author
Drew Karpyshyn is the New York Times bestselling author of Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, and several other fantasy and science fiction novels. He is also an award-winning writer/designer for the computer game company BioWare, where he was lead writer on Mass Effect and the popular Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game. He lives in Canadaís hinterlands with his loving wife, Jen, and their cat.
Didn't even know he did the writing for KoToR! No wonder it was awesome!

Then it's the game Mass Effect. And then...

The book: Mass Effect: Ascension
Quote:
Product Description
When they vanished fifty thousand years ago, the Protheans left their advanced technology scattered throughout the galaxy. The chance discovery of a Prothean cache on Mars allows humanity to join those already reaping the rewards of the ancientsí high-tech wizardry. But for one rogue militia, the goal is not participation but domination.

Scientist Kahlee Sanders has left the Systems Alliance for the Ascension Project, a program that helps gifted ďbioticĒ children harness their extraordinary powers. The programís most promising student is twelve-year-old Gillian Grayson, who is borderline autistic. What Kahlee doesnít know is that Gillian is an unwitting pawn of the outlawed black ops group Cerberus, which is sabotaging the program by conducting illegal experiments on the students.

When the Cerberus plot is exposed, Gillianís father takes her away from the Ascension Project and flees into the lawless Terminus Systems. Determined to protect Gillian, Kahlee goes with themÖ unaware that the elder Grayson is, in fact, a Cerberus operative. To rescue the young girl Kahlee must travel to the farthest ends of the galaxy, battling fierce enemies and impossible odds. But how will she be able to save a daughter from her own father?

This novel is based on a Mature-rated video game.
Then Mass Effect 2.

That would explain the Cerberus logo in the trailer at the beginning!

Hmmm. Now I really want the book.

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=17005346

But wait! There's more! Accoring to Drew Karpyshyn in an interview:

Quote:
When can Mass Effect fans expect from their first taste of Ascension?

Mass Effect: Ascension will set up the second game in the same way Revelation set up the first game. It wonít focus on Shepard (thatís *your* story as the player), but it will introduce some new characters and themes that will figure prominently in the second game. I also bring back Kahlee Sanders from the first novel, and Iíll take a closer look at biotics and one of the alien species you got to meet in Mass Effect.
Whew. Almost had a cardiac arrest over that. So we do see Shepard in ME2.
Old 02-23-09, 08:21 AM   #23
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
where did you see a face?
Hmm.. my bad. Upon re-inspection I now see that it's just a patch of brownish material. It could be skin though.
I still stand by my theory that he might be captured/defeated in the opening act and that's where the game starts.

@shilk: I had no idea there were books!
At the very least I'm going to try and get my hands on Ascension.
Seems to me that the whole Cerberus ordeal is going to be a main topic in Mass Effect 2.
Thanks for the info.

On a side note, what are the two different endings?
I was a goody-two-shoes all throughout the game, and I got the dude killed (so sue my, I wanted to bang Ashley ). I was also able to save Wrex, and I chose Anderson (the previous captain of the Normandy) as the Council Representative at the end.

EDIT: Oh yeah.. .spoiler alert?

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Old 02-23-09, 09:14 AM   #24
hell_of_doom227

Great game, can't wait for Mass Effect 2. I will probably replay Mass Effect 1 right before i get Mass Effect 2

Can't wait for KOTOR 3 too.
System: eVGA x58SLI x16 4Way Classified, Intel Six Core i7 X980@4.00Ghz, 6Gb GSkill DDR3-1600, Tri Crossfire 3xATI Radeon 5870 1Gb, Raid1 - 2xSSD Intel 80Gb X-25M, Raid0 - 2xHDD Samsung 2Tb, Raid1 - 2xHDD Samsung 1Tb, LG Blue-Ray/HD-DVD Player, Silverstone 1100W PSU, Intel Stock Cooler (New One), Thermaltake Xaser VI, LG 27" LCD, Logitech Keyboard G15, G5 Logitech Mouse

35708 - 3DMark Vantage
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2109601
hell_of_doom227 is offline   Reply With Quote