Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-27-09, 03:51 AM   #49
j0j081

Default Re: Mass Effect 2 Teaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
Heh. You should go back and finish all of the quests.

It's the Consort chick. After you help her, she gives you a necklace (which is rumored to have some significance in Mass Effect 2), and if you tell her "That's all?", she'll BOM CHIKKA WO WOW you. Yes, even if you're female.
got any pics?
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 08:51 AM   #50
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

EMBRACE ETERNITY
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 12:18 PM   #51
shilk

^^ ROFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081 View Post
got any pics?
It's the same as any other scene minus the extended nudity. It's just the two naked, then the "typical arm in the air" thing.
Old 02-27-09, 05:30 PM   #52
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

Playing through ME1 again
Forgot how great of a game it was.
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 12:45 AM   #53
shilk

No one has talked about the DLC for Mass Effect, which I find kind of weird.

I loved every minute of it! The new textures and location is absolutely stunning, not to mention the nice reward for finishing it.
Old 02-28-09, 01:24 AM   #54
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
My only complaint about Mass Effect was the ending. In my opinion, it felt like the game stopped too abruptly, like...there was more to the game, they just didn't put it in yet. The ending wasn't satisfying enough.

I loved what was there though...I just don't want another lame, semi-cliffhanger ending again. I hate that ****.
the last 2 hours of that game were some of the best moments of gaming I've ever experienced and before that was good too
proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 01:48 AM   #55
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
Oh, the last two hours were great, but the way it ended was anti-climactic. It felt like there was still important crap you needed to do...mostly the fact that you hadn't succeeded in defeating the real enemy.

It was like playing a game of chess, and then saying "Game Over! You win!" after taking an opponent's pawn. It just didn't feel right.

Like I said, the game was great, the way it ended was crap. The game just felt incomplete to me.
Oh that didn't bother me cause it they said it's gonna be a trilogy and with that I felt ok that the game ended like it did left me wanting more, and I knew there'd be plenty more =)
proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 02:22 AM   #56
Yojack

So with that philosophy, I guess Star Wars (original) was a bad movie because Darth Vader lived and the emperor was still alive? Mass Effect was one of those rare games/stories that actually had a great and fulfilling reward at the end and still left a cliffhanger without taking away a feeling of great accomplishment. One of the best endings I can remember in a game or movie in the last 10 years tbh.
Yojack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-09, 10:58 AM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I actually thought they did a perfect job of making the ending feel like a resolution, but also leaving threads open for a sequel.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 11:06 AM   #58
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I actually thought they did a perfect job of making the ending feel like a resolution, but also leaving threads open for a sequel.
Exactly.
It wasn't like you just destroyed a big ship and all of a sudden were left with a cliffhanger (I'm looking at YOU, Crysis!). They rapped it up nicely but left a nice open ending for a sequel to come along.

ME was overall one of the greatest gaming experiences I've had in a long time... minus driving around in the dammed Mako.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Tuork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 11:47 AM   #59
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuork View Post
Exactly.
They raped it up nicely but left a nice open ending for a sequel to come along.

ME was overall one of the greatest gaming experiences I've had in a long time... minus driving around in the dammed Mako.
Fixed.

But yeah, it was actually good considering it was going to be a trilogy. I do agree on the Mako thing as well. It felt like it was becoming more of a chore than exploration. All it felt like was going to a different bunker in a different area of the map, go in, exit, repeat.

The Bring Down the Sky DLC changed all of that though. Even the internal map area was completely new which was pretty awesome.
Old 02-28-09, 11:58 AM   #60
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuork View Post
Got that right.

Don't know why on earth anyone would chose the blue chick.
Because she is blue!!! man, blue!!!

And yes, please, please kill the Mako. It sux so bad I feel bad when I'm trying to use it. They should develope something that doesn't jump like a basketball player.