Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-05-02, 10:48 PM   #13
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

trying turning off AGP4, fastwrites, sidebanding. Some AMD /VIA rigs also had an odd stability problem that was fixed by overclocking your system bus slightly.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-02, 01:48 AM   #14
Matthius

Send a message via ICQ to Matthius Send a message via AIM to Matthius

I found ONE problem that might be screwing mine over. my power supply is only 240W. do you think that could be the problem? oh yeah, and i downloaded the latest drivers today from winfast AND Nvidia, and both of them didn't work.

Does anyone know why they wont install properly??? the only one that works is the one on the cd that i got with it. the cd is version 3.9. now, i have downloaded 4 different drivers. thats more that 40 meg on a 33.3k, and when you find out that they don't work, IT KILLS YOU!!!

alright, can someone that KNOWS or EXPERIENCED this problem, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ help! i have had this problem for months!!!
Old 09-06-02, 12:44 PM   #15
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthius
I found ONE problem that might be screwing mine over. my power supply is only 240W. do you think that could be the problem? oh yeah, and i downloaded the latest drivers today from winfast AND Nvidia, and both of them didn't work.

Does anyone know why they wont install properly??? the only one that works is the one on the cd that i got with it. the cd is version 3.9. now, i have downloaded 4 different drivers. thats more that 40 meg on a 33.3k, and when you find out that they don't work, IT KILLS YOU!!!

alright, can someone that KNOWS or EXPERIENCED this problem, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ help! i have had this problem for months!!!
I used to solve the problem by shutting off the video bios shadows and all the other video shadows in the bios. But then later on the problem came back and I never really managed to fix it, so I just got a GF4 for really cheap from Visiontek and the problem went away forever.
Old 09-06-02, 02:42 PM   #16
Chiles4

Ditto to what DaveW said. There are supposedly a million and one reasons for the infinite loop problem. Alot of people who have gotten this problem have something in their system that's set too aggressively - either memory timings or an overclocked video card or cpu.

No guarantees here but getting a quality 400W PSU is good advice for anyone in this hobby. Newegg has some excellent Antecs for great prices. And possibly the problem might be caused by insufficient or fluctuating voltage to your AGP slot.

Alot of the today's default bios settings are still "legacy". Disable every bios option that says cache or caching except for, of course, the L1 and L2 caches.

I remember one "electrical" guy said he solved the infinite loop by removing the screw near his video card that held the center of his mobo in place - go figure!

What sucks is that if you put your video card in another mobo or put a different video card in your mobo, you might never experience the problem.
Chiles4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-02, 02:37 AM   #17
Matthius

Default err

what in the hell is a "MOBO" ?!!?!? i've never heard that word in my whole life...maybe from something a baby would have said, but i think i know what it is. is it the agp port thingie?
Old 09-08-02, 03:25 AM   #18
LuckyNV

Motherboard
LuckyNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-02, 06:25 AM   #19
Matthius

Ah, stupid me. cool. ill have to use that word more often. hey ah, you wouldn't happen to know why moving the middle screw makes it stop doin that would you? cause this guy could have just bumped somethin and made it work, or curse it in a good way or somethin. he is an electrical guy afterall.
Old 09-08-02, 07:25 PM   #20
Chiles4

Nah, some mumbo-jumbo about capacitance or something - nothing I'd ever understand. I use mobo cause it's a heck of alot easier than spelling out motherboard or even mainboard.
Chiles4 is offline   Reply With Quote