Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-23-09, 04:39 AM   #13
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Default Re: Another old (arcade) game to identify

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
If only this site allowed you to search or browse by features...

http://coinop.org/
I tried searching the site with Google ("site:.coinop.org foo") without much luck. Thanks for the hint though, I think I'll be skimming the site when I get bored at work.

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 07:44 AM   #14
weevil

Big foot sounds a bit Terry Gilliam
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 09:41 AM   #15
XDanger
Whaaat?

What kind of weapons or moves does the character have?
Old 03-23-09, 01:36 PM   #16
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
What kind of weapons or moves does the character have?
I know this isn't very helpful but I honestly don't remember. I only remember bits and pieces, such as what happens when time runs out (the foot thing) and that particular treasure on the first level. As said before, I'm even uncertain if the player could choose his character. I think character(s) did have some sort of melee (or short range) attack though. As for the moves, I think there was nothing special. I doubt the character could do anything but move around, jump, and possibly use his attack. If there were more than one character to choose from, I'm fairly certain that one of their difference was their jump height. And no, I'm not talking about Doki Doki Panic aka Super Mario Bros 2. ;-)

Every time I try to remember something new about the game I start thinking of title screen of "Chuck Rock", character and treasures of "Wonder Boy", and map design of "Rick Dangerous" and "P.P. Hammer". None of those alone come close to the game I'm thinking. I know I would recognise the game the instant I would see it, but until then it's just bits and pieces.

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]

Last edited by wnd; 03-23-09 at 05:11 PM. Reason: P.P. Hammer, not Hammerin' Harry
Old 03-23-09, 03:49 PM   #17
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

do you remember who developed that game? irem? hudson? taito?

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 04:36 PM   #18
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnd View Post
Every time I try to remember something new about the game I start thinking of title screen of "Chuck Rock", character and treasures of "Wonder Boy", and map design of "Rick Dangerous" and "Hammerin' Harry". None of those alone come close to the game I'm thinking. I know I would recognise the game the instant I would see it, but until then it's just bits and pieces.
You forgot to mention BC Kid!
Old 03-23-09, 05:22 PM   #19
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

I can't remember who developed the game, but I think Taito's style would match the game the best (out of Irem, Hudson and Taito). No guarantees on that, though. I didn't know BC Kid so I had to check it out. No, that's not it.

I really appreciate your interest in figuring out what this game is. If my answers sound like "bah, I already told you that" it's only because English isn't my mother tongue. Thanks again.

Old 03-23-09, 07:43 PM   #20
XDanger
Whaaat?

BC Kid is a great game , Try it.