Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-23-09, 06:12 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default The Path

Anyone get it? It's an open world adventure game where any choice you make can have consequences. Very dark game, graphics fit it very well. I love the sound and music, very Silent Hill 2ish.

The game is very confusing and simple though, movement is forward or turning only and you have an "inventory" but no useable objects or anything. There are no real puzzle. Only puzzle is finding Grandmas House and avoiding the wolf. Yes, it's a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood in a very dark and disturbing manner. No explicit violence though but it does have a dark undertone to it.

I just finished chapter one and the game said I did it successfully... even though I felt that I died somehow. It was a dark ending... and left me very confused...

For 8.99 I highly recommend picking it up on steam. It's a very original and unique game that needs to be checked out.
Old 03-23-09, 06:53 PM   #2
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: The Path

My best friend bought it and told me I have to get it. I don't have the time to play it right now though, realisticaly.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 02:51 AM   #3
Phyxion

I just bought it, will try it out today and report back. Game got some pretty good reviews.
Old 03-24-09, 03:35 AM   #4
Phyxion

Alright, I give it a shot. This is such a weird 'game' (It's not really a game, more a story), you somewhat have to do what they don't tell you to do. Need to find out more, only tried it few mins.