Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-23-09, 09:50 PM   #13
evilchris

Default Re: Jack Thompson Asks Obama For Nationwide Ban On "Killer Games"

The guys intentions are good, but he is not using the proper outlet. 8 year olds shouldn't be playing this crap. It does harm them. Parents don't care. What do you do?
Old 03-23-09, 10:05 PM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris View Post
The guys intentions are good, but he is not using the proper outlet. 8 year olds shouldn't be playing this crap. It does harm them. Parents don't care. What do you do?
I agree but here's another thing: Jack Thompson can do all he wants AS LONG as he doesn't affect the 18+ year old crowd. No, we shouldn't ban any games or game companies. But we should be a little more strict on what we are selling to the 17 and younger crowd. The parent don't care and that's why the world's the way it is.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 10:12 PM   #15
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

For the record, if it ever becomes impossible for kids to get their hands on M rated games, we will start seeing veeeery few M rated games with high budgets.

I'm not saying I am opposed to age checks... I am for them... but it's a reality that when movie theatres started really cracking down on kids and R movies, we got a lot less R movies or worth.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 10:18 PM   #16
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu View Post
yeah all you have to do is turn your glock foh-tay sideways and you can shoot the freckles off whitey at 200 yards.
hahahahaha

WTF!!!!

bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 11:55 PM   #17
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I agree but here's another thing: Jack Thompson can do all he wants AS LONG as he doesn't affect the 18+ year old crowd. No, we shouldn't ban any games or game companies. But we should be a little more strict on what we are selling to the 17 and younger crowd. The parent don't care and that's why the world's the way it is.
problem is most parents are stupid and will my M rated games for their kids anyway
Old 03-24-09, 03:03 PM   #18
Mullins1060

He mentions Columbine and the recent massacres in Germany as if they were directly and only caused by a person because they were affected by violent video games, does he realise how stupid he sounds. Video games don't incite violence in people that aren't already psychologically unstable and or have violent tendencies. Taking adult games out of the picture such people would more than likely still go on killing sprees, so what exactly does this have to do with adult computer games... Oh that's right nothing Mr Thompson.

The content of violent adult video games is not the problem, it is the parents being irresponsible by buying and or providing access to violent adult games for their children that are either mentally to young to play such games and or not educated to know and understand the difference between a violent game and reality, and also the lack of ID checks for the sale of adult rated games.

For the record I played quite a few violent video games in my teens and have never felt the urge to go on a killing spree...
M/B: Asus Rampage Formula (0401 BIOS) | CPU: Intel Xeon 3350 @ 3.6GHz (8x450MHz) 1.256v | HSF: Tuniq Tower 120-LFB | RAM: 2x2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-15 2T 2.1v | GFX: 1792MB EVGA GeForce GTX 295 | HD: 2x300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPM SATA-II 16MB Cache (RAID 0) | SOUND: Asus SupremeFX II | PSU: OCZ ModXStream 900W | CASE: Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80B
Mullins1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 03:12 PM   #19
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu View Post
yeah all you have to do is turn your glock foh-tay sideways and you can shoot the freckles off whitey at 200 yards.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote