Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-09, 06:35 PM   #1
mcquaidster

Default multidisplay/mixed GPU accel option in linux?

I have two displays hooked up. Normally I have the second display off. Most things seem to work fine in linux and windows. One game available in both, (enemy territory quake wars) was choppy in linux and windows.

I read that with two displays hooked up (even if only one is active), it's needed to set multi-display/mixed gpu acceleration to 'single display performance mode' with opengl apps or games due to a bug with opengl.

Anyway I set it to single display, and windows ETQW was smooth as glass. Happy with this I then tried to find the linux option, going through the nvidia readme, I see no option for anything related to this. Another option that gave a little boost as well is the nvidia option 'threaded optimization' set to on. Again, I don't see anything mentioning these features in linux nvidia binary.

My system is a 2.66 dual core 2 gigs of ram, 9800 gt. In windows xp I use the latest nvidia driver and in linux (ubuntu 8.10) I've done the obvious things like disable compiz, shut off pulseaudio, run the game outside of gnome in a barebones wm.

So I'd like to confirm if these windows options exist in the linux driver. It's a shame I reboot to play a game in windows, that has an existing native binary in linux.
mcquaidster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 06:58 PM   #2
mcquaidster

Default Re: multidisplay/mixed GPU accel option in linux?

Maybe my explanation was a little long. I just want to know if the settings multi-display/mixed gpu acceleration option and threaded optimization are available in the linux nvidia binary.

These two options are in win, are they in linux?
mcquaidster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 12:41 AM   #3
xbobmx

Default Re: multidisplay/mixed GPU accel option in linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquaidster View Post
I just want to know if the settings multi-display/mixed gpu acceleration option
not needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquaidster View Post
and threaded optimization
not available
xbobmx is offline   Reply With Quote