Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-09, 10:44 PM   #1
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang
 
Zapablast05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Posts: 3,133
Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Nintendo DSi

Anyone else get one? This is my first "DS" labeled Game Boy lol. I was just wondering if anyone else bought one. I went to Target to buy some nails and a hammer and walked over to the electronics and I saw the DSi and I thought I'd just grab it since GameStop was sold out haha. I guess I saved an extra $25 on the reserve money haha.
__________________

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 10:48 PM   #2
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapablast05 View Post
Anyone else get one? This is my first "DS" labeled Game Boy lol. I was just wondering if anyone else bought one. I went to Target to buy some nails and a hammer and walked over to the electronics and I saw the DSi and I thought I'd just grab it since GameStop was sold out haha. I guess I saved an extra $25 on the reserve money haha.
Who goes to Target to buy nails???? Now that I think about it I don't recall seeing a hardware store in Carson.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 11:01 PM   #3
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang
 
Zapablast05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Posts: 3,133
Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Who goes to Target to buy nails???? Now that I think about it I don't recall seeing a hardware store in Carson.
How do you know what is and isn't out here? o_O...

Lol, I bought some toothpaste and a toothbrush if that counts? There's a Home Depot here lol.


Off topic. DS Downloads isn't working, has this always been going on or is because the DSi just came out?
__________________

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 11:07 PM   #4
Bman212121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,726
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapablast05 View Post
How do you know what is and isn't out here? o_O...

Lol, I bought some toothpaste and a toothbrush if that counts? There's a Home Depot here lol.


Off topic. DS Downloads isn't working, has this always been going on or is because the DSi just came out?
I was in Carson while you were away... I stalking you...


Actually my cousin was out there for an internship, so I stayed with him for a week or so.

EDIT: I know where the Home Depot Center is...
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 01:29 AM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

I was never really tempted to buy a DS... most of the games are more casual, which I don't enjoy. The main thing I would play on it is old-school 2D games, but I can play those via roms on PC, so...
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 05:16 AM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

I was tempted to pick one of these up by trading in my DS Lite at Gamestop for $70, but since the DSi won't play Gameboy Advance games, forget it.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 11:50 AM   #7
zoomy942
 
zoomy942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bellevue, ID
Posts: 5,338
Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
I was tempted to pick one of these up by trading in my DS Lite at Gamestop for $70, but since the DSi won't play Gameboy Advance games, forget it.
agreed. i still play Super Mario World GBA on my DS alot.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 01:24 PM   #8
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
agreed. i still play Super Mario World GBA on my DS alot.
I got my hands on a classic NES Super Mario Bros, as well Super Mario Advance 4 and would love to be playing those right now while I'm in Manhattan. But probably 7 out of 10 times that I turn it on with a GBA cart in there, it won't recognize it. It's currently on its way back to Nintendo for repair/replacement.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-09, 01:47 PM   #9
zoomy942
 
zoomy942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bellevue, ID
Posts: 5,338
Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
I got my hands on a classic NES Super Mario Bros, as well Super Mario Advance 4 and would love to be playing those right now while I'm in Manhattan. But probably 7 out of 10 times that I turn it on with a GBA cart in there, it won't recognize it. It's currently on its way back to Nintendo for repair/replacement.
wait - they have classic NES Mario on a GBA cart?
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 02:07 PM   #10
XDanger
Whaaat?
 
XDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Wow thats dumb to drop the GBA comaptibility,

Maybe they'll release them in 1 big compilation...


My girlfriends mother has a DSi, I wanted to play with the browser but got told...

Whats it like?

I didnt know there was a PSP-3000
__________________
2500K 4.4ghz,P8P67Pro,120gb Force3, 12gb Vengeance,R9290,TX850v2,W7HP,LaCie Blue 22" crt COMMODORE 64 Silver Label 1Mhz/128D 4Mhz(Z80)
XDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 02:45 PM   #11
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
wait - they have classic NES Mario on a GBA cart?
Yeah, they have a lot of original NES games that were "ported" to the GBA. Xevious, Zelda, Zelda II, Castlevania, and of course, Mario Bors to name a few. Mario isn't rare per se, but it's among the harder GBA carts to locate. I happened to stop in the Gamestop at a local mall, and they had a copy. There are quite a few on eBay if you're so inclined.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 08:24 PM   #12
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang
 
Zapablast05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Posts: 3,133
Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Re: Nintendo DSi

The DSi browser is powered by Opera and it's similar to the iPhone web browser. Pretty cool, but it's Wi-Fi use only. If they were going to take out the GBA backwards compatibility slot, they should have at least put some type of mobile NIC or something. With the money that Nintendo has, they can launch a satellite and broadcast internet on Wii's and DSi's lol.
__________________

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft to buy RARE? CraigGen Gaming Central 19 09-12-02 11:42 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.