Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-11-09, 04:59 PM   #25
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Default Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Prypiat

More information.

Quote:
Translations of a Russian interview with GSC Game World President Sergey Grigorovitch have revealed that the company is currently developing a second "stand-alone expansion" called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. Apparently the April 2009 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. calendar included the words "Call of Pripyat" in Russian underneath the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. logo and when Grigorovitch was asked whether it was an April Fool's joke he replied that it was in fact the name of the second expansion, scheduled for release this fall.

Despite being the first "expansion" in the series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is actually a stand-alone prequel that doesn't require the original game to operate and the assumption at this point is that Call of Pripyat will be the same. Grigorovitch also indicated that an all-new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game was in the works, although how it would tie in with the first game and when it's expected to be released is unknown.

No official announcement has been made so for now this is just a rumor. We've dropped a line to GSC Game World asking for confirmation and will update when we can.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 06:08 PM   #26
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
w00ts! Never saw this coming, was hoping for a proper sequel. But still great news nevertheless.
Who agrees with me... Alternative Universe Stalker taking place in new york city and surrounding area's in present day. Anyone?
Old 04-11-09, 08:48 PM   #27
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmetal View Post
Who agrees with me... Alternative Universe Stalker taking place in new york city and surrounding area's in present day. Anyone?
Wouldn't that be "I Am Legend: The Game"?
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 11:02 PM   #28
a12ctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmetal View Post
Its not made by a US developer, chances are, they wont pick a US city. I think an alternative result to the WW2 atom bombings would be cool. As in the city's were just abandoned due to radiation, not reconstructed. Thatd be a pretty cool idea.
Old 04-11-09, 11:19 PM   #29
qube
Bored sins birth

or it can be in the world from monsters VS alien
play as Bob that should be cool
Old 04-12-09, 07:03 AM   #30
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Maybe this time we're gonna play as Monolith It make sens because Pripyat is in Monolith teritory.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 08:53 AM   #31
g-a-m-e
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
Wouldn't that be "I Am Legend: The Game"?
Omg. I Am Legend : The Game ...

That would be freaking MEGA AWESOME !

Just you , some survivors here and there to do business with and help with quests.., and an otherwise empty New York. (or LA ? i forget) . You could go into abandoned apartments to search for stuff like food, weapons, and crap .

You could pimp the security of your house, build traps to catch the dark seekers because eventually you will need to find a cure . This would be the main quest.

"I am legend" the game. With a gameplay that is a mix between Fallout 3, and STALKER.

It would be grand .
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 09:59 AM   #32
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post

Just you , some survivors here and there to do business with and help with quests.., and an otherwise empty New York. (or LA ? i forget) . You could go into abandoned apartments to search for stuff like food, weapons, and crap .

You could pimp the security of your house, build traps to catch the dark seekers because eventually you will need to find a cure . This would be the main quest.

"I am legend" the game. With a gameplay that is a mix between Fallout 3, and STALKER.

It would be grand .
Except at the end, where you're guaranteed to die...
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-09, 10:13 AM   #33
g-a-m-e
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
Except at the end, where you're guaranteed to die...
no no no . I'm not talking about one of those horrible games where you do the exact same thing on rails as in the movie .

Only the setting of the movie would be the same. Maybe a quick intro as what happened before you start the game but that would be it. The rest is free roam action RPG . It would be SWEET .
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 06:53 PM   #34
Destroy

Looking forward to this. Needs a few gameplay tweaks however. Love the graphics engine.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 09:12 PM   #35
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post

It would be grand .
Great idea, i would love to play such a game. If i had an unlimited pile of cash i would hire the Far Cry 2 people to do it with the Dunia engine.

I donīt know why because itīs totally unrelated, but i just got reminded how much i want Techlands Dead Island.
Old 04-14-09, 05:33 AM   #36
wysiwyg

Far Cry 2 is terrible, the FC2 devs would be my last choice
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote