Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-19-10, 08:05 PM   #625
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Default Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasedww View Post
Maybe I'll check it out. I'm carrying so much ammo I can hardly sprint for a second
The sprint limitation gets a bit annoying after a while. I;m sure there must be a fitness mod
Old 02-19-10, 09:13 PM   #626
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
The sprint limitation gets a bit annoying after a while. I;m sure there must be a fitness mod
Aw LAWL!
Old 02-20-10, 01:51 AM   #627
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

AM dissapointed at the short time in pripyat. was it like *BEEP* missions? I didn't even found the last toolkit before the game was over... rofl.

How many endings are CoP supposed to have?
Old 02-20-10, 01:54 AM   #628
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
AM dissapointed at the * time in pripyat. was it like *missions? I didn't even found the last toolkit before the game was over... rofl.

How many endings are CoP supposed to have?

obviously you missed the part of this thread that was talking about spoilers.
Old 02-20-10, 02:01 AM   #629
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
obviously you missed the part of this thread that was talking about spoilers.
sorry, i just woke up. Editing my post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Do you lack the intelligence to convert your images to jpeg?

Yes, the buildings look great but thats not the entire game, actually most of the game takes place in the open world which still looks like ****. I don't care to look at a ****ing wall the whole time.
Nah, i dont have PS installed, and no other good program for this task other than paint, and paint uses bad jpeg compression and ruins the pics. The game looks pretty good even outdoors. The foliage are lowres and 7 years old or something, and the drawdistance isn't anything spectacular. But even tho it has its charms...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Oh man don't get me started on the grass drawing distance... horrible

Soetdjuret, good thing you copy most of your shots you post in the Screen Shot thread from other users... Please convert and resize next time And to quote you from the Shot thread: "put some AA on ffs"
These pics are my own sir. Resize is not an option, unlike you i like big res screens otherwise small details wont be that visible and would be harder to judge the graphics.

Dude, i tried to put AA on, but i aint got the same system as Jonelo (which COULD use AA but don't) so my frames dropped like crazy when i put AA on. I was experimenting with SSAA and found that SSAA gave me less fps hit than regular AA, i was finally able to use 2x1 SSAA and was equal to 4xAA of vertical 3d outlines and objects(horizontal's wasn't affected). But it turned out to give fps drops to 30 - 35 which was in my point of view, lag. Strange though, 20 - 25 fps in crysis feels alot more fluently than 35 fps of stalker.. I find this very mystical.
Old 02-20-10, 07:29 AM   #630
Koko56

I feel that all the people who whine about the graphics are missing the point. Don't mean to sound like a preacher and what not, but I never really payed too much attention to this "draw distance issue" that you are all talking about, or should I say never really noticed it.
Old 02-20-10, 09:06 AM   #631
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko56 View Post
I feel that all the people who whine about the graphics are missing the point. Don't mean to sound like a preacher and what not, but I never really payed too much attention to this "draw distance issue" that you are all talking about, or should I say never really noticed it.
Normally for me its not an issue, I never complained with Oblivion and Fallout 3 but in this game is right in your face...
Old 02-20-10, 09:47 AM   #632
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Youre overexaggerating Magus.. Graphics fine. Not much to complain about.

Slawter, i understand what you say and i agree fully. Now i didnt have a proper program to convert them, so it wasn't possible. But am about to get Photoshop again so i can do this.

Old 02-20-10, 10:24 AM   #633
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Oh thanks for the tip man I'll try it.. Wont stop me from "gettin photoshop" anyway

Oh, and I've experienced something quite strange btw.. When i had finished the game but went back to pripyat base i heard a voice in middle of nowhere saying "I don't trust you"

What the hell was that about? Noone was around :S It was just outside the base...
Old 02-20-10, 10:24 AM   #634
|MaguS|

Quote:
Youre overexaggerating Magus.. Graphics fine. Not much to complain about.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/567...2201116427.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4...2201116560.jpg

That looks like complete **** and that is maxed ingame settings.
Old 02-20-10, 10:28 AM   #635
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

You're not using texture pack so those hilltextures look bad, and mist are covering up the distance wich IMO is good. The fading out grass is just good, would be too demanding to render it all the way to the furthest away... No, it doesn't look like shet, it's suitable for this game. It's not the drawdistance that make your 2 shots look bad, also shadows are not there, nor speculars due to the absence of the sun. Oh and if you put some SSAO on it will look better, and will give the game more depth. Also there's mods like AtmosFear that increases drawdistance. Stop complaining now. U shouldn't complain over a game if u can't even max it out in the first place.
Old 02-20-10, 10:39 AM   #636
|MaguS|

Quote:
You're not using texture pack so those hilltextures look bad, and mist are covering up the distance wich IMO is good. The fading out grass is just good, would be too demanding to render it all the way to the furthest away... No, it doesn't look like shet, it's suitable for this game. It's not the drawdistance that make your 2 shots look bad. Oh and if you put some SSAO on it will look better, and will give the game more depth. Also there's mods like AtmosFear that increases drawdistance. Stop complaining now. U shouldn't complain over a game if u can't even max it out in the first place.
Grass rendering wouldn't be too demanding if they did it properly. There are older games that do it better then this game.

How can I not max it out? I am running the game with everything maxed in the game options. Am I not maxed because I am not running external mods that the developer never intended users to run?