Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-08-09, 04:46 AM   #1
Jon

Default Is my Roccat mouse dying? Anyone got a response from their tech support?

I bought the Roccat Kone 5 months ago. And it was ace. I was playing DOW2 and the mouse pointer froze. Nuts, PC has froze I thought. I alt-tabbed back to the desktop where it became clear that it was a problem only with the mouse.

So I rebooted, tried different usb ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, tried a different PC. Nothing, the mouse pointer just sat there dead. The lights on the mouse work and much to my suprise so does the scroll wheel, right click, left click and extra buttons.

I filled in the Roccat support form. A couple of days later I'd not even received an autoresponse. So I plugged the mouse back in and to my suprise it was working again... For a couple of hours... at which point the mouse froze again. Again, everything works except it won't move the pointer. So I plugged in an old logitech mouse which works just fine.

Filled in the Roccat support form again just to make sure I'd put the right email address the first time. Still waiting...

Anyone had anything like this before? Fixed the problem? Managed to get a response or an rma from roccat?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 05:26 AM   #2
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Is my Roccat mouse dying? Anyone got a response from their tech support?

That stinks your mouse isn't working. It's doubly bad when you get no response from support. It definitely sounds like the mouse is faulty. Did you purchase it directly from the manufacturer? If not, try talking to the store from where you purchased it. Explain your situation, and they might be willing to do something for you.

This is why I stick with Logitech: good products and great support.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 10:25 AM   #3
Bman212121

Default Re: Is my Roccat mouse dying? Anyone got a response from their tech support?

Hmm, apparently you bought the mouse when it first came out, because the mouse has only been on the market for 5 months. From the looks of it they aren't exactly a big company, so I'd say you might not get support since there is no track record. I never even heard of the company let alone the mouse. They only have 1 product on the market and their keyboard is delayed.

In case anyone else is wondering, it's one of these.

http://www.roccat.org/Products/

Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 03:26 AM   #4
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
If not, try talking to the store from where you purchased it. Explain your situation, and they might be willing to do something for you.
I didn't even think of that. I just assumed that after 28 days it wasn't the stores problem anymore. BUT... the GF phoned the shop it came from and they've done me an RMA number since its less than 6 months old! Never even heard of that. Just a shame its a holiday weekend without my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Hmm, apparently you bought the mouse when it first came out, because the mouse has only been on the market for 5 months. From the looks of it they aren't exactly a big company, so I'd say you might not get support since there is no track record. I never even heard of the company let alone the mouse. They only have 1 product on the market and their keyboard is delayed.

In case anyone else is wondering, it's one of these.

http://www.roccat.org/Products/
Yep thats my mouse I love it. Feels really nice to use and has 5 custom colour profiles. I bought it probably a couple of weeks after they came out. I gathered they were a fairly small company. Just this mouse and a couple of mouse mats. I don't get how they expect to make a name for themselves when I've taken a chance on them and they've just left me to sort it out. You'd have thought they would have gone the extra mile to help their customers to build up a loyal following. I'd be scared to buy anything else from them now! And can hardly recommend them to anyone.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 05:37 AM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
BUT... the GF phoned the shop it came from and they've done me an RMA number since its less than 6 months old!
Ah, the powers of feminine persuasion.

Quote:
I don't get how they expect to make a name for themselves when I've taken a chance on them and they've just left me to sort it out. You'd have thought they would have gone the extra mile to help their customers to build up a loyal following. I'd be scared to buy anything else from them now! And can hardly recommend them to anyone.
Once you get the replacement, do a couple things. First, send the company another e-mail saying that you did receive a new mouse, no thanks to them. Say to them exactly what you've said here: that you decided to take a chance and help an up-and-coming company and you were apparently wrong in your expectation that they would stand behind their products. Don't forget to mention that you're scared to buy anything else of theirs and that you won't recommend them. Also, if you've not done so already, post about your experience on places such as Anadtech, [H], Slickdeals, and any other consumer and/or enthusiast sites. Be sure to tell the company that you're going to do this as well. Bad press by word-of-mouth is incredibly toxic.

Good luck.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 05:33 PM   #6
wysiwyg

my wheel died tonight on my kone
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 05:40 PM   #7
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

looks like a razorback copy , nice looking mouse.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 12:59 PM   #8
XDanger
Whaaat?

Sounds like a shoddy mouse to me,
Maybe their next one wont break so easily
but I wouldn't bet my money on it (by buying one).

Old 06-09-09, 02:14 PM   #9
wysiwyg

personally i wouldnt buy one again

i dont think the tracking is perfect either and i have a proper kone mousepad too

the lights on it arent that bright or adjustable either
Old 06-10-09, 06:15 AM   #10
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Logitech FTW.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 06:16 AM   #11
wysiwyg

im back to using my previous razer deathadder
Old 06-10-09, 08:50 AM   #12
snowmanwithahat
Snowy

That really sucks about the mouse.

I went through a similar problem with my Razer Copperhead.... ended up buying a new one and RMAing the old one with the information from the new one.... I didn't do a full rebate just an exchange so I actually have 2 copperheads now.... just incase one dies again since I know they have a track record of doing that... but I absolutely love them.... I'd be in trouble if they weren't around anymore.

As I'm typing this I'm sitting at working thinking of how uncomfortable this mouse is.... I think i might have found a home for the spare copperhead in my closet.
8gb (4x2gb) OCZ Gold DDR2-800 (5-4-4-12)
MSI+ASUS GTX 470 SLI
Dell u3011 IPS Display
HP 22" Auxiliary Monitor
256gb Western Digital Silicon Edge Blue SSD
5x2tb RAID-5 Array
750W PC P&C PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit & Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

---Gaming Laptop---
ASUS G53JW
Core i7 740QM
16gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 460m