Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-02, 04:37 PM   #133
aeroblade

Angry 40.41 nView menuspeed bug

nVidia still overwrites the menuspeed registry value when you use nView. I don't see why they can't just leave the menuspeed value alone. I would like to use some of the nView features but want to be able to set the value for menuspeed. nView forces either 400 or 0, nothing else!!
Old 08-29-02, 04:41 PM   #134
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I noticed I can't play nV Pinball well at 1600x1200 anymore...frames are in the 20s it looks like, ball is hard to track...
Old 08-29-02, 04:43 PM   #135
pelly

The last time I checked, we ( nV News ) haven't said anything about these drivers. All we have done is post information and facts taken directly from the press release. I should now, I'm the one who posted it...I took extra care to avoid any case where someone might say that we were slanted or that we were praising them without having tried them. As a result, we had no complaints and nobody had any issues with the post. That is, until some mental-midget decided he was in a bad mood and wanted to go rain on someone's parade.

Unfortunately, this "seasoned-reviewer" failed to open his eyes when he read through this forum. For, if he had actually spent the time to read the posts he would see that all positive remarks are made by people outside of nV News. People wrote positive remarks when they witnessed positive results. I can't imagine how that is biased or false in any way....

There have been a few bugs which have been reported in the thread as well. It should be noted that these drivers are "Beta" and a few bugs are to be expected. Resources such as this thread provide useful feedback to NVIDIA so they can fix these issues for the final release of the driver.

Hey cmsmith, instead of being an ignorant fanboy, how about making a useful and intellignet post for once?

Further proof that some people are miserable and feel as though it is their job in life to make everyone else miserable as well....

pelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 04:44 PM   #136
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

After setting D3D AF to 1x ( This is really essantial, since 0x is default and it's nearest-point - that's pre-Voodoo stuff! ) , which decreases speed compared to 0x in theory ( not sure in practice, since i didn't have time to test it ) , i tried 3dMark 2001 SE ( just to see how nice the improvements were )

Score increased 6% - Not bad at all

Nature FPS increased by 50% from 40 FPS to 60 FPS.

High Polycount Count ( 8 Light Sources ) remained at 10.4.

Vertex Shader test performance actually DECREASED by about 3% ( Yes, i run EVERY test twice ) - as did a few other tests who decreased by about 2% or less. In other words, nothing major, but certainly no improvement!

Conclusion? This is a GREAT driver set. However, it only gives a boost to PIXEL shaders, not Vertex Shaders, Point Sprites, ...

It is, naturally, a very welcome improvement. But i wonder... What about Geforce4 MX? I'm pretty much certain those cards hardly got any improvement here - but who knows. Anyone got such a result?

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 04:48 PM   #137
Quale

Default nV pinball

Hey Matthyahuw whats nV pinball?

Quale
Quale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 04:50 PM   #138
CraigGen

The built in refresh fix didn't work for me.
3DMark, GTA3, and all D3D stuff just ignored what I set and went for the same refresh rate as my desktop, in any resolution.

I'm not a fan of WinXP for gaming, So I'm waiting patiently for WinME drivers. As this OS is still way better for gaming, emulators, and old dos gaming which I still enjoy.
MSI GF4 Ti 4600
SBLive Platinum + Livedrive
Liteon 48x CDRW
Pioneer Slot DVD 106s
CraigGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 04:52 PM   #139
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

For the first time in forever an official Detonator release as given me problems. They were a complete distaser I wasn't even able to run one bemch mark. Plus they confused my monitor settings and wouldn't hold any settings. I had to go back to the 30.82s
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX760SC | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 05:08 PM   #140
ExitWound

Send a message via AIM to ExitWound

Somewhere way back on page 1 or 2 I had posted about my maximum screensize being halved. NEver did find out why that happened. I uninstalled the 40's and went back to whatever i was using before, 29.42 i think. Thing was, the bug was still there. So i had no idea what It was all about. If i wanted to I probably could have put massive chunks of my day into fixing it, but a clean OS install was an easier way. 1 hour later I was back up with XP running and everything installed. I have most of my stuff backed up on another drive so the core OS can just be reinstaled easily. Problem fixed this time. i have the whole screen to work with again.

GeForce3. The celeron 566@953 showed very little increase in any of the hi-poly scenes in 3dmark2k1SE, but low-poly's increased a tad. NAture demo went from 17 to 33fps though!! that's nearly 100% I'm sure not too many of my games will improve THAT much since my cpu is a huge bottleneck, but i'll take what I can get.
I'm the Heavy Metal Thunderstriking Jesus. "
ExitWound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-02, 05:11 PM   #141
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"

Send a message via AIM to Dazz

I recived no increase either with a TI4400.
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 05:17 PM   #142
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

All these comments/feedback are reeking of when the original 21.81 detonator set was released last year. God willing, in less than 2 hours I'll be able to experience these drivers myself.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 05:20 PM   #143
JonathanM
Crazy Canuck

Default Re: nV pinball

Quote:
Originally posted by Quale
Hey Matthyahuw whats nV pinball?

Quale
It's a small demo program that NVIDIA programmed to show off some of it's features. forceware was bundled with PNY cards if I'm correct. But soon enough, it spread upon the web which is where most people got it.

besides some smaller programs, it contained nvchess and nvpinball which were quite cool. heh
Old 08-29-02, 05:24 PM   #144
volt

"WHQL Certification Pending"

w0rd.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote