Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-02, 01:24 PM   #85
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

Actually there seems to be some loss of IQ, in that if you look at the grates in the Lobby scenes in 3dmark2k1, there is definite loss of quality. I may be mistaken but it also feels like general texture shimmer is a bit worse. Don't know if its just my comp., but feedback on the grates/vents in scene 3 would be great.

-Aristotle
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 01:31 PM   #86
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Warp2Search says "The new 40.41 Detonators' Control Panel doesn't work if you had installed a localized older Detonator before. To solve the problem, simply delete the 2 obsolete Files nvrsXX.dll and nvcpXX.hlp in your windowssystem32 folder , where XX is your language code. Additionally the file nvqtwk.dll from older drivers isn't needed anymore so you should also delete it to be sure."
Old 08-29-02, 01:31 PM   #87
b5fan

Smile tried new 40.41 drivers

Hi,
tried the new 40.41 drivers and got these results on my system

AthlonXP 1700
256mb DDR PC2100
ECS K7S5A
Geforce 2 pro 64mb
Hercules Fortissmo 2 sound card

Quake 3 demo
176.9 fps ( no difference there, ran slightly smoother )

3DMark 2001 SE
4510 ( only 10 extra )

Grand Prix 4
recommended 30 fps ( More graphics being drawn, slightly smoother fps and the image quality of graphics was improved too)

Only lost 3fps on recommended fps but i got better looking game

This is where i got my improvement was too busy looking at the graphic detail to drive round track on monaco, more trees, extra cranes, new crowd stands and people on building watching race etc.
Got to admit i was amazed new drivers improved it

I like them at moment

If nvidia not releasing morew drivers for win9x then looks like i need to buy winxp home edition
Thats 90 wasted on software
b5fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 01:34 PM   #88
pelly

Given the fact that I love being miserable and loaded with work, I think I'll try to throw something together comparing these drivers to a good previous set. Expect resolutions limited to 1024 though because I am not in the mood to dig out the 17" CRT to replace my LCD....

Don't worry, I'll still have different levels of eye-candy.......

I'll try to get it wrapped-up and sent to Mike late tonight....maybe we could have it polished and cleaned-up for tomorrow afternoon?

pelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 01:34 PM   #89
John Reynolds

Quote:
Originally posted by hordaktheman
Actually there seems to be some loss of IQ, in that if you look at the grates in the Lobby scenes in 3dmark2k1, there is definite loss of quality. I may be mistaken but it also feels like general texture shimmer is a bit worse. Don't know if its just my comp., but feedback on the grates/vents in scene 3 would be great.
That's what I was worried about. I noticed texture aliasing increasing in quite a few games with the latest drivers (29.42s, 30.xx). Hmmm, and at the same time the aniso scores keep making significant jumps upwards. These drivers look like little more 3DMark boosters with some added functionality (functionality that should've been there years ago!).
John Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 01:39 PM   #90
Disturbed

I have a HUGE problem with these drivers on my system.

When running Counter-Strike or Neverwinter Nights, I get a double of the image plus lots and lots of blinking. When I ran the Werewolf demo after I restarted I saw Neverwinter Nights screen before the werewolf. Then the double image and blinking came.

If anyone has any ideas please email me at sevastra@hotmail.com or just reply in the thread.

Im running a Xtasy Geforce 4 MX 440 on a NForce motherboard with an Athlon XP 2k and 512 megs of PC2100 ram.
Old 08-29-02, 01:41 PM   #91
slidey

Default RivaTuner?

Has anyone tried RivaTuner with these drivers? Does the refresh rate fix still work?
slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 01:52 PM   #92
ToastGodSupreme

Send a message via AIM to ToastGodSupreme
Default Re: RivaTuner?

Quote:
Originally posted by slidey
Has anyone tried RivaTuner with these drivers? Does the refresh rate fix still work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	see.gif
Views:	1042
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	189  
ToastGodSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-02, 01:59 PM   #93
Rattatattat

Interesting that I don't have that option. Anybody have a clue as to why?
Old 08-29-02, 02:00 PM   #94
ToastGodSupreme

Send a message via AIM to ToastGodSupreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattatattat
Interesting that I don't have that option. Anybody have a clue as to why?
because you don't have them enabled...

Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplEnableRotatePage"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nv\Device0]
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=hex:01,00,00,00
"NvCplCpqConfiguration"=hex:01,00,00,00
"NvCplEnablenForcePage"=hex:01,00,00,00
ToastGodSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:06 PM   #95
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Quote:
Originally posted by kill`em`all
I had a peek in the registry at

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\System]

"UseIntelCompat"=dword:00000000
"UseViaCompat"=dword:00000000
"UseNvidiaCompat"=dword:00000000

Anyone know what these settings actually do?.
My guess is you enable your chipset if you have compatability issues....
Old 08-29-02, 02:09 PM   #96
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by VoodooNinja
I think they will be releasing WIN98/ME drivers very soon. If you look at Nvidia's site. They removed all WIN98/ME drivers, even the 30.82's. They wouldn't do that unless they had something to replace them.

Thanks for the encouraging news mate, when I hit nVidia this morning they still had the 30.82s up for downloading. Progress is good.

BTW-Isn't MS still supporting ME though? (Well, I guess they're not supporting "me" if they ain't supporting ME.... )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote