Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-02, 02:16 PM   #97
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
My guess is you enable your chipset if you have compatability issues....
If you substitute 1 for the last zero it means it's enabled.
I will give it a try and see what happens
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:18 PM   #98
Rattatattat

Thank you ToastGod it works to perfection. Ill have to start reading these forums a little better for interesting little tidbits like this. Your the man!
Old 08-29-02, 02:20 PM   #99
Richthofen

"
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplEnableRotatePage"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi
ces\nv\Device0]
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=hex:01,00,00,00
"NvCplCpqConfiguration"=hex:01,00,00,00
"NvCplEnablenForcePage"=hex:01,00,00,00
"

Is there somethin similar for OpenGL to get this kind of refresh rate fix menue?
Richthofen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:23 PM   #100
volt

Hmm, anyone figured out how to get rid of that NVQTwk.dll error?
Or should I just move that dll where it was before, so it doesnt brag about it

EDIT:
It's in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run

key: RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

I deleted the whole key, because when I left NvCplDaemon alone it bragged that it's not present. SO if you want to try just delete that key and it should be fine. Mine works now, though I dont know any drawbacks to it.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]

Last edited by volt; 08-29-02 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-29-02, 02:23 PM   #101
slidey

Quote:
Is there somethin similar for OpenGL to get this kind of refresh rate fix menue?
I'm wondering the same thing - I have always been able to override Direct3D refresh rates using dxdiag...OpenGL is the bigger problem, which I have used RivaTuner to combat in the past...
slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:26 PM   #102
Rattatattat

ToastGodSupreme, I spoke to soon. Your still the man but the overides aren't working. I now have the option in the the control panel and have changed the settings but my monitor still reports 60Hz for every setting. Should that be all I have to do or is there something else?
Old 08-29-02, 02:27 PM   #103
RAST
<>

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeydust
Tried them on WinXP Pro and I was getting a NvTwk.dll (or something like that) error everytime I booted up. Tried running the installer and installing them manually with the same results.
MonkeyDust (and anyone else getting the NvTwk.dll error)

The reason is because you have a 3rd party tweak utility loaded which calls NvTwk.dll. This DLL is no longer used by Nvidia Dets so naturally the tweak utility can't call it. But the utility doens't know that and tries any way.

I foudn this out by playing around with my 2 systems that have different tweak utilities loaded.

NvMax says "Detonator 20.00 or greater not installed"
NvTweak dies with the "NvTwk.dll" error

I haven't tried all the utilities but it looks like they won't work with the 40.xx series (yet).

Dave
RAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:29 PM   #104
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot

Awesome drivers! I scored 14, 151 using max performance settings. My highest score achieved before was 13,328 so there was a substantial boost in my overall score. The biggest boost of course came from the nature test but all the other tests showed some improvement as well. Overall I'm impressed with these drivers so far. Now to try them in BF 1942 and Asherons Call 2 to see how they hold up.
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-02, 02:31 PM   #105
Zarich

I dont get how to enter the information into the registry for the pages to appear. I dont have anyway to enter a hex value. Hex isnt an option. Is there another way to fix the refresh rate?
Zarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:31 PM   #106
RAST
<>

Quote:
Originally posted by d1rX

It's in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run

key: RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

I will just take out the NvQTwk part since this DLL is not present in 40's
I'd be cautious about editing the Hkey_Current_Users hive because that can get overwritten on the next reboot.
RAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-02, 02:35 PM   #107
hedrums

Default A Problem

I still play Janes F/A-18, and it has a problem with the new drivers (Det 40), at least on my system. Water now looks, well, stupid. The water texture is messed up (big, flat areas that tile poorly), plus the radio text is superimposed on the water in huge, backwards lettering!

It looks very odd. Does anyone else here still play this sim? Have you experienced the same thing, or does it work for you?
Old 08-29-02, 02:39 PM   #108
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by RAST

I'd be cautious about editing the Hkey_Current_Users hive because that can get overwritten on the next reboot.
I just did that.

Open Regedit

Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run

Delete the key that contains the following: RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize (My key is gone so I forget what was the name of it lol)

When you leave NvCplDaemon in that key it will brag that it's not present. Mine works now, though I dont know any drawbacks to it.

Last edited by volt; 08-29-02 at 02:42 PM.