Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-09, 02:12 PM   #13
delas52
:::::::::::::::::

Default Re: Top 3 things you dislike in the world of gaming!

lack of pc exclusives
piracy
game costs
delas52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 02:12 PM   #14
kazna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
3: Epic games - Most overrated company in the buisness. Big in the mouth but hasn´t produced one good product except for Unreal 1.
Unreal Engine 3? Probably the best scaling from a game engine thats widely used today!

Also, UT2k4?

My list:

1. DRM
2. Piracy that forces DRM.
3. Poor console ports. (unoptimized for pc hardware, lack of video options, etc.)
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 02:14 PM   #15
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

1) Games with no savegame feature
2) MMO's
3) Games with crappy controls

though to the contrary of the OP, i like Motion Blur! esp the object-based MB!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 02:16 PM   #16
ralinn
Masters

Probably PC fanboys.

I love my PC but I really hate PC fanboys more than any other.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 02:21 PM   #17
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

1. PC fanboys that hate consoles. Consoles aren't a bad alternative to PC (especially when most around-$500 PCs have crappy Intel GFX chipsets), I don't see the harm in them . . . Before you bash me, please look at my 2nd choice:

2. Crappy console ports and/or lack of multi-platform development. I don't see why most console games can't be released/developed on the PC platform, minus cost. If certain devs would release their games on PC (and it was actually a good/worth buying), they could make quite a nice bit of sales IMO.

3. Price of PC games. Why do new games have to cost $50 a pop for PC? I usually have to wait a good 3-5 months before a new game can drop down to $30 or $35, which is a reasonable price for a PC game.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 02:22 PM   #18
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazna View Post
Unreal Engine 3? Probably the best scaling from a game engine thats widely used today!
Well, i´m not one of the Unreal 3 engine fans but i respect your opinion. I would say that Capcom´s Framework engine is the best scaling engine

Dunia seem to use the hardware pretty well too.
Old 04-19-09, 02:25 PM   #19
|MaguS|

1) Lack of Original IPs
2) Lack of support for Coop
3) No System Shock 3
Old 04-19-09, 02:55 PM   #20
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn View Post
Probably PC fanboys.

I love my PC but I really hate PC fanboys more than any other.
And we hate you console fanboys more then ANYTHING, back to lala lala land STFU

Hate all console wannabie Pc's 360/PS3 as they both drag down Pc gaming with crappy textures bla bla you know it all. we get crappy looking games so I just hope they dies as St John belives. a Console should be just like Wii and nothing more, leave the rest hight tech stuff for Pc gaming so the A-Holes devs gives us games that tax our hardware like it suppose to be!

Ps!
And to all the Retards out there I was joking as im mostly do so pleaze flame the best ya can

And no I dont hate consoles I just wish we could get better looking Pc games but soon I have 3D Vision and it surely will be taxing as hell anyway so it's a good thing every game isent Crysis
And I dont think that the consoles do hold back Pc gaming, just as nVidia said these console probaby set the bar higher then before and from their it's just up to the devs how much they will scale. if it's one thing thats drags it's down its Intels integrated crap!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-09, 03:08 PM   #21
CaptNKILL
CUBE

I guess I'll have to go with these in no particular order.

1. Streamlining and removing features and complexities from games to appeal to people that developers\publishers think are too dumb to play a complex game. Give gamers some credit. They aren't retarded, so make the game you want to make, not the one you think you need to make without confusing people. Rather than dumbing down sequels, games should be getting MORE complex. Make an accessible game to develop a huge fan base, then do what you want with the sequel since you already have a million guaranteed sales in the first week. You'll keep the attention of the "hardcore" gamers, you'll most likely keep your old fans and you may even set a new standard for games that sell well and aren't playable by chimps with downs syndrome.

2. Absolutely no support for PC gaming from general retail stores. At Wal-Mart a $300 eMachines with 2Gb of memory is no slower than a $900 "top of the line" HP with 7Gb of memory because they both have piece of crap Geforce 6150 integrated video. On sale in the same aisle is a Geforce 6200 that is also no faster for nearly $100. How do they expect to sell PC games when they don't sell anything that can play them?

3. Very low standards for performance and smooth controls in many games. I see people complain about Crysis or other cutting edge games for their high requirements, while other games are showered with praises even if they run poorly, look dated and even feel sluggish\choppy when they aren't running poorly. I'd like to see people actually mention things like this so we don't have developers putting their time into sequels on the same crappy outdated game engines, simply because they think they don't need to raise their standards.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 04:27 PM   #22
Dreamweavernoob
Desperate code

1: Pc games are far to expensive for what they are. I have no issue paying whatever price for a game if it deservess it. However im tired of having to pay big bucks for what fundementally isnt worth it.

2:Graphics: I swear they are not progressing at all. We are getting low resolution textures, covered with massive amounts of motion blur that STILL runs like **** on pcs due to poor optimisation. Glad im getting rid of my gtx 295.

3: Lack of innovation. Its getting to formulaic. Consoles are getting addons such as motion sensitive controllers, better multiplayer features etc where as pcs are not progressing at all except in the under utilised hardware front. Obviously the keyboard etc is not going away and I dont think many people WANT it to go away, but at least some innovation would be nice. Maybe things like proper 3d support for pc games, widescreen monitors like that bendy nec one or whatever.

Personally I have become really disillusioned with PC games. Im tired of having to jump through hoops to play a multiplayer game on LAN. Im not paying twice to play one ****ty game on lan when you can play it multiplayer on a console for nothing. Im tired of no good releases coming for pc.

In fact ive sold my GTX 295 for £320, will buy a lower end card (that can still play games (nothing to tax my gtx)) and will take a chance on a console. Hell, I could get a 9800GT second hand, buy a Nintendo wii and get a Xbox 360 and still have enough to boost my Blu-ray collection.

Ill give pc gaming another shot later on. (been a pc gamer since the 90's exclusively, welcomed in Unreal tournament, Quake, doom, been a member of steam since the start....)
Old 04-19-09, 04:42 PM   #23
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

1 consoles

2 Sick weirdos that think wow is real.

3 Any command a conquer type games
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-09, 04:50 PM   #24
Isola
Zveroboi

1)console
2)Brainless console games
3)ported console games to pc.
Isola is offline   Reply With Quote