Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-01-09, 05:17 PM   #25
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Velvet Assassin - Official Thread

for a bargain title, it is not worth the price. should cost the same as Zeno Clash.
Old 05-01-09, 05:47 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

It's not really a bargain title, I don't know why you guys think that. It's quite long... I'm at 3.5 hours and on mission 4 of 12. It also has a lot of assets... nice and large enviornments. A lack of innovation does not a budget title make, or else every FPS game would be $20. I'm enjoying this game quite a lot and don't feel ripped off at all.

Oh, and it does have ladder and door animations, that guy is smoking crack. When a ladder or door leads to a new area, as in a load time, it does cut them short and fade to black though.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 05:53 PM   #27
|MaguS|

hmm... so its worth 50? I would get it this second if it were 30 but 50 is kinda hard to accept. Is the story good?
Old 05-01-09, 06:07 PM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
hmm... so its worth 50? I would get it this second if it were 30 but 50 is kinda hard to accept. Is the story good?
It's worth $50 if you loved Splinter Cell/Thief and don't require a lot of innovation. It seems like a long game, the graphics are nice, it's built well for PC, Steam DRM... good stuff, but nothing really fresh and new.

I don't want you getting it and then complaining it plays like a 4 year old game, because I am telling you right now it does. I liked those 4 year old games a lot though.

Story... it seems decent at times, then dissapears. She is in a coma and there are people about to kill her, and you are going through her memories trying to wake her up. I would bet the last level is her in her nightie escaping the hospital after you wake her up, which could be cool. The game has a lot of surreal cutscenes, and the levels are immersive.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-01-09, 06:09 PM   #29
|MaguS|

Well you know me. Im not one to complain about graphics or old gameplay style as long as its fun. I might pick it up, Hawx is $30 this weekend on steam...
Old 05-01-09, 07:03 PM   #30
saguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
It's worth $50 if you loved Splinter Cell/Thief and don't require a lot of innovation. It seems like a long game, the graphics are nice, it's built well for PC, Steam DRM... good stuff, but nothing really fresh and new.

I don't want you getting it and then complaining it plays like a 4 year old game, because I am telling you right now it does. I liked those 4 year old games a lot though.

Story... it seems decent at times, then dissapears. She is in a coma and there are people about to kill her, and you are going through her memories trying to wake her up. I would bet the last level is her in her nightie escaping the hospital after you wake her up, which could be cool. The game has a lot of surreal cutscenes, and the levels are immersive.
I also love those old stealth games and I would happily pay $60 for an old Thief game that has been updated. Reading some of the reviews put me off but I am liking what I am hearing from stealth fans. Apart from Mafia 2 there is not much else that I am looking forward to so its worth a buy.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 07:22 PM   #31
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I might try it. Velvet says it's good and compares well to Splinter Cell. So that's enough for me.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 07:44 PM   #32
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I am really enjoying it, yes. I haven't played a game like it in a long time and it is well made, in my opinion, barring a few minor things.

Some more pics:

Old 05-01-09, 07:54 PM   #33
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Wow shadows looks nice
Old 05-01-09, 08:57 PM   #34
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Wow shadows looks nice
Yep... those are on high, and they look damn nice. The textures also can look really good a lot of the time (though there are strange ones that looks crappy, but they're rare, like a license plate on a vehicle).

Old 05-02-09, 12:10 PM   #35
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

More pics to show off shadows and light:

Old 05-02-09, 12:56 PM   #36
MaxFX
*BANNED*

hmm some great pics there, may have to try it out, any luck of disable the crappy motion blur yet ?
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote