Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-07-09, 01:14 PM   #13
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Infamous Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
It is not a trap! How dare you try to ruin my relationship with 1337! I dislike you greatly now my friend!
I've seen the way you look at him when he's asleep.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 01:26 PM   #14
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

We really should set up a share system between PSN users here. Hell we all could even pay into buying full games like Marvel vs Capcom. Sucks the way Sony is going about demos, no way in hell I'm pre-ordering anything from gamestop etc when I can save on tax and probably $10 buying online. Been hearing good things about the demo though.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:47 PM   #15
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

So how would it work to download from someone else's account? do you have to login everytime to that persons account to play the demo? Or once you download into your ps3 you can just logout and back into your account and its yours for good? I'm not stingy and willing to help out some good veteran members as long as I know the process is safe

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:55 PM   #16
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_Like_ThaT View Post
So how would it work to download from someone else's account? do you have to login everytime to that persons account to play the demo? Or once you download into your ps3 you can just logout and back into your account and its yours for good? I'm not stingy and willing to help out some good veteran members as long as I know the process is safe
Basically you would give somebody (I pray me) your account email and password (best to change your password to a dummy one while you are sharing) then I (again, I pray thee so) log in to your account start the download and then log back into my account. You don't even have to stay on the account while it downloads. And no, you don't have to use that account to play the demo, from then on you can use any account.

I was tempted today to drive an hour to the Best Buy near me (near is a stretch lol) just to preorder for the demo, but I hate the idea of A) Eating a 5 dollar loss for a demo... I know 5 dollars isn't anything, but I can get me a Little Caesers pizza for 5 bucks man! Or B) Getting the demo and then going back and telling them I no longer want the preorder to get my 5 bucks back. I just hate that I am stuck demoless because of these dang extra powers, although I will say Prototype seems to have it worse. Gamestop you get some awesome figure, and with Game Crazy (I think) you get some awesome LE book or something with it.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 12:15 AM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Oh yeah and I also forgot, I think you can only share it 5 times.
Old 05-08-09, 02:57 AM   #18
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

1337... you are such a tease! lol
Old 05-08-09, 01:57 PM   #19
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Basically you would give somebody (I pray me) your account email and password (best to change your password to a dummy one while you are sharing) then I (again, I pray thee so) log in to your account start the download and then log back into my account. You don't even have to stay on the account while it downloads. And no, you don't have to use that account to play the demo, from then on you can use any account.

I was tempted today to drive an hour to the Best Buy near me (near is a stretch lol) just to preorder for the demo, but I hate the idea of A) Eating a 5 dollar loss for a demo... I know 5 dollars isn't anything, but I can get me a Little Caesers pizza for 5 bucks man! Or B) Getting the demo and then going back and telling them I no longer want the preorder to get my 5 bucks back. I just hate that I am stuck demoless because of these dang extra powers, although I will say Prototype seems to have it worse. Gamestop you get some awesome figure, and with Game Crazy (I think) you get some awesome LE book or something with it.
Cant you just create a throwaway account instead of the one you use all the time and do it that way?
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 01:59 PM   #20
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
Cant you just create a throwaway account instead of the one you use all the time and do it that way?
Yes, but I am guessing 1337 Like That already used his demo code on his main account, which means the code is no invalid so he couldn't activate it on another account.

Old 05-08-09, 07:22 PM   #21
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Oh yeah and I also forgot, I think you can only share it 5 times.
I can't wait for all the game sharers on gamefaqs and such to break their PS3, need to redownload their games, then learn they can't.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 08:50 PM   #22
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I can't wait for all the game sharers on gamefaqs and such to break their PS3, need to redownload their games, then learn they can't.
Yeah... I personally don't trade anything except with my brother who only downloads stuff one time, and he doesn't even do it for everything I get. I almost traded away some of my PSN stuff to get this demo but realized it would be dumb just for a demo... although I still want it so bad .
Old 05-08-09, 10:53 PM   #23
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Oh yeah and I don't know if people are googling for it or what... but I have had a few requests from people to add as a friend so I can share the demo with them. I just want to tell you people I CANNOT SHARE IT. I DO NOT have it, and if I did have it, it wouldn't be on my own account.

That is all.
Old 05-09-09, 11:20 AM   #24
|MaguS|

Hey share the demo with me...