Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-09, 09:16 AM   #37
phn

Default Re: Infamous Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by albokid2468 View Post
@bold, Guessing thats the year you were born...

also, whats with all the xDD's ???
Yeah, it is the year when I born... The same year when Nirvana produced "In Utero" ^^ x) And if you want, I can tell you the exactly day... Tuesday 13, July.
phn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 02:43 PM   #38
Albo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phn View Post
Yeah, it is the year when I born... The same year when Nirvana produced "In Utero" ^^ x) And if you want, I can tell you the exactly day... Tuesday 13, July.
okay, thanks for the info. Ill keep that in mind when someone asks me what Nirvana song was released in 1993 on Tuesday 13, July
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 10:39 PM   #39
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
Crackdown was awesome, and if Infamous is like a PS3 version of it, count me in.
Crackdown was pretty lame gameplay wise... all the missions were just "lock on to person X, hold R button." I loved its visual style though.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 12:29 AM   #40
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I actually enjoyed Crackdown a lot... yeah the lock on game play was pretty bad... but I just loved running around collecting all of the stuff and building myself up to be a monster that could pick up cars and throw it 8 miles while running 80 miles an hour and jumping off of a giant building. Was fun.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 05:25 AM   #41
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I actually enjoyed Crackdown a lot... yeah the lock on game play was pretty bad... but I just loved running around collecting all of the stuff and building myself up to be a monster that could pick up cars and throw it 8 miles while running 80 miles an hour and jumping off of a giant building. Was fun.
^ This

Driving around the world, crashing into ****, ramping off other ****, and running over bad guys was great fun. The various weapons were fun to use, too. Online co-op was also a blast, especially when both of us were at a pretty high level. It was also fun showing him how to unlock some of the driving achievements.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 12:35 PM   #42
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
^ This

Driving around the world, crashing into ****, ramping off other ****, and running over bad guys was great fun. The various weapons were fun to use, too. Online co-op was also a blast, especially when both of us were at a pretty high level. It was also fun showing him how to unlock some of the driving achievements.
Yeah... I remember one time playing coop with a friend and he was driving a bus... so I just jumped on top of it and shot everything that moved while he was driving down the road. Man... making me want to play it again, but I let a friend borrow my copy .
Old 05-12-09, 01:18 PM   #43
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
^ This

The fun use of the powers just made me resent the game more, because none of the missions made you use your powers. Every "mission" was just to kill a slightly stronger than normal enemy, that stayed in a small area and never did anything but shoot at you and move around a bit.

If the missons made you use powers and stuff it would have been a lot better, or if they had any variety what-so-ever. If the shooting actually required skill of some kind, rather than a lock-on win button, it would have been a lot better.

I found the game to have a ton of potential and very little payoff. I guess if you're the type of person who never plays the story in a GTA game and just runs around causing mayhem it might have been better, but I expected more, especially with such a solid foundation.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-12-09, 01:21 PM   #44
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Ok lets get back on topic for Infamous... IGN has their review. 9.2. Don't really have any complaints about the review, except that he gives the audio an 8.5 purely because of Coles gravelly voice. WTF? The soundtrack is awesome and the game sounds great... but the characters voice is gravelly, so it sucks?

Old 05-12-09, 01:42 PM   #45
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

You think 8.5 "sucks"?

Old 05-12-09, 01:47 PM   #46
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
You think 8.5 "sucks"?
Yes 8.5 sucks for what he said negative about it... the main character has a gravelly voice OMGZ NOES NOT A VOICE THAT I DON'T LIKE TAKE IT DOWN 1.5 POINTS!
Old 05-12-09, 02:15 PM   #47
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I just don't like this recent idea that anything under a 9 is crap... taking off a point for a bad main character voice seems reasonable to me. An 8.5 is a great score. You might not agree the voice is bad, but reviews are OPINIONS.

Personally I don't like seeing numbers in reviews at all.

Old 05-12-09, 02:21 PM   #48
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I just don't like this recent idea that anything under a 9 is crap... taking off a point for a bad main character voice seems reasonable to me. An 8.5 is a great score. You might not agree the voice is bad, but reviews are OPINIONS.

Personally I don't like seeing numbers in reviews at all.
Well Half Life 2 gets a 2 for audio because OMGZ GORDON DOESN'T EVEN SPEAKS!