Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-09, 04:37 PM   #13
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
What about Windows 7? It's superior to Vista and gives a nice boost in performance for most of games. Maybe Microsoft have some announcement for PC games at E3 this year. But really, Microsoft isn't only one that makes games... there's a lot of other developers that makes games too. Don't blame Microsoft solely for this.
I thought I read Windows 7 does not increase game performance in benchmarks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 05:50 PM   #14
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
What about Windows 7? It's superior to Vista and gives a nice boost in performance for most of games. Maybe Microsoft have some announcement for PC games at E3 this year. But really, Microsoft isn't only one that makes games... there's a lot of other developers that makes games too. Don't blame Microsoft solely for this.
What boost? It is just getting back to normal performance that XP gives.
Old 05-14-09, 05:58 PM   #15
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

gaming performance in xp and vista sp1/sp2/win7(vista se) is on par. please stop that bs.
Old 05-14-09, 06:10 PM   #16
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
gaming performance in xp and vista sp1/sp2/win7(vista se) is on par. please stop that bs.
+1
This BS should have been laid to rest long ago!

Vista is a damn fine OS and I have never had any problem with it and Win7 should be even better!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 06:11 PM   #17
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Few of people including me saw some performance increase in some games in Windows 7 over Vista. I didn't say faster than XP. You got to remind yourself that your rig isn't same as millions of people's rig so some did see some increase while others don't.

So, there's still a lot to improve with Windows 7, so maybe the performance will increase in the future.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 12:08 AM   #18
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Few of people including me saw some performance increase in some games in Windows 7 over Vista. I didn't say faster than XP. You got to remind yourself that your rig isn't same as millions of people's rig so some did see some increase while others don't.

So, there's still a lot to improve with Windows 7, so maybe the performance will increase in the future.
+1

I had FPS lost on Vista over XP ( both 32 bits) mostly in GTA IV. And also GTA IV works better on Win7 than on Vista on my PC.
Old 05-15-09, 04:47 AM   #19
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

MS deserve every single amount of bashing on PC as it is. I've put up with their promises and failures for long enough, open the floodgates and flame them. I doubt they'll even respond but maybe there is a slim chance of some kind of kickstart. Their budget for PC gaming support must be a tiny tiny fraction of the 360.
Old 05-15-09, 05:10 AM   #20
rudedog
Not so Rude

Here is a fact,

At the beginning of the year, I was nominated and accepted by Microsoft as a Microsoft MVP for games for windows.

There are a lot of perks including my own contacts, account manager, accounts to MS tech net as well as access to all software and product trainings.... the list goes on and it's rather cool to have the title.

With that said, we get weekly emails on all the latest pod casts, blog posts, press releases, news blurbs, product info and so on. Only once did I ever receive anything in regards to "Games for Windows" and that was the kick off meeting to introduce the new GFW community/product manager (if you remember Ryan). That was canceled the day he was let go....... Seems that they never replaced him nor do they have any info, products, news, services for any of the Microsoft MVPs.

That in itself tells me where they stand on, supporting the PC market. I've called it a long time ago. The biggest enemy to the PC gaming market is Microsoft themselves.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-09, 06:17 AM   #21
K007

gaming performance seems similar across xp/vista/w7. what w7 brings mostly to the table is the actual performance of the OS. The OS much smoother, games still stay the same, but the OS is where W7 > Vista.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 06:59 AM   #22
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
With that said, we get weekly emails on all the latest pod casts, blog posts, press releases, news blurbs, product info and so on. Only once did I ever receive anything in regards to "Games for Windows" and that was the kick off meeting to introduce the new GFW community/product manager (if you remember Ryan). That was canceled the day he was let go....... Seems that they never replaced him nor do they have any info, products, news, services for any of the Microsoft MVPs.

That in itself tells me where they stand on, supporting the PC market. I've called it a long time ago. The biggest enemy to the PC gaming market is Microsoft themselves.
Interesting info, and it only confirms what they are doing.

They don't believe in their own product.

And the problem is that there is no competition at all. With their monopoly they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

I'm not saying Windows is bad, I quite like it as an OS. I also enjoy gaming on it, which makes it sting when Microsoft don't care about their own original gaming product.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 07:04 AM   #23
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

The biggest enemy to the PC gaming market is PC gamers themselves.

They hate the games and pirate everything in sight.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-09, 07:17 AM   #24
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
And we can be thankful to Nvidia and Ati driver teams, not M$!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote